Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT,Legal Action against me !!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

But you know what you owe them surely? So you know what to set aside. You were happy enough to use the service, at the price you agreed to at the start. Agreed, it's not as simple to get bills, but if you know what you owe, then you should be setting that aside, and not be up that creek with no paddle when they come demanding what you owe them.

Yes, of course they should issue bills, make their online billing system work (to save both sides money), and leave out the solicitor threats until they've tried themselves, but the fact still remains you signed up for the service, you knew the costs involved, you continued to use the service despite the billing problems (which will be significant in any legal avenues either side may choose), you owe them the money.

You're right to be annoyed, and you sig is dead on too, but at the end of the day you owe them money, just don't lose sight of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

cgarvey wrote:
    .....Agreed, it's not as simple to get bills, but if you know what you owe, then you should be setting that aside, and not be up that creek with no paddle when they come demanding what you owe them......

I think your mixing me up with another poster. My troubles are with incorrect bills, not with not having the bucks when they come acallin....

I simply refused to pay them anything until my account reflects my package. ie I have 20euro broadband, thats what I want my account to say, so there can be no misunderstanding, and I dont have to spend hours on the phone every billing period reciting the same story to clueless csr's....

I only owe them 140 euro ffs, i dont give a crap about the money.

All I want is the account straightened out in case I dump them, and start getting dodgy accountant/solictors/auctioneers letters, or whatever they are passing as legal documents nowadays.....

Roll on the day when we can switch broadband providers as easily as mobile providers, lets see the jump in cust service levels then......

Someone gimmie an AMEN !

Nh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I think your mixing me up with another poster.

I am! My post was meant for OP, sorry. Your signature is still right though!
    Roll on the day when we can switch broadband providers as easily as mobile providers, lets see the jump in cust service levels then......

BINGO! Oh I'll AMEN to that for sure. It's the simple things like that, that will make all the difference. ComReg (despite having a Consumar Advisory panel), no more have the consumer in mind than eircom's McRedmond himself. Your idea (well it's not yours originally ;) ) and other simple things like saying to eircom "you don't own the telephone numbers, so you can't refuse to port them to Smart/Magnet/LLU".. the simple things. We're not talking changing laws, holding tribunals, etc.

AMEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Someone gimmie an AMEN !

Nh

I'll sure as hell Amen that too !!!

Advertisement