Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT,Legal Action against me !!

• 10-05-2006 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

They have really exceeded themselves this time, I have not received a bill in 18 months, today I received a letter from a solicitor taking me to court unless I pay my bill, Bill....Bill...What bill ? I am going to counter sue them Buckin bankers for undue stress, Jesus I hate them.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

As long as you have proof that you tried to pay them off on multiple occasions then your fine.

If on the other hand you just stood back....thinking that their BB was free then I think your in trouble.

Any solicitors here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Well how can he pay without a bill?? Say you rang loads of times, nothing more you could have done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sponge Bob will be along in a minute to tell you that a company can't employ a practicing solicitor. Please calm down and explain your issue clearly and concisely, that way we'll be better able to help you deal with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

did you sign up for online billing which means no paper bill ?

did you log in to view these bills ...ever ???

who signed that letter from BT , (their first name only )

how did they sign themselves exactly ?

any mention of a company called Intrum Justitia

and you know as much ...or more... about the 'passing off' of the soliciting profession as I do Ken :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Do BT send actual bills by post? or are you saying that you've not received any email bills?
    Check your account details to make sure you specified the correct email address for receiving bills. When I first joined UTVip, I missed the first bill because it was sent to my account's default utv email address (even though I used a different email address when signing up).
    Do you use your BT email address? If not, maybe your bills were sent to that address.

• Advertisement

they are not emailed but online, you must log into their website (middle of home page so do not ask) and then you can print them out from there, if you registered and then forgot your username on the BT site you may look forward to fun fun fun as they try to find out what it is and send a password or reset a password for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

Who is the company that you mentioned below " Intrum Justitia " ????

Sponge Bob wrote:
    did you sign up for online billing which means no paper bill ?

did you log in to view these bills ...ever ???

who signed that letter from BT , (their first name only )

how did they sign themselves exactly ?

any mention of a company called Intrum Justitia

and you know as much ...or more... about the 'passing off' of the soliciting profession as I do Ken :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

techie wrote:
    Who is the company that you mentioned below " Intrum Justitia " ????
    A big debt collection/factoring firm.

A big debt collection/factoring firm.

with all the charm of a freshly minted turd and they really believe that BT billing is totally accurate and that you do owe what BT sent off to them

you see Mark does owe 18 month of DSL does he not !

the problem here is they never ask nicely in writing ...not ever , not even once.

dipsticks

They don't use my old chums in Legal & Debt Management any more then? Came across that old nugget when tidying up my docs the other day, it brought a tear of nostalgia to my eye.

I suppose when you're talking that kind of scale...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

I just hate them, I really do, no bills ,No Cs, No backup whatsovever, ***kers
    See u in court....**ckers:mad:

see who in court???

did they get paid for 18 months BB ?

see 'the letter' here

www.btirelandsucks.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I doubt they'll win in Court if you can tell the Judge how for 18 months you availed of a service and didn't reasonably conclude you should be paying for it or else question why you didn't get a bill. Once the Judge sees your logic he'll kick BT out of his court room.

what logic, me and Ken have been trying to drag logic out of him for ages !!!!

logic will defeat the beast , thats for sure :p

Oh ! Forgot to mention, I owe them 2787.78 for 18 months servive that I signed up at 39.99 per month which means 719.82 is due. Send me a a bill I will Pay. Anyone fancy a sambo in the lord edward at lunchtime ?:mad:

thats a bit logical and a start, now who signed the bloody letter ?

does it look like this

bt-ireland-1.png

Sponge Bob wrote:
    thats a bit logical and a start, now who signed the bloody letter ?

Came from a fitzgerald and chambers co. in longford !!! signed by a lovely man called eoin doyle

Post your bills here, this is good, I will print them all off and go to BT HQ myself with them, I need ammo...... I need stupid bills, with no logic to them...M

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MarinoMark wrote:
    Post your bills here, this is good, I will print them all off and go to BT HQ myself with them, I need ammo...... I need stupid bills, with no logic to them...M

Could you begin at the beginning?

Did you sign a direct debit for them or give them a cc number?

Did you sign up for on line billing?

Have you ever had any written communication from them before now in respect of outstanding amounts?

Have you ever requested a bill and if so how? (If you have not requested a bill why not? In anticipation of the judge's question:) )

And a general question for the rest of the readers - if MM feels that approx 720 is the correct figure is there any point in paying that now?

And I am curious to see what readers would recommend in terms of replying to the letter from the Solicitor.

dub45 wrote:
    Could you begin at the beginning?

Did you sign a direct debit for them or give them a cc number?

Did you sign up for on line billing?

Have you ever had any written communication from them before now in respect of outstanding amounts?

Have you ever requested a bill and if so how? (If you have not requested a bill why not? In anticipation of the judge's question:) )

And a general question for the rest of the readers - if MM feels that approx 720 is the correct figure is there any point in paying that now?

And I am curious to see what readers would recommend in terms of replying to the letter from the Solicitor.
    Q1..They would bill me direct
    Q2 No
    Q3 no
    Q4 a million times
    Q5 No

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MarinoMark wrote:
    Q1..They would bill me direct
    Q2 No
    Q3 no
    Q4 a million times
    Q5 No

Q1 do you mean you signed a direct debit mandate or you expected a regular invoice which you would then pay?

Q4 How did you request a bill? Have you any proof?

Have you ever checked to see if there is a bill online for you?

unlike the specimen I posted in earlier you appear to have gotten a proper solicitors letter MarinoMark.

a) My advice is to find a way of paying what you owe them anyway, sort that.

b) do a data protection request to BT on 'your' file as well. Your defence on the balance will be that the information on their computer is _obviously_ incorrect.

once you do a) and b) then come in here for advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

MarinoMark wrote:
    Came from a fitzgerald and chambers co. in longford !!! signed by a lovely man called eoin doyle

According to the law society theres no such solicitors...sounds like you're telling porkies....;)

Perhaps BT are cutting costs and using Accountants and Auctioneers to make their legal threats these days? Sure and begorrah they both begin with A, and that fleet of solicitors must really be adding up at this stage!

Sizzler wrote:
    According to the law society theres no such solicitors...sounds like you're telling porkies....;)

Well I have the letter !! I dont need to tell porkies about BT, search the boards !!

why does a search for fitzgerald in businesses in longford produce nothing bar an unrelated 'Fitzgerald & Something' ...else ?

start

http://www.eircom.ie/phonebook/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

MarinoMark wrote:
    Well I have the letter !! I dont need to tell porkies about BT, search the boards !!
    You know until you replied to defend yourself, I had read Sizler's post as 'perhaps they're telling porkies'. Maybe this company is falsely claiming to be solicitors, which is surely illegal. You should forward a copy of the letter to the Law Society and let them know someone is pretending to be a solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

MarinoMark wrote:
    They have really exceeded themselves this time, I have not received a bill in 18 months, today I received a letter from a solicitor taking me to court unless I pay my bill, Bill....Bill...What bill ? I am going to counter sue them Buckin bankers for undue stress, Jesus I hate them.:mad: :mad: :mad:

if someone used my services for 18 months and made little or no effort to pay for it i'd be sending them solicitors letters too.......18 months you didn't pay a cent for your broadband and you then go ranting about receiving a solicitors letter....you have to see you were taking the piss......all you had to do was pick up the phone and arrange payment for what you owe..:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

MarinoMark wrote:
    Q4 a million times

I think he has already requested bills be sent out.

In hindsight now, I think BT done me a favour by not taking me onboard, by saying I was a liability due to being in rented accomodation. For that, I thank you, BT!

If I had been signed up, it would've meant BT would have been a liability to me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

Gryzor wrote:
    .....all you had to do was pick up the phone and arrange payment for what you owe..:rolleyes:

Try it some time...no, seriously...try picking up the phone to BT and "arrange to pay what you owe"

Firstly you would have to find out how much you owe, yes?

Then you'd have to get a bill confirming how much you owe so they wont come after you for non payment of monies you DONT owe....

This may sound like a simple matter to you, someone whom is obviously not a member of the BT Billing Society, (or BT B S)

Let me tell you as someone who has experience in this affair.....what you are suggesting is impossible.

I have had 8 months, 5 incorrect bills, 22 emails to complaints, 17 calls to customer service.....besides breaking into BT and fixing the account myself, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed...

/edited/ stupid comment aimed at cgarvey, which wasnt called for....nh

Nh

Advertisement