Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pink shoes

• 10-05-2006 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

I'm looking for a pair of cerise pink/ cherry pink shoes or strappy sandals to match up with a dress, for a wedding in July. I have searched Dublin, Cork and Limerick to no avail at this stage. :( The shops are full of dull colours, blacks and browns and very little summer colours. I know it's impossible to describe the colour, but I decided to try this for any suggestions.

Dyeing shoes isn't an option, I've already looked into this and it's not possible to get them dyed in the colour I want.

A matching bag would be a bonus, but I'll start with the basics first......Oh I'm in Cork.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

try on the net perhaps...tried the schuh website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

River Island have two pairs of lovely pink shoes [I own both!!]
    Sandals and pumps btw..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i saw nice pink sandals in next the other day. i think they had a wedge heel, cant remember exactly but might be worth a look :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Thanks guys, I've looked in a good few River Islands and haven't seen the pink sandals. Did you buy them very recently? I looked at schuh.ie but any of the pink shoes are patent and just not my style, and I've seen the pink wedges in Next, they are lovely, but the colour isn't right but there definetly the best i have seen. Did see a gorgeous pair in Faith, perfect match, but 6 was too small and 7 was too big!!!! Maybe I'm just too particular but there's just so little out there. Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Try Clark's? They have an ad running atm that shows pink wedge sandal shoes (if I remember correctly) and a matching bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Thanks guys, I've looked in a good few River Islands and haven't seen the pink sandals. Did you buy them very recently? I looked at schuh.ie but any of the pink shoes are patent and just not my style, and I've seen the pink wedges in Next, they are lovely, but the colour isn't right but there definetly the best i have seen. Did see a gorgeous pair in Faith, perfect match, but 6 was too small and 7 was too big!!!! Maybe I'm just too particular but there's just so little out there. Cheers guys
    Try Nine West they usually have a good selection. I too am a size 6 and sometimes their 6 is too small and while the 7 is a little too big if you buy heel grips they fit fine. The Party Feet range of stuff now do grips for sling backs so if you need them you should be good to go. Also try Audley Shoes, Arnotts sell them and they are fab but if you can't get to Arnotts try getting them on line, same with Nine West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Hey Bluebanana, since you have until July, thats loads of time, why not try www.ebay.ie ?

You might find a serious bargain and maybe a handbag too. Good Luck chick!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Go to Hickeys... select a length of fabric that best matches the dress and a plain pair of shoes and take them to a seamstress or shoe maker/repair shop and they should be able to sort you out with a satisfactory pair of shoes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

They have pink shoes on www.familyalbum.ie if you don't see any you like though why not get a silver pair instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 *Super*Star*

I got the coolest pink glitter shoes in New Look, for only €30!!!
    I also saw a really gorgeous pair in Office for €80 and a shiny pink pair in Shuh for €70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Thanks for all the suggestions, looked into all of your ideas and finally found the perfect colour wedges in Oasis the other, I think they are just new in, in the last week. They're killers to walk in but hey the things we do for fashion. Thanks again

Advertisement