Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odds on the Mods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Cloud wrote:
    If I place a bet and then appoint who I bet on, is that cheating? :)

ooooo aaaaaaa the almighty cloud has graced our humble forum with his presence.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

He doesn't like that tone....banned!! Getting practice in! *

* again, not true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

TheVan wrote:
    He doesn't like that tone....banned!! Getting practice in! *

Looking more likely.

My Money Is on The Van , Blush_01 and Hullaballoo (sigh)

Fingers crossed for the Van to save the forum from what it might become under the other two .

in case mods sees offense in this im not trying to offend anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I just hope the new mod won't turn a blind eye to personal sh!t or trolling like has been done now.

Why is it Zane that you are so quick to give out yet not so quick to use the report post function? REPORT. POST. FUNCTION.

I am currently sitting my finals and as such haven't had time to read every single post on this forum. If you report it it'll be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

People whining from both sides, poor peachy, I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time!

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote:
    also randomly injecting 10^7 votes into the mod poll was just not funny - i was quite interested to see how it would really turn out.

And for the record....that wasn't me.

No other vote has been touched from what I can see so if you had ignored the Moriarty vote you can see how the poll turned out. I've removed it now anyway.

Personally, judging from the quality of the posting (mine especially!...I must actually find something useful to say! :D ) this thread has run its course.......peachy will reveal all I'm sure when she's good and ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

TheVan wrote:
    peachy will reveal all I'm sure when she's good and ready!

Keep your filthy mind to yourself, matey.

I'm surprised Pythia got so many votes. What has she done to deserve being a mod? (No offence, Pythia)

Indeed. We haven't approached the admins yet but I'm pretty sure (hope) it won't be a problem.

I honestly don't think it will be a problem for anyone on the forum either but I'm not going to mention the name yet because it hasn't been made official and sure anything could happen in the mean-time.

I honestly don't think it will be a problem for anyone on the forum

Would it matter :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    Would it matter :D:D:D:D

Of course it would. I'm not trying to screw people over here :rolleyes: I've spent a lot of time on this forum and I've enjoyed it and I hate to see it going the way it is. I think the new mod is just whats needed to get it back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'm surprised Pythia got so many votes. What has she done to deserve being a mod? (No offence, Pythia)
    Well one of those votes is from herself. I bet the other 7 are from duplicate accounts she set up herself. :p

*stirs the shit*

*sigh*

I reckon this'll be locked tonight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Mr Nice Guy will come out of the woodwork too i suspect - i've a strong feeling it's going to be him now.

I think we should have had some debate on this - from what i can see it seems that it's been a done deal before we all even began discussing it. :eek:

Who I'd like to get the modship:
    Irlrobins - Says it's not him so I believe him.
    Blondie83 - She knows the UCD forum but is removed from it enough to hand out bans. She was also suggested for the new mod post last time too and a load of people recommended her.
    Rainbow Kirby - Do we know if she's got it or not?
    Vainglory - possible if she's staying back. able to hold her ground, would be an interesting time!
    Pythia - well able to deal with messers on this board, possibly not here long enough and has had a few SU-related spats.
    Pretty_monster - see Pythia

Who I think will get the modship:
    Blush_01 - hasn't said it's *not* her yet.
    Rainbow Kirby - see above

The Zane meister anyone? Wouldn't say no.

Red Alert, everyone is going to have a different opinion on this. Myself and Truckle discussed it and we figured that this person would be best for the job.

I agree that Blondie would have made a good mod but she's no longer in UCD and surely it would be better to have a student who is currently attending the college?

Actually you know what...I'm sick of this. I'll PM Cloud now and see what he thinks and get it swapped as soon as possible.

Actually you know what...I'm sick of this.
    It's moment's like this when I don't envy what the mods do.

Peachypants and Truckle, thanks once again!

The queen is dead! Long live the king!

Congrats Hullaballoo. You'll be busy!

PM has been sent and we have asked for Hullaballoo to be made mod. Hopefully Cloud will get a chance to do it soon.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

But, but, he's a spell czech:) Long live Hullaballoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

irlrobins wrote:
    Congrats Hullaballoo. You'll be busy!

Indeed. Shouldn't that be commiserations having to deal with us lot? ;)

Anyway good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Congratulations Hullaballoo I think you'll do an excellent job!

Now for your first task the forum charter needs updating :)!

Was tipped as strong contender by me however.

Edit: ok what's with all the ghost posting! agh!

And yes they were right, hullaballo didn't make it in to the poll at all... interesting.

Probably two servers, not time synced and doing the timestamp in PHP not SQL.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Lol, I just posted that here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054930279.

That probably means that it's been answered before.

Ghost posting has happened a fair bit since the last upgrade. But after today's minor outage seems to be more widespread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Cool..am quite pleased with that decision...he's a decent chap and will definaly do a good job.

As I said before its peachy who has made this boards what it is,there wasnt hjave as much activity on this forum last year or the year before and now theres loads...so congrats peachy.
    Im sorry if I made your mod life tough:o

the future of Grimes suddenly seems uncertain. Hullbabully I look forward to seeing where this takes us :D

panda100 wrote:
    Im sorry if I made your mod life tough:o

i say the same myself.

• Advertisement

Ah Grimey.....hiding from your earlier comments?!!

Don't worry, if you want I can bump him off.....could feed him spam until he explodes!

Congrats Hull....you are my hero!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement