Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

That smelling fingers thing people do when driving.

Options
  • 11-05-2006 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I'm amazed by the amount of people who smell their fingers when driving. You know the pose, fingers together and extended, knuckles facing the mouth, fingers under the nose, with a look of intense concentration on their face. I'm seeing more and more people doing it everday.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

hahah are you on something lol, thats the best laugh Ive had in a while :D

(although I will be looking around in rush hour tommorow ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Perhaps the good people of Cork tend not to wash their hands after a bit of business?

And no - I've never noticed this anywhere. I haven't been to Cork much though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

no sorry mate never seen that craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

i just copped on this morning that i do that
    i have no idea why i do it, but i'll stop

Holy **** I do that.:D

I think its because I ave up smoking thou..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

never seen that.
    however, I was stuck in traffic yesterday and the bloke in the car behind me spent at least 2 mins clapping his hand, what's that about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

I notice alot of people doing this including myself. It only ever happens when the car is stopped in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

at least its better than people who ram their fingers up their noses to the second knuckle, which a lot of people also seem to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

I do that too.
    Seen a few other drivers doing it as well. weird.

No idea why, never smoked or anything.

I was actually doing it in work when I saw the title of the post!

Beruthiel wrote:
    and the bloke in the car behind me spent at least 2 mins clapping his hand, what's that about?!

ah thats a sign of excellence in the area of sexual proficiency, I do it quite a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wow, I'm glad other people see it happening too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

reminds me o a joke......
    How do you spot a mechanic who's just got lucky?

One clean finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ciaranr

It's always the right hand (in right hand drives cars) isn't it? I'd say its cos the nose is where the hand naturally falls when resting the elbow on the window ledge.

Perhaps you're brain associates the elbow at that height as feeding time, cos you're arm would be in a similar position when you're sitting at the table in Supermacs savaging the MightyMac and curry chips. And the smelling is the brain's way of asking "Dude, wheres my burger?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

ned78 wrote:
    I'm amazed by the amount of people who smell their fingers when driving. You know the pose, fingers together and extended, knuckles facing the mouth, fingers under the nose, with a look of intense concentration on their face. I'm seeing more and more people doing it everday.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I assume your talking about the passengers mainly? i for one do it for some strange reason, and see people do it almost everyday!! it is rather bizarre indeed.

ciaranr wrote:
    It's always the right hand (in right hand drives cars) isn't it? I'd say its cos the nose is where the hand naturally falls when resting the elbow on the window ledge.

yea i was thinking that myself

Advertisement