Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in the Old house and Sheds at back of Charlesland

Options
  • 10-05-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Does anyone find it really odd that all of a sudden there has been several fires in the buildings on the farm behind Charlesland lately and the developers have startered to knock down buildings that ahve been set on fire!!!!!!:confused: Surely they shoulld provide secuirty on there land if someone keeps coming in and setting fire to the buildings. I rang the fire station several times as soon as they started and they saud they are sick of having to go up there and put them out and there is definatley something odd going on up there!!!!!!! Maybe I am reading into things but if the buildings had to be demolished quickly then maybe someone could go in there sooner than later and develop the area if the buildings were a health and safety issue!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm need I say more!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Looks like a case of the 'auld Jewish Lightening to me!!!;) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

either scumbags or an insurance jobber...
    and always on a sunny day so i bet it on fire when i get home tonight again!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Does anyone know whether that area is going to be developed or not? I back on to it so would like to have a look at the plans if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

As far as I know it is.... heard from someone who has a bit of inside knowledge on it and app it will be larger detached and semi detached houses ! Your management company might know who owns the land and you could contact them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi Daveco..I also have my back garden onto the farm and I sussed this out and its going to be a low rise commercial development. Part of the deal with the development of the area was that there had to be a certain amount of commercial buildings so it is not currently zoned for residential...saying that they may try and change it but from what I have heard becasue Charlesland is a big enough development as it stands they dont have chance of getting it changed. Then again u never know nowadyas with all the little brown envelopes going around what could happen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I had read in the Bray People that they had already applied to change from commercial to residential for that particular piece of land but can't find reference to it on the councils planning page

here's the original application for that site - http://tinyurl.com/rflvs

Advertisement