Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibb to service the tallaght mast?

• 11-05-2006 6:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

just got this in the mail this morning...

Dear Irish Broadband Customer,

As part of our continued network improvement, please note you may experience either a degraded or full loss of service between 22.00 and 22.30 on the following dates.

Sunday May 14th thru Thursday May 18th

Monday May 22nd.

Please rest assured that every effort will be made to keep downtime to a minimum. This is due to essential maintenance to improve the quality of service you are experiencing. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause but assure you that the work being performed is absolutely necessary.

Thank you for your time.

Irish Broadband.

Customer Services.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thats f*cking hilarious :D

Have you got any more jokes ?

This sounds more like a confession rather than a statement about downtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

yea i do :), if you dont use your connection as heavily as one might want to, you wont experience speed degradation and packet loss. (i think i got some smart remark like that once from ibb)

but thats beside the point, i have been having problems on my tallaght connection for the past 6months, and my problems seem to be at the mast, but i think its the lack of bandwidth in general on their part. i guess i'll know soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I got a similar email too. I hope I don't experience any loss of service. I dumped IBB 18months ago and am with digiweb now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I got the email too both in work and home but im on the Three rock mast. Sounds like it may be all over? Hopefully bumping up the backbone for all the poor ppl with poor connections not me though mines already perfect :D

I keep it under 2Gb a day more than that and yes you notice the connection getting traffic shaped.

Advertisement