Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat + VAG-COM

Options
  • 10-05-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Folks ,

I recently a USB KKL VAG_COM cable from buy and sell shops for my passat as I have a flashing heater coil and engine diag lights .

I have downloaded Vag-Com Software. versions 311.2 and 409.1 and the vendor of the cable supplied the relavent usb driver but the problem is that each time I run the ross-tech vag com software it give me an error saying not genuine ross - tech cable .

Is there anyone out there who can shed some light on this or who has the right drivers and
    software so as I can for once and all find out whats causing the diag problems and dont have to pay a VW dealer over the odds to hook the car up and tell me sweet F all is wrong with the car ( as its running as normal now )

Many thanks

Trevor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

there's a vag-com user group on yahoo groups somehwere. It'd be a better place to ask than here. Also try www.tdiclub.com or www.vwvortex.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Use 409.1 and select com port 1 instead of USB. It will work fine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Thanks VeVeX / murphaph ,

Turns out there must have been some compatibility issue between both my laptop and desktop and the 0BD2 KKL cable , as when I tried It with my bro's laptop all worked fine 1st time off .

Pb turned out to be an intermittent fault an engine coolant temp sensor !

Advertisement