Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance?

Options
  • 11-05-2006 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭

I know I've seen posts on this topic before here, but I can't find an exact answer to this question:

Is it possible to get bike theft insurance in Ireland, if you don't have home cover?

Does anyone know of an insurance company out there that will just insure your bike for you?

The type of insurance Id be looking for is similar to what evans cycles have, but it only applies to bikes in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Ive been looking for something myself. I asked in cycleways, and they told me that there was something in the back of MTB magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

If you go to the financial regulator's website www.financialregulator.ie, click on their recent study of home insurance. I think you'll find that some insurance firms will provide home insurance cover for tenants, which by defininition should include bikes. Some policies may deliberately exclude bikes and you may have to pay a premium for those policies if bikes are included, but yes i think it is possible now. Though don't quote me :rolleyes:

I haven't checked it out myself yet, though as i'm trying to buy a house anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

I looked into insurance when I lived in the UK. It worked out at 10% of the value of the bike, and was limited as to the time of day it applied, so I didn't bother.
    Don't know about here, but household insurance is the way to go.

M

Advertisement