Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Apartment in Maynooth (June 2006)

Options
  • 10-05-2006 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi folks,

I'm going to move over to Maynooth in mid June 2006. It would be great if someone who know the situation in Maynooth could help me a bit in looking for nice accommodation.

I would like to rent 2 bedroom apartment in quite surroundings. I was considering some apartments in new developments, but the main issue is that I don't know where are they located. I just don't know the names of estates and neighbourhoods in Maynooth :confused:

Could you describe me in which part of town are following:
    THE GROVE, STRAFFAN WOOD
    THE COURTYARD, DOWDSTOWN
    LYREEN MANOR
    MOYGLARE HALL

Could anybody list any names of estate agents operating in Maynooth? So far I've found that the greatest one is Coonan form Main St.

Thanks a lot for help,
    NN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

daft.ie would be a good site to check out, quite a few ads there for property in the area. Went to college in Maynooth myself, now working in Dublin, still living in Maynooth.

Re the developments:

Straffan Wood - new development, on the road out of Maynooth, v near the motorway. Never been into it, don't know much about it, gather there's a lot of houses coming on stream there at the moment - quite a few ads on daft.ie for places there, some of them will have photos and such. Keep in mind, if you're on foot, it'll be a fair walk from here to the middle of the town, I'd take a guess at at least 15min or so, it's some ways out.

The Courtyard - far as I know, these apts are actually located around a mile outside Maynooth, beside the Straffan Court Hotel. Don't know much more than that. Obviously not really an option if you don't have your own transport.

Lyreen Manor - nice piece of work here, this is the a new apt complex right in the centre of Maynooth, the complex is on top of the new Manor Mills shopping centre. Been in and around this one, very nice place, apts are impressive (2-beds and 3-bed penthouses). Complex is raised some height above the road (it's literally built over the shopping centre), views over Maynooth are pretty impressive from most parts of it, should also keep some isolation from noise and such. Will in fact be moving in here myself shortly, yet to see how it works out in practise, but quite impressed so far. I'd definitely take a look at this one, there are still several units for rent, far as I know. Convienence factor is obvisouly very high here, you've basically got a 24 hour Dunnes Stores in your basement, near pubs, other shops, etc.

Moyglare Hall - not sure which set of apts this is exactly, I actually live in the Moyglare area myself at the moment, I think it's a new small block of apts being built along the Moyglare Road, just past the University entrance, reasonably close to the town, nice enough area, can't speak for the apts themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

NoizeNoize wrote:
    I would like to rent 2 bedroom apartment in quite surroundings. I was considering some apartments in new developments, but the main issue is that I don't know where are they located. I just don't know the names of estates and neighbourhoods in Maynooth :confused:

Could you describe me in which part of town are following:

THE COURTYARD, DOWDSTOWN

Could anybody list any names of estate agents operating in Maynooth? So far I've found that the greatest one is Coonan form Main St.

Thanks a lot for help,
    NN
    NN,

My company is currently renting a 2 bed apt in the Courtyard, Dowdstown and the lease will expire end of June and it will probably go back on the market.

We acquired it through Coonans in Maynooth.

It is located in the grounds of the Straffan Court Hotel, 500yds from the Maynooth exit of the M4 on the road to Naas.

There are 21 apts in the complex and as far as I know they are all owned by the same person. Rent I think is €900/month. Apt is ok, very quiet area, 2 min walk to the front door of the hotel but far enough away to be quiet. Seems like just mostly professionals living there.

Can't give you any info on the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NoizeNoize

Thanks a lot for replies! I'll take a closer look at Lyreen Manor. My wife likes the pictures of these apartments on http://Daft.ie very much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

NoizeNoize wrote:
    Thanks a lot for replies! I'll take a closer look at Lyreen Manor. My wife likes the pictures of these apartments on http://Daft.ie very much :rolleyes:

Yep, those apts are nice, the promo shots there are pretty representative of how they really look, though obviously they vary somewhat in terms of size and layout, the one I was in was reasonably spacious for a 2-bed. The complex itself is well put together too, no photos around as far as I've seen, it's pretty decent looking. Quite high up, the "ground level" around the complex is 40-50ft or so above road level, nice view either over the town or parts of the old University campus and the castle. Usual bits of landscaping and benches and such around it (which is private access). Some of the penthouses in the front in particular must have very impressive views over the town. Apts are well lit too, a lot of them are dual aspect far as I know, they have balconies of various sizes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

NoizeNoize wrote:
    Never trust the promo photos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

I worked on the construction of lyreen manor and although you have good access to the village the apartment bedrooms r very small even in the penthouses. The quality of the materials used in the construction is also very poor and you might not get a parking spot as these were sold separate.

Thank you very much for the advice. I think I need to look it closer when I fly over to Ireland in June. I would appreciate if you had any other hints about renting an apartmentin Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Used to live directly accross from where Lyreen Manor is now. Perfect location. Couldn't recommend it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realise that a lot of the rented houses in Maynooth are used by students. While it may be quiet in the summer, the rest of the year might be a lot louder.

2 bed apts go fast in Maynooth so don't sit on your laurels too long when you're looking...you'll find they rent out quickly

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:
    2 bed apts go fast in Maynooth so don't sit on your laurels too long when you're looking...you'll find they rent out quickly

I wish I could rent it already. In fact I'm still in Poland right now and will fly over to Maynooth next month. It's hard to rent apartment remotely :)

NoizeNoize wrote:
    I wish I could rent it already. In fact I'm still in Poland right now and will fly over to Maynooth next month. It's hard to rent apartment remotely :)
    although they rent quickly there is plenty availability. Do not worry, you will get something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement