Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Quality Masonary paint

• 11-05-2006 6:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

I am gonna paint my house before the summer draws to an end. I need some advice on how to treat the walls (with primer etc) before painting.
    I will be giving everything a good powerwashing as well.

1.Where is the best place to get good quality masonary paint (Dulux, Sandex etc) at a good price. I will be needing about 60 litres I reckon.

2. Also what is the best way of priming the surface after powerwashing.....

Thanks for all the advice
    TRX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tdtd

i wouldn't bother with the powerwashing, just takes off a layer of waterproofer in the render generally - a good brushing in the very bad areas will do. I have used the dulux weathershield stuff before - 1 coat of brillant white as the basecoat and then the final coat of whatever colour you want...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

I painted my house using Colortrend about three years ago (two coats) and it still looks like it was only done six months ago. You do pay for this stuff though, about 50 euro for a 10 litre tin.

see this link for advice and they mention colortrend http://www.cif.ie/asp/section.asp?s=572

Advertisement