Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do guys really find tall girls intimidating

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

timmy69 wrote:
    Dont care what anyone says, i find tall girls to be such a turn on. Tall girls are hot!! even if they are taller than me (6'1) guess it depends on the person. I would kill for a tall girl ;)

Thats gotta be hard going being 6'1 and liking tall women!

Although i would say there are v few women who are like 6'3, 6ft4 etc(in bare foot), esp. in Ireland.

Plenty around the 6ft mark but thats about it.(that being a good thing of course).:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Tall women can be immensely attractive, especially for a tall person like myself. Bending over gets to be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 teagan

I'm 5'11'' and love being tall. I think clothes look so much better on taller women. You stand out in a crowd, in a good way! I have to say though I'd never look twice at a lad below 6'2''. My bf is 6'4'' which is perfect as i can wear my heels! Be tall and proud I say.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

How would I get a constant crick in the neck?! I don't generally walk around the whole time with my face glued to hers so it's generally ok for me! I actually find very tall women quite scary, probably because I'm so used to being much taller than everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Seem to remember a very old black and white film where this guy is going to meet a blind date at an upstairs restaurant. The stairs is just by the guy's table and her head appears first beside him as she climbs the stairs. They say "Hello" and chat for a minute or two and then, he stands up to shake her hand just as she reaches the top. Of course she (a certain Miss Coffey, don't know why that stuck in my mind) turns out to be over 6 foot 6 and he is rather short (5 foot five). Uncomfortable silence follows. :D I think they hit it off after a bit, though.

To answer your question OP, huge differences are not that important. Remeber Atilla the Hun, not a very big guy, had twelve wives, all taller than him I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

I'm only 5"7/8 and I hate it. Tall girls are a turn off for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Taller the better - up to about 6 foot one. After that it's definitely freak territory imo. Unless I am just imagining it taller women tend to be more thin as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I'm 6inches tall and tall girls don't do it for me...

It could be because MOST tall girls I've come across in life are rather flat chested, lack curves, look a bit masculine, and try to stand on me at the first chance they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Intimidating? No. Attractive? No.

I can think of only one woman I've met who was taller than me that I found attractive. I'm 6'2" and I reckon she was about 6'3".

Most are usually just big heffers or slouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

joejoem wrote:
    Next time you walk by a lampshade with breasts, look up and see if it has eyes

haha! :D genius

I would agree with Pigman II's post above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I am 5 foot 11 too Teagan and i wouldn't go out with a girl over 5' 7. it is stupid but goes back to my debs had a very good looking gf taller than me; in the photos I looked like a dwarf.

Really short guys don't care. Really tall guys it doesn't matter. guys like me who like to think of themselves as tall get obsessive.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

DubNside wrote:
    Thats gotta be hard going being 6'1 and liking tall women!

Although i would say there are v few women who are like 6'3, 6ft4 etc(in bare foot), esp. in Ireland.

Plenty around the 6ft mark but thats about it.(that being a good thing of course).:)

Have come across, quite a few girls taller than me. In Dublin anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

To answer your question OP, huge differences are not that important. Remeber Atilla the Hun, not a very big guy, had twelve wives, all taller than him I think.

On the other side of the coin, many girls reach their height before the boys, and many boys feel uncomfortable about this. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Tall can equal very hot a lot of the time. So no. Exciting? Yes. Intimidating. No.

Edit: I'm 5'7" and tall women are hot, so I better get used to not being intimidated. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Pigman II wrote:

I can think of only one woman I've met who was taller than me that I found attractive. I'm 6'2" and I reckon she was about 6'3".

Same here... with the very rare exception, I find freakishly tall women odd-looking, disproportionate, horse-faced heifers with big rosy red cheeks who should be out ploughing the fields with their giant shovel hands.
    I prefer dainty women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

sure as long as she does what she's told, who cares how tall she is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

On the other side of the coin, many girls reach their height before the boys, and many boys feel uncomfortable about this. Why?

Why? Many want don't want to be in a subservient position. Many want to be macho and impressive to the opposite sex, their hormones charging about and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Were not talking about some huge hairy woman here with big huge hands and feet!
    A nice 6ft slim or curvy woman who looks great in clothles cause she is tall is hardly intimidating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

You can get tall big boned girls - I don't mean fat just big boned literally...having a big frame. No matter how much weight you lose you'll always be big.

Then there's just naturally small framed tall girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Remeber Atilla the Hun, not a very big guy, had twelve wives, all taller than him I think.

Did you know him well then? Anyways...

And Hitler. Don't forget that lad! I'm sure Eva was taller than he was. Wikipedia says he was a good bit taller than me though so I'll never measure up...:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

MrJones wrote:
    sure as long as she does what she's told, who cares how tall she is!

HA HA HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 teagan

Pigman II wrote:

I have to disagree. Myself, my sister and 5 of my female cousins all stand between 5'9-5'11. 6'2" with heels on, dress size 8-10 and we get an unbelievable amount of male attention when out together. We're certainly not big heffers or slouchers.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Same here... with the very rare exception, I find freakishly tall women odd-looking, disproportionate, horse-faced heifers with big rosy red cheeks who should be out ploughing the fields with their giant shovel hands.
    I prefer dainty women.

May I introduce 6 foot Cameron Diaz and Mischa Barton to you??
    diaz9.jpg

Mischa-Barton.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

teagan wrote:
    I have to disagree. Myself, my sister and 5 of my female cousins all stand between 5'9-5'11. 6'2" with heels on, dress size 8-10 and we get an unbelievable amount of male attention when out together. We're certainly not big heffers or slouchers.;)

Interesting, so what's your local?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

panda100 wrote:
    May I introduce 6 foot Cameron Diaz and Mischa Barton to you??
    Cameron Diaz 6 foot? ... pff maybe in 4 inch heels :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Why? Many want don't want to be in a subservient position. Many want to be macho and impressive to the opposite sex, their hormones charging about and everything.

Had a friend who dated a taller girl. When he was asked about it, he would rub his hands together, smile and say, "More for him!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

mmm... mischa barton...

Eastern European women are definitely bringing a tall gene into this country - I approve...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

Tall Women You Rock My World

Advertisement