Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Snapped Aerial on Car

Options
  • 10-05-2006 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi,

I very stupidly forgot to put the aerial down on my car when I went through a car wash. It obviously broke but didn't completely snap..

Has anyone any ideas how big a job it is & how much it costs to get this replaced??

The car is an '00 Almera GX 4 door btw..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I did the same on my car. Man did I feel stupid :o :rolleyes:
    AFAICR a new one cost about €50. It was easy to put in. There was a kind of rubber washer/grommet affair that needed some gentle treatment to ensure a good waterproof seal but it wasn't too difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is your car black? I just got a new sharkfin arial for my car but it doesn't fit and I'm selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Cheers..

Guess i'll have 2 bite the bullet and get it done next time its due a service..

€55 for a car wash tho.. not good for my rage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

sorry dude, the car ain't black and the aerial is located on the very top right of the roof so doubt a sharkfin aerial would fit..

cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it an old shape Almera. Don't they have the aeriel in the A pillar, on the drivers side? if so, it should be cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 steve04

Hi,
    I also had a bad run in with a car wash this evening, aerial is snapped but not broken off. Car is a '97 Almera GX 4 door. Aerial is on the drivers side just as described in this thread. Does anyone know the best way to replace this? And can i replace it myself or does it require more than just screwdriver and a bit of cop on?

RCS,
    what did you do to replace your aerial and how much did it cost?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

what kind of aerial is it?

i had mine off a focus stolen, it was a screw in one and only cost 15 quid to replace, 50 quid seems a bit steep for an aerial?

is it a retracable one or something?

Advertisement