Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Ticking noise

Options
  • 11-05-2006 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Opel Astra 2003 1.2 16v 42k miles on the clock.

Loud flapping ticking noise comign from the back of the engine on the left hand side as you look at it. The ticking noise is comign from around the air box which is also on the left.

I know there is a few Astra owners here, and would be grateful for any help with this.

This is not my car its the gf's.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No one have any ideas :eek:

No novice mechanics amoung you. :D

Awh well off to www.astra-sport.co.uk for some answers then.

Good old Ireland,

Just something off the point I had a lady ask me where do you put the water into the car?

What for, I asked?

To keep it cool, she said.

I replied, open the windows.

She was driving a new Audi A4. Very nice car.

Anyway I told her to lift the hood the ill be back in a minute as I had to pay for the petrol, anyway my girlfriend got out of the car and filled it up for her.

She was so embrassed that another girl was able to do. So funny.

Ok problem solved

Carbon Cannister Solenoid.

Thanks for all your help guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

c

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

kluivert wrote:
    Ok problem solved

Carbon Cannister Solenoid.

Thanks for all your help guys :D

What's that solenoid for, and how did you find it?

Stone in the tire and the car not moving....but nice try :D

I went onto www.astra-sport.co.uk

Posted my question like I did and then some reserach on the site, I was able to get picks and then the girlfriends car on idle and the noise came from exactly the spot that the posters said it was. Said its nothing to wrong about.

What it done is control the air pressure as far as I know. Till reading up on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That's a great site, and some really knowledgable people on it. I've used it myself for researching stuff for my own Astra, there's absolutely tons on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭toilet_ducks

http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/ is not bad either...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭toilet_ducks

By the way anyone know where to get 17'' SRi alloys in Dublin? I've a new Astra Sport Hatch SXi arriving next week and want to change the alloys for the 5 spoke 17'' SRi ones. Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Advertisement