Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gabriel&Dresden, James Holden and many more..Its JUNEFEST 06

• 10-05-2006 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

COLLECTIVE-MUSIC Presents …….

JUNEFEST '06

Sunday June 4th @ V1 Nightclub, The Vaults, I.F.S.C, Dublin

13 Dj’s, 3 Rooms, One venue

Room 1 - Melodica

James Holden (Border Community) ' At the controls' CD Launch

Mike Mooney (Melodica)

Ciaran Reilly (Melodica)

Room 2 - Gabriel&Dresden Cd launch

Gabriel&Dresden Live/Dj set

John O'Callaghan

Al Redmond

Room 3 - Seedy R Vs Invisible Agent

Chymera (Live laptop set)

Corrugated Tunnel

Lakker (Live)

Dini, The Consumption, LMD 64 & more to be announced

Adm: Advanced tickets €17.50 + BF available from Abbey Discs, Selectah, Spindizzy, www.ticketmaster.ie, www.tickets.ie.

Doors 9pm sharp

After what was undoubtly one of the best gigs of 2006 with Mayfest'06 with Dave Seaman Collective-Music bring you their next instalment of top class international Dj's and local talent. In Room 1 we welcome with open arms one of Dublin’s Premier clubnights over the last four years - MELODICA. Since it was established it has brought you the cream of international underground dance acts such as Matthew Dekay, King Unique, Paolo Mojo to name just a few. Headlining for the Melodica boys is without doubt one of the finest dj/Producers of his generation - JAMES HOLDEN.

James Holden should need little or no introduction to anyone who likes good dance music, first popping up on the radar in 1999 with his classic track 'Horisons'. Since then James has churned out an incredible amount of classic dance anthems such as 'One for you’, 'A break in the clouds’, 'Solstice' and the timeless 'Nothing' (with Julie Thompson) aswell as co-producing Sasha's critically acclaimed 'Airdrawndagger'. Since then he has set up his own label Border Community which showcases some of the most forward thinking music around today with artists such as Nathan Fake, The MFA to name just a few. James comes to Dublin to play for one of his favourite nights 'Melodica' and also to launch his new mix cd - At the controls' . Support on the night comes from Melodica residents , the hughly talented and ridicuously tall Mike Mooney and melodica ladies man Ciaran Reilly.

In Room 2 we welcome for an exclusive Debut appearance in Ireland, one of the hottest if not the hottest Dance acts that Stateside has to offer. USA Billboard chart topping Gabriel & Dresden. After meeting for the first time in 2001 at WMC Miami, Dave Dresden and Josh Gabriel have been inseparable, a chance meeting by two musical geniuses. As producers, Gabriel & Dresden are responsible for a long list of dance club favourites including the worldwide smash Motorcycle "As the Rush Comes" which was the #1 dance song on US radio in 2004 and reached #11 in the UK pop charts. Their most recent efforts include 'Zocalo' (a collaboration with Armin Van Burren) and 'Without You Near' (with Markus Schulz and Departure). As remixers, they have achieved a string of awards, Billboard #1's and given their personal spin to a long list of artists: Annie Lennox, Dido, Jewel, Sara Mclachlan, Duncan Sheik, Britney Spears & Madonna, Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto and more. Most recently, when musicality and dance-floor appeal were needed for the remix of Gustavo Santaolalla's Academy Award Winning "The Wings," theme to the movie Brokeback Mountain, Gabriel & Dresden were chosen for the job. Dave & Josh come to Dublin to launch their long awaited self titled artist album - 'Gabriel & Dresden' on Organised Nature. The album to date has received rave reviews and their event for Collective-Music showcases their new sounds. Support on the night is from John O'Callaghan, a man who has made serious headway on the international circuit over the last two years which his productions being played by all the main players including Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Burren and Tiesto to name check only a handful. Also giving support is Trance Guru and inexplicably posh Al Redmond.

In Room 3 we head down the techno route, showcasing some of the cream of Irelands Live techno fraternity. Seedy R Vs Invisible agent and this is a fight made in techno heaven, artists from both crew's will battle it out till the death. Acts such as Chymera, Dini, Corrugated Tunnel, Lakker and The Consumption (+more) will trade punches ...sorry we mean vinyls on a night that will put the 'Rumble in the jungle' to shame. You have been warned!

More info and advanced ticket bookings by emailing info@Collective-Music.com or visiting www.Colective-Music.com or www.TheVaults.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭C-M

Tickets are on sale from tomorrow in all the shops and on www.ticketmaster.ie and www.tickets.ie
    cm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

that must be Gabriel and Dresdens first time in Ireland?
    I would absolutely love to see them but im moving to Germany the day before :(

Tiesto wrote:
    that must be Gabriel and Dresdens first time in Ireland?
    I would absolutely love to see them but im moving to Germany the day before :(
    That's a pity, yes its an exclusive show, 1st time to Play the Republic ,
    cm

Please keep checking our website for Cds and ticket Giveaway' on the run up to the Gig, you will have to be registered on our Forums to be in with a Chance of winning,
    cm
    www.collective-music.com/forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭smokes

great line up,hope it goes well

• Advertisement

smokes wrote:
    great line up,hope it goes well
    Thanks very much, 3 great rooms of music 13 djs/Artists, 3 rooms, 1 venue all for €17.50 which we think is great value when you consider whats on offer, Tickets are in the Shops now
    cm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 purple_dolphin

I have my ticket for this. Can't wait 2 see G & D, there amazing!!

I have my ticket for this. Can't wait 2 see G & D, there amazing!!
    Yes they are. but as whole its acrackin line-up,something for everyone,we are adviseing people to get tickets as it look like a packed one
    cm

Gabriel&Dresden will be appearing in Abbey Dics this Sunday from 4pm to sign copies of there new artist Album which will be exclusively sold in Abbey Discs,they may even play for a bit
    cm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

damn ur really rubbing it in now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Would love to make this, Gabriel & Dresden, John O'Callaghan and James Holden.

Trying to convince some of the lads to go but not looking good :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

Missingthis is making me feel real bad. I'm actually feeling sicker as this gig approaches, thinking about where I should be on Sunday night and where I will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

4 sleeps to go :D

4 sleeps to go :D
    Yes, Its going to be a rocker, hope you can all make it,
    cm

Advertisement