Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odds on the Mods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

So the Mod is chosen? Id say its seb. Hes been very quiet on all this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Grimes wrote:
    So the Mod is chosen? Id say its seb. Hes been very quiet on all this
    That would be because Seb is serving a weeks' ban...

The more I think about it, the more Grimes seems likely though! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Seb's currently banned by request :)

Edit:Beaten by ss :(

The more I think about it, the more Grimes seems likely though! :p

Ha yeah right. Like i'd be given free reign to let ya'll have fun . We all know Truckle isnt my number one fan :p . Anyway it seems like alot of work for the privilage of banning people. (id still ban ya'll, even the one(s) im sleeping with :D ) . Thats what so great about the archaeology forum, no traffic = no crap to deal with.

Still think its seb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure about it being Seb, given that he *is* part of the DoLC crowd, and also given that he's in final year. Not sure who else it could be though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Why is nobody giving any creedance to my Blush suggestion? I think it's highly likely.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Is blush finishing up this year? Other than that she's been unusually quiet in the last day or so. You could be right.

She'd be a good mod, but she has got caught up in a few rows in the past while with various people. We shall see...

Could be Blush actually. Isnt she in third year?

But then again there is not one poster who has an unblemished record as the Mods ideal poster (ie no fights, bad comments or spam)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

*coughs*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Grimes wrote:
    (ie no fights, bad comments or spam)
    I think i fail in the last requirement there....

• Advertisement

I *think* she said something about doing an MA did she not?
    Mmmm......It'd be my outsider guess if we're wrong as Peachy says we are about the ones who are getting the most votes.

bah humbug.. its not that big a deal . A mod is a mod I guess. They are still people they just have pretty letters under their avatar. Anyway why hasnt the chosen Mod been anounced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Grimes wrote:
    (ie no fights, bad comments or spam)
    I think I fail in all 3.......I'd be a great mod - sexual favours to reverse a banning! *promptly bans all attractive boardsies*

Blush is a bit volitile for a mod but then again we have whitewashman.
    My money is on joint Scraggs-Humbert team

I'd be a great mod - sexual favours to reverse a banning!

*shudder

My money is on joint Scraggs-Humbert team
    She could be the pretty face and I could be the iron fist, perfect, and with a heterosexual team there'd be sexual favours all round!!

Grimes wrote:
    *shudder

don't worry he's only banning attractive boardsies :D

zing:D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My money's still on Sangre. I couldn't think of a better person to get rid of spam. I don't think he'd have too much trouble with unfair bans either, he's sensible enough not to put himself in a position where he could lose his modship.

Blush could be good too, although I haven't really come across her too much.

On the other hand, TheVan could be good, stern but fair.

Grimes wouldn't really work out because of the whole banning your mates thing.

It could just be Truckle on his own either. I could see that happening.

I suppose it's all just speculative and moot at this point because the mod has already been chosen.

Grimes wouldn't really work out because of the whole banning your mates thing.

by the looks of it I dont have any mates on boards..

and for the record Truckle isnt on the forum enough to Moderate it himself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the ppl who have posted least on this thread are possible, which means blush and scraggs (v. unusual for her to be so quiet) are strong contenders,

• Advertisement

its not scraggs so that leaves Blush as the strongest contender .

The Van is being very quite on the the thread, though, and I'd think he'd be one of the "quieter" ones on the forum from my end anyway. Could be him.

I dunno. That must be the fifth person I've suggested. I'm giving up this lark. Going around in circles tbh...

**edit: ok, whoever the hell keeps voting for me, enough of that. Flattered and all, but... come on! I'm Senor Spammerifico (much to my own lament at this stage...)! As if...

again I dont understand why it hasnt been announced if it has been decided already. And its blatantly not sangre.

IIRC the mod's taking over on the 22nd. So that's why it hasn't been announced. Peachy's still mod til then, I think.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Grimes wrote:
    again I dont understand why it hasnt been announced if it has been decided already. And its blatantly not sangre.
    Surprise is the greatest form of attack.

Peachy finishes on the 22nd, ss ;)

Edit: Strangeness - I posted after singingstranger, but my post appears before his.

Surprise is the greatest form of attack.
    [aside]I thought surely a H-Bomb, a few thousand paratroopers, an infinite arsenal of ammo and a backup squad of pirate ninjas would surely be the best form of attack...[/aside]

Anyway, if it's the 22nd, then either Peachy finishes her exams then, or the new mod does...

/me goes back to check the Post-Exam Beers thread to see who's finished on the 22nd

[aside]I thought surely a H-Bomb, a few thousand paratroopers, an infinite arsenal of ammo and a backup squad of pirate ninjas would surely be the best form of attack...[/aside]

Anyway, if it's the 22nd, then either Peachy finishes her exams then, or the new mod does...

/me goes back to check the Post-Exam Beers thread to see who's finished on the 22nd

Aren't you a clever one!
    I suspected as much *nods as if to say 'as i suspected'*

Actually thinking about it I would have no problem banning any of you.

• Advertisement

part of the DoLC crowd

Actually on this point, there isnt really a DoLC "crowd" who hang around as such. People do hang out there but it is very rare there are more than 2 boardsies there at a time and usually part of a much bigger non boards related group . I dont see then why somone smokes in a certain place they become part of this "group" and not eligible for a moderators position. I have only met most of you once if at all for example (with the exception of Scraggs and Pretty*Monster)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement