Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odds on the Mods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

why wouldnt she? Id ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Beruthiel wrote:
    this thread sucks
    Well dont read it then...Also if ucd boards people really hate the su threads so much (even though they get the most views and comments etc etc) then why do they bother reading them...Im staying away from the spam thread cos it bores me and the hottest girl eva ones that appear regularly on AH....This Is a PUBLIC forum...we are never going to get everyone agreeing on whats a good thread or not so dont complain if you dont like one of the threads.....just dont read it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I would like to suggest who should be considered but I wouldn't want to bias the decision. Someone who is level headed, around here for a long while (knows what this forum is for) , doesn't have apprehensions towards anyone, gets along well with everyone but knows where the line is with the rules (abuse, spam/chat)..... 4 people definitely fall into that category. I just wouldn't want to see someone get it on popularity though.
    Beruthiel wrote:
    this thread sucks

Ah don't be jealous because you're not in the running! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

She's got "issues"*nerdy chuckle
    :)

why wouldnt she? Id ban you.
    Im not talking about me....Im talking about maybe people like elmyra,bkdzr etc...maybe there is too many personal ties there already...abit like peachy had with seb,boneless etc...Im sure being personal friends with someone makes them more difficult to ban.....(im just saying that all!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

wudnt u if u had to read thru PI all day long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Someone who is around here for a long while (knows what this forum is for)
    i think i win that one, i've been on boards since i was 15:o

:eek:

:(

:D

humbert wrote:
    He's got "issues"*nerdy chuckle
    You might want to edit the ''he's'' to ''she's'' there humbert!

panda100 wrote:
    Im sure being personal friends with someone makes them more difficult to ban.....(im just saying that all!)

If they're a good mod they'd ban anyone for an offence, even their granny. Didn't Steph ban Moriarty once right?

If they're a good mod they'd ban anyone for an offence, even their granny. Didn't Steph ban Moriarty once right?

i dont think my granny is on boards so that wont matter

but ya i do agree with panda on this one!

• Advertisement

Depends on the mod, peachy didn't let it get in her way, I'm sure the next mod wont, I'd ban any of ya:D

tintinr35 wrote:
    i dont think my granny is on boards so that wont matter

Yay!I was waiting for the tirade of wtf do you know tirade from your corner:D

Well I consider myself to be a pretty normal human being (kaptainredeye might disagree) but all I know is that I would feel bad banning my mates..or even those that I may have met at board beers and got on with...it would be uncomfortable....thats why I actually do thinlk MNG would be a good suggestion...cos he is quite fair and he has absolutley no personal ties on this forum.

Yea but lets face it, you've fallen out with people for simply disagreeing with you;)

tintinr35 wrote:

I agree with her too. I don't agree with her suggestions of who should be a mod (sorry lads! :( ) but she's right with regards to favouritism etc. I honestly believe most people wouldn't be biased towards other posters but as far as I'm concerned once the new mod is person who's familiar with the forum (i.e has been here for a while), knows the charter inside out and the line between whats acceptable and what isn't then there shouldn't be any problem with potential bias. If someone isn't comfortable with banning people they know then they shouldn't be a mod or accept the position, simple really.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

but who is he? are we sure he isn't one of us under an assumed name or even Hugh Brady for that matter?

i think the next mod whoever he/she is should be subject to a trial period of some sort. that would stop any bitchiness or anything escalating and causing a problem down the line when (no doubt) this forum gets even bigger.

also randomly injecting 10^7 votes into the mod poll was just not funny - i was quite interested to see how it would really turn out.

is truckle staying on in all his intermitent glory?

peachy should do an IP check on everyone to see who it is and it would be easy enough cause he has been around only as long as some of us so there is only a few ppl to compare with!!!

Red Alert wrote:
    but who is he? are we sure he isn't one of us under an assumed name or even Hugh Brady for that matter?

I think it's you Peadar! ;) Steph didn't say if it was a he or she though but didn't someone say Dan Hayden has an account here? :)

Just a wild thought, Pighead isn't planning on studying in UCD next year is he? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

panda100 wrote:
    Well dont read it then...Also if ucd boards people really hate the su threads so much (even though they get the most views and comments etc etc) then why do they bother reading them...Im staying away from the spam thread cos it bores me and the hottest girl eva ones that appear regularly on AH....This Is a PUBLIC forum...we are never going to get everyone agreeing on whats a good thread or not so dont complain if you dont like one of the threads.....just dont read it!!

eewww someone's got a bee in her bonnet.
    <--- look over there deary, I got the job of reading all threads I suspect as dodgey, whither I want to or not :rolleyes:
    btw, I'd say you fly off the handle waaay to fast to be a mod on this site.

I'll send Daddy Cloud a PM with my suggests now though.
    Any of the other contenders have a final word before I do?

as for you tintinr35, humbert and Zane you lilly livered sissys
    bite my shiney metal ass :p

Beruthiel wrote:
    eewww someone's got a bee in her bonnet.
    <--- look over there deary, I got the job of reading all threads I suspect as dodgey, whither I want to or not :rolleyes:
    btw, I'd say you fly off the handle waaay to fast to be a mod on this site.

I totally agree,i make a crappy mod....I fly off the handle way to easily..actually I might go over to you in PI with that one.........:D

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    as for you tintinr35, humbert and Zane you lilly livered sissys
    bite my shiney metal ass :p

*bites* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Beruthiel wrote:
    this thread sucks
    Agreed, the decision is up to peachy, truckle, and them there people with gold stars. Talking about it won't make the slightest bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

If I place a bet and then appoint who I bet on, is that cheating? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Moriarty for president!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If it's still to be decided i'd like to see RK or IrlRobins.

and no i'm not Mr. Nice Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Robin's leaving in a few months so it won't be him. I reckon it will definitely be someone "old skool", so my money's still on Red Alert with Rainbow Kirby a strong second. Also has anyone noticed Humbert managing to keep a low profile in all this!

blondie83 wrote:
    Also has anyone noticed Humbert managing to keep a low profile in all this!
    Not really, I'd be the worst mod ever, though if I was, personal abuse'd be ok as long as it was funny, threads wouldn't have to stay on topic but personal conversations appearing wouldn't be tolerated, and su threads and sanctimonious self-righteous posts would result in permanent bannage. Yep the worst mod ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

humbert for mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea RA would be a strong contender for me. But since Peachy and Truckle have said they have spoken to the person in question already and RA says it not him I think we have to look else where.

But thanks for all the votes! Surprised me a bit. Espec since so few of you knew who the hell I was at the bum shaving. :p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Cloud wrote:
    If I place a bet and then appoint who I bet on, is that cheating? :)
    If I offer you even money would that be considered a bribe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement