Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Rescue, RTE 1

Options
  • 10-05-2006 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Folks

Did anybody see this last night on RTE?? I had to switch it off after 10 mins out of pure rage and disgust. Some absolute SCUMBAGS had placed a banger in a poor dogs mouth and he was in bits.

Swear to god, a bullet between the eyes would be too good for the filth that did this to the poor dog.

Are the penalties tough enough for animal cruelty in peoples opinions?

I cant tell you how mad I was after seeing this last night and also seeing a gross picture in the paper the other day about a dog that was killed in a similar way.

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

They didnt put the banger in the dogs mouth,they threw it and the dog ran after it(as dogs do)and picked it up then it went off in its mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I missed it, but by the sounds of it, I'm probably better off.
    I'm the same, the mistreatment of these cool, friendly animals by idiots who think it's a great laugh písses me off in a big way.
    Like the stories you hear about people setting cats on fire at halloween... God, someone please explain the psychology behind that one... I know we're all a little fúcked in the head in our own way, but that blows my mind completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Welcome to my world :(. Nothing amazes me anymore when it comes to cruelty to animals...

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

to be honest I watch & was in tears for the dog - but they were kids who were playing with bangers - to me the parents should be shot but I feel that parents have to teach kids right & wrong as my folks have/do & I will with my kids (when we have some)

I remember a story of a poor dog on irishanimals that was half starved, had been stabbed in the stomach & when the rescue lady got there the 8 years olds were trying to bash in the dogs head with bricks - These kids were 8-10! I dont understand kids of today how can anyone think its ok to do that to a dog??

Bond-007 wrote:
    I dont understand kids of today how can anyone think its ok to do that to a dog??
    I'm not sure it's a generation issue... I'd say there have been sick little bastards through out history, but we just didn't hear about it... (actually I have to wonder at what point in human history did it become not ok to bash a dogs head in with a brick.)
    I've got young cousins around that age and they're very kind to animals, both their own pets and other peoples.
    I reckon it's more about people seeing pets as objects they own and can do with as they please, rather than members of the family who'd follow you to the ends of the earth.
    It's a shame aswell, that badly treated animals are so often pretty screwed up from the experience... snappy, aloof or what ever else... that the owners never really see the best aspects of having pets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I was out of the country last October, and some b*stard stuck a banger to my cats leg, he survived but was shaken, and had a blad patch on the leg for a few weeks. If I had found out who did it they would be in serious trouble. He's such a trusting cat too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

my cat is trusting as well, the other day I was coming home and walking up to my garden, and there he was just sitting on the wall, people walking straight past him, him not caring.

one of these days some sick b*stard is gonna cop onto this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

MrSinn wrote:
    They didnt put the banger in the dogs mouth,they threw it and the dog ran after it(as dogs do)and picked it up then it went off in its mouth

Still didnt make it any easier to watch mate !

Scumbag kids with nothing better to do, you have to blame the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It was horrific but I am so glad they showed the reality of what happens to Irish animals on a daily basis. Hopefully it will make people think twice or offer to help out.
    I realise all rescues deal with cruelty cases but just want to direct people to the Limerick animal welfare site they are dealing with so many cruelty cases it's very disheartning I donate whenever I can so if you have a minute check their site out http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com/law/index.htm
    Even a couple of euro or mabey stuff you dont need anymore like dog bowls, leads blankets etc all helps. If you can't donate to LAW mabey your local rescues could use a few things.
    It's great to have a proper Irish programme on rescue at long last

It's great to have a proper Irish programme on rescue at long last
    Oooh, it's a proper programme?... I'd just assumed this was a once off special, like prime-time or whatever.
    Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yep, think it's something like 6 episodes altogether hoepfully after that they will make some more

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

I've watched both episodes of this series and like other posters have spent most of it crying at the depravity of people.

Preceding the heart-breaking piece concerning the Jack Russell there was a piece about a puppy that had been locked in the boot of a car.
    While that is disturbing enough during filming the owners came back, made claims the animal was being looked after, the usual blah blah but what really shocked me was that even though the Garda were there these people got into their car and drove away like nothing happened. WTF?

This show is highlighting the abusive attitude towards animals of any kind in this country but it is also showing that you can easily get away with it without having to worry about there being consequences.

Advertisement