Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elevate Returns 20th may - Old skool Dance and Trance Classics

• 10-05-2006 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

karl-elevate2-1brikfin.jpg

Tired of boring same old nights out in Dublin?
    Tired of clubs with no atmosphere?

Elevate returns to the Belvedere Hotel Saturday 20th May for a night of its reknowned dance classics.

After recent nights such as Altern8, John O'Callaghan as well as Ministry's free relaunch party- we're back with another belter!
    Let the Ministry FM crew take you on a trip down memory lane with 5 hours of classic tunes to blow you away.
    Elevate has become one of the best nights out in Dublin and promises to be money well spent. Admission is just €5 and doors will open at 10pm.

DJ's on the night will be:
    Super D with his unique blend of dance classics- mixed with some of todays classics to be.
    Mick Masterson will be banging out your favorite Irish classics from the likes of Sound Crowd, Liquid Wheel and also the usual Sides/Asylum stompers!!
    Mo Kennedy will be starting the night with a warm up set of some of the biggest Old Skool anthems from the past decade.

Remember to arrive early to avoid disappointment as the Belvedere Hotel has a limited capacity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Hav Da Lads Learned How 2 Mix Yet ? I Was At A Few & Sum Of Da Djs
    Cant Mix & In Fairness They Play Sum Gud Tunes But Not Really Asylum
    Classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

DUB1 wrote:
    Hav Da Lads Learned How 2 Mix Yet ? I Was At A Few & Sum Of Da Djs
    Cant Mix & In Fairness They Play Sum Gud Tunes But Not Really Asylum
    Classics

These sort of comments are not welcome,and can you type in English and not text speak :rolleyes: €5 sounds good to me,think i might go to this instead of the Friday nite @ The Belvedere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Cheers jonny, there's no need to have a go mate.
    €5 is a very small price to pay.
    In my opinion the elevate nights have a fantastic atmosphere, i'm sure jonny you will agree from the Altern8 gig :D
    In fairness its the people and the tunes that make Elevate what it is, and the lads play some stomping tunes :)

Lads and ladies tune into ministry fm all this week for ticket give aways!!
    See www.ministryfm.com for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

sounds good shall see you there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pogothemonkey

if i wanted to listen to my mp3's id stick on my ipod;)

classics my hole...what a joke of a thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

if i wanted to listen to my mp3's id stick on my ipod;)

classics my hole...what a joke of a thread
    lol i know wat u mean m8 i was at da pressure nite & i heared them play a few of da tunes i u/l on da site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭manufan

Fair play to the guys who got Elevate up and running. Its a good night especially for those of us who remember the old days. I have to say though that i'm not mad about the venue. Its more of a small function room than a proper dance venue.

Still, i wouldn't knock you guys who organise the nights. There isn't enough of them around the city but they are slowly but surely making a comeback.

Looks like myself and some mates will be heading to this tonite looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

wish i was old enough back to fully understand i reckon i missed out big time. i use to hear the adds on the radio all the time wishing i could go. then going through town late at night looking at the spot lights on top of the ormond id say them were the days

• Advertisement

cya there jonny ;)

topdog8 wrote:
    wish i was old enough back to fully understand i reckon i missed out big time. i use to hear the adds on the radio all the time wishing i could go. then going through town late at night looking at the spot lights on top of the ormond id say them were the days

They certainly were the days mate,i was obsessed with the whole scene for years and years,to a certain extent i still am but im too old to go out raving all the time now..the Ormond Multimedia Centre was a legendary club i went there every week for years and i could count on 1 hand the amount of bad nites i had,met some great people over the years,used to know all the bouncers as well ;)

Anyway another good nite last nite respect to the elevate crew for putting this on,free in before 11pm and only a fiver afterwards is the business,suprised there wasn't a bigger crowd but was a good session and atmosphere and some quality tunes being played,good to meet CTRob again as ever :)

Advertisement