Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scan and post your BT bill here

• 10-05-2006 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Having gotton fed up with crosswords and that sukoto? game, I have decided to tax my brain with BT bills. 1 + 1 equeals 7. Go on ,lash them up, lets all try to decipher them together. Knock out your adress and ac no first. I suggest a meeting in a pub somewhere, where we will all gather and bring our bills, kinda counts me out as I have not received a bill in 18 months, but would like to see what a BT bill looks like !!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

If only I had a bill to scan and post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Gandalf23 wrote:
    If only I had a bill to scan and post...

same here, does anyone actually pay the extra €5 - i think it is - for a paper bill.

i get a mail every two months - just got one today - with it stating that it's taking €80 (3meg package without line rental/phone packages) out of my credit card, which the card statement confirms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

but that email is not a bill , its a remittance advice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Sponge Bob wrote:
    but that email is not a bill , its a remittance advice :D

Yes indeed... what the sponge one says.

I checked this with a barrister friend earlier... legally BT are required to supply a bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Is there a BT bill out there ? Seems as rare as hens teeth... WTF :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Gandalf23 wrote:
    Yes indeed... what the sponge one says.

I checked this with a barrister friend earlier... legally BT are required to supply a bill.

Is there a legal definition of a bill? For instance is a bill required to show payments received by a Company from the customer - up to the time I left them some months ago the UTV on line 'billing system' did not show this and when queried about it they claimed it wasnt possible for their system to do it/

Does Esats on line billing show payments received? (I know I am being optimistic here!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

As it happens I can't get at this months bill, as notified today, because their site is fux0red. Fux0red site, fuxored customer service, fux0red customers. Consistency is everything in BT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Merik

can't you go onto the BT site and download the latest bill in pdf format? then screen grab, paste into paint or something bit more adanced and draw square around address etc.. and post here? Just a suggestion :) Thats also whenever the site works!! Its one of the slowest sites I've ever seen even when its working!!!

I'm about to give up on them, just waiting to see what my next bill will be like. I have no complains about thie broadband service, just their billing and them trying to explain that everything in the bill is correct, even though I'm been charged more than €50 a month for bb and line rental.

Keep having converstaions saying the intro price was not added last month, will appear on next bill. next bill arrives, oh my colleague made a mistake I've not fixed it, it'll appear in next bill. Only problem is it takes 2 months between each bill to know if the problems are fixed.

My 3rd bill should be due soon and it has to say 50 euro, if not my minimum term is also up so may say bye bye to bt :) but who to go to now :( left UTV, money grabbers and non competitive anymore!!!

Anyway excuse my ranting enough of that happens here :) Good luck with your bill posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

It's downloadable as a .gif or in .csv format. I'd love to show you my latest — total due = €752.82 :eek: — but I've no scanner here.

Oh, and fortunately I actually owe them nowt; I've been paying by cheque since they fuked up my DD details, and I plan to keep it that way... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

This gets better....Dear sir, You have not paid the bill you have not received...unless you pay the amount you do not know, we will bring you to court. Unless you pay the amount you do not know, we will slate your ass before the "hangin judge". Please pay the unknown amount within 7 days. Think of a number, treble it, add 89% vat, Add 78 euro for each child you have, Does your mother have a limp...Ahh...another 19 euro per hobble !! But we wont tell you how much you owe us..not yet..but pay now or we will cut you off, and you exceeded your download limit too, so just give us money, you decide how much cause we havent a ****in clue, but unless you pay the said amount we will nail your ass in our next bill in june 2008...etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

24.99 last bill, 84.99 this bill. Makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I checked the bill today it came up -€9.00 so im in credit! But before theis, we signed a contract which means we pay by direct debt every two months but they decided, lets not tell anyone and not take any money off them for 6months, then they took it out and i didnt expect it and wasnt ready for so much to be taken as i had other things to pay for! We also signed up over 2years ago and the paper bill was part of our contract and they just stoped sending it, no notification at all! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Below is my BT story and how I got it sorted out which I posted before in one of the many BT billing disaster threads. Direct action is the only way with these muppets. I recommend everyone who has a billing issue to arrange to meet up some day and walk into BT HQ all at the same time and tell a manager you are refusing to pay your bill untill they sort out their billing department and that you will campaign to inform as many potential BT customers of the horrors of their billing service.
    They seem to respond to direct action when you are physically face to face with them rather than over the phone when they can dismiss you and **** you about.

How I sorted my BT problem (one of my many previous BT hate posts)

Like many ppl on here, ive had trouble with BT. When I ordered broadband
    (50 euro self install modem / 40 per month 3mb connection) it took BT 11 weeks to deliver the modem by post and it took me many phone calls giving the same information over and over again.
    When I viewed my bill online it came to 355 euro. they charged me 115 for the modem instead of 50 and had a load of other charges which even they could not explain including an amount owing from my last bill which was fully paid up.
    They also illegally switched my land line from eircom to BT. The landline is in my parents name and they would have had to get their permission to switch. After several phone calls they said they would fix the bill and switch my landline back to eircom.
    However, I received my bill in the post on Thursday, still been overcharged. also in the envelope addressed to me was another mans bills with all his account details and his itemized phone bill. I made copies of all letters / bills and documents related to BT in my possession. I was about to go down the police station but on my way decided to pop into citizens advice centre.

How to beat them:
    In the advice centre they told me a solicitor would write me a letter declaring BT in breach of contract, which means I wouldn’t have to pay the bill or stay with them for 6 months. So I walked into BT at upper grand canal street, Dublin 4, explained to the manager that I would declare BT in breach of contract if the mess wasn’t sorted out straight away. that was at 4pm on Thursday. At lunch time today BT rang me back and fixed my bill, gave me the universal account number needed to switch the landline back to eircom and gave me one month’s free broadband.
    So as we all know, ringing BT is useless. They promise you the world and deliver nothing but overcharging. My advice to everyone is to physically walk into the BT building, speak to a manager and tell him that BT is in breach of contract. This approach worked for me and it was sorted out in a matter of hours.

some other points:
    I have no direct debit set up with BT but they do have my bank details. I went into the bank before I went into BT and cleared out my account. I asked the bank teller to block any direct debit attempt by BT and was told that she couldn’t block them once they had my details. I recommend anyone who has been overcharged to close the account BT have access to, and open a new one and don’t give them the details. The manager in BT told me he removed my bank details from his computer and no attempt would be made by BT to debit my account. Tell them you want to pay your bills through the post office. this means that you control the money and only pay them if the bill is correct. A quick look through these boards will show you that once BT steal your money, it’s very hard to get it back off them.

Makes perfect sense.

Thats a bill , €84.99 for what exactly ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Broadband: €4.99
    Lawyers, Lawyers, Lawyers: €80.00
    British Telecom Ireland: Priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Always around the €100 mark.

I only once had a problem with them last september, where they tried to charge €400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

I'm with BT since April 2005.

This was the first bill I received (one year later) ..
    I've got one other since this one so maybe its sorted now... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

Here is my bill i just moved over to them from another provider.
    It is for option 2. The discount has not been applied yet for the bundle package I was told there will be 11.47 credit in my next bill.

The site says that my line got activated on the 13/03
    My BB was connect approx 11/03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Heres my latest bill online today. It's as ****ed up as ever but I'm not sending it away to NASA for their experts to work out as they have undercharged me for once. Should owe them 70 euro but are only charging me 47. They still have me down for line rental and no limits even though I don’t have line rental and no limits with them but they over credited me so I'm not complaining.

When they post me out a bill, I'll bring their bill down to the post office and pay them the 47 euro.
    Anyone know if they can hit me for the right amount later on even if I pay the low amount on this bill. Am I covered legally as paying this bill even though they under charged me? I look at it as compensation for hours on the phone talking to Muppets.

Amount Owing 335.87 ????????? this is what they tried to charge me last time for 2 months broadband (80 euro + 50 for modem was correct amount)

Payment Received -86.00 This was my last bill, for modem and one months broadband with one month free broadband after I went into their HQ and threatened them with a breach of contact letter.

Overdue Amount 249.87 ?????????

Line Rental 19.65 ??????????????? dont have line rental with BT.made them change me back after they illegally switched me over to them without permission

Telephone 2.08 ?????????????

Ireland Mobile 2.21 ??????????

All Ireland 2.50 ??????????????

Broadband Option 3 Two Monthly Rental Fee 70.24 this figure is correct

IOL No Limits Two-Monthly Subscription 41.98 ???????????????(they still tried to charge me for this after I switched to broadband. they told me since that they cancelled it)

Other charges and credits -301.54 ?????????????????

Total Discounts Received -4.13 ????????????

Total Charges (ex. VAT) -167.01 ?????????????????? total charges minus 167? and yet I'm being chagred + 47 anfter minus 35 vat

VAT @ 21.00% -35.07 ??????????????????

Total Charges this period (incl. VAT) 47.79 ok, if you say so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not that it's much of a bill or anything but mine seems OK, at least I'm not being fleeced or anything.
    2006032415kp.gif

There's a bit more information on the html bill than the image, though not by much.
    200603241a6ur.gif
    The full list of calls is in the .csv file.

I only recently figured out that the -4.13 discount is the €5 off for online billing (€4.13 + VAT). They actually bill the BB at €85 for two months, then discount back the €5. Not explained at all until you work out the numbers yourself.

• Advertisement

thats indeed correct jor el , line rental, bb option 3mbits BB for €50 a month the pair and a few calls on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

I've looking at internet options available to me ....

The most reasonable i can find is with Ice Broadband

1Mbps €37.99 /month
    2Mbps €59.00 /month

Wireless so no line rental.

Why are you all paying in excess of €100 /month ?
    I must missing something but what is it ??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BT's bill is for 2 months at a time, it's €50 for 3M/384k per month, so €100 for two months and that includes line rental. Their cheapest is €35 a month for 1M/128k, including the line rental.

edit.
    I see there's a €150 installation charge on that wireless product too, seems common of most wireless. That's equivalent to a few months broadband up front. Most of the Eircom bitstream products have a €50 connection fee at the moment I think. I paid nothing both times as there were offers on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

jor el wrote:
    BT's bill is for 2 months at a time, it's €50 for 3M/384k per month, so €100 for two months and that includes line rental. Their cheapest is €35 a month for 1M/128k, including the line rental.

edit.
    I see there's a €150 installation charge on that wireless product too, seems common of most wireless. That's equivalent to a few months broadband up front. Most of the Eircom bitstream products have a €50 connection fee at the moment I think. I paid nothing both times as there were offers on.

thanks jor el !

Advertisement