Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3.5G phones unveiled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Thats been around a good while. Fecking bricks too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Those phones do look sorta like blocks ... guess we'll have them released here sometime ... 4 years from now :D

The real benefit of the 3.5G is enhanced speed which allows for more multimedia on demand .. right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 telecomsman

HSDPA is an enhanced bearer running off the back of a UMTS (3G) backbone. From what Ive seen both O2 and Vodafone will be releasing a Wireless Broadband product to utilise this technology, however its 2 years away at current state of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

I went to Nagasaki today to see if any material has come out on the phones. There's nothing in the DoCoMo shops at the moment about them. The staff don't know anything. They're aimed for a summer release but normally the networks advertise way in advance.

Oh, and about the speed... well that'll be bullcrap. That's the maximum speed. My network (www.au.kddi.com) advertises 2.4mbps (300kb/sec) but i never get anything like that. The fastest I have downloaded was about 120kb/sec (a rough guess). But then again, you don't need those speeds for most things on a phone. The only time I need them is when downloading tunes (about 1.7mb each). Then it's useful.

Advertisement