Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is evryone off?

Options
  • 10-05-2006 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

As the title says, when is everyone getting off from school, to study? In my school we're getting off on wednesday. Hard to believe only one day of school left!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

awh its times like these i wish i didnt do ty and was doin my l.c now...seems like ive been in school for a lifetime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

shane0312 wrote:
    As the title says, when is everyone getting off from school, to study? In my school we're getting off on wednesday. Hard to believe only one day of school left!:eek:

but today is wednesday

we're of the 24th
    our 6th year party is fancy dress
    oh yeah

im a cowboy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

off next wednesday thank god!:D then sadly the real works gonna have to start:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Next Wednesday too. Oh good god there's much work to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Today in three weeks time... Wow, much later than everybody else. A lot will wonder off before then for study leave, but I'll probably stay in - good teachers, and they'll be teaching up till the last day so why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

IN theory the 23rd. Past then we're under no obligation whatsoever to actually come into school.

That being said, most of our teachers are running classes up until the second of June so I'm not off for some time. People are sort of filtering out now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

im off next thursday, but will prob go in for some scheduled classes after that considering i dont have half my courses finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

graduating next thursday the 18th, have study available though so will prob head back in for that for the next 2 weeks, if im at home i wont get out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'm off whenever I like, just dont bother going in, or go home early, or go in after lunch.. but to be honest there's no point going in at all at the moment.

Actually, we're off now. Formal classes have stopped entirely, some teachers will be doing class but that's it.

Most classes throughout the last week have been completely without merit. That coupled with this lovely weather has just shattered my resolve to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭whassupp

grimloch wrote:
    That coupled with this lovely weather has just shattered my resolve to work.

Your right. its impossible to study in thsat weather. good 4 water fights at lunch though.

promised to rain 2nite. i hope it does

whassupp wrote:
    promised to rain 2nite. i hope it does

Ah tits. I want some good weather tomorrow for my townward adventure.

Although the bad weather will most certainly get rid of the "Anyone coming out to kick the pig's bladder about instead or this studying lark?".

I have produced a small graph which I feel represents the current state of affairs:

weather2.gif

I think that just about sums everything up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Great graph, I spent 15 minutes out in the sun after school today and felt really guilty for not doing anything productive.. argh, I hate the LC.

Anyway, graduating on the 26th, that means a week and a half of studying or being teased by the friends who didnt do TY and have finished their first year in college..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

graduating on the 23rd, finished on the 24th. most people are taking days off or leaving early to study because we're doing f*ck all in classes. i can't wait to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I've been looking at that graph for a good 5 minutes and there's definitely something wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

grimloch wrote:
    Ah tits. I want some good weather tomorrow for my townward adventure.

Although the bad weather will most certainly get rid of the "Anyone coming out to kick the pig's bladder about instead or this studying lark?".

I have produced a small graph which I feel represents the current state of affairs:

weather2.gif

yeah thats definitely wrong.....i think it should be one over the quality of study.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

well, if he;s trying to prove that quality of weather is inversly proportional to ability to study it should have been 1 over ability to study, and a straight line through the origin. The graph itself is correct, but it doesn;t actually prove anything, just shows something.

God I'm such a physics nerd =(

Well the leaving cert has once a gain taken our dignity.........we're arguing about a graph;)

My graph is flawless. It clearly shows that when the weather is good, the ability to study is low and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

grimloch wrote:
    My graph is flawless.

:D no its not.

1. No heading
    2. No precise values on x and y axis

to make it really flawless u must edit it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

grimloch wrote:
    My graph is flawless. It clearly shows that when the weather is good, the ability to study is low and vice versa.
    It shows that, yes, but if you'd put one over the ability to study it would have proved inverse proportionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Im finished tomorrow forever! Im so happy! :)

Advertisement