Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football: Irishgamer.ie's Fantasy World Cup

• 11-05-2006 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Irishgamer.ie is a brand new games website that is launching on the 16th of June. For their launch, Irishgamer are sponsoring our World Cup Fantasy League.

To join the league, just go to fantasy.premierleague.com, pick a team and input the code 204263-37725 when joining a league.

The winner will receive 3 games for the gaming platform of their choice from a list of titles Irishgamer.ie have.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/ff/index.html

Doesn't start until next Thursday but thought I'd give people a heads-up. Perhaps we could get a group going like in the Premiership FF?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Nice one, Not sure if it has been mentioned before but:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com
    are doing one based on players who play in the premierleague only,
    Kicking off in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/ff/index.html

Doesn't start until next Thursday but thought I'd give people a heads-up. Perhaps we could get a group going like in the Premiership FF?
    I'd be interested in that, like a boards WC tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd be interested in that, like a boards WC tournament?
    Yeah something like that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would be up for it as well but have to get these damn exams done before I go setting up a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

im definately interested in this:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Cant wait for this:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'd rather go for the fifa one....just using prem league players is a bit useless

Definitely. Yahoo all the way for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'll probably do both. I can't get enough of these fantasy thingamajigs.

besty wrote:
    I'll probably do both. I can't get enough of these fantasy thingamajigs.
    I barely had enough time for my Prem League team for last season. With the games coming so fast and regular in the WC, I'll just need to concentrate on one. Nice to have the time for both though.

Now any suggestions on any players for this?

I've been doing a bit of research in form of players in the qualifiers and here are a few players I am looking at...just waiting on what their value is set at..Feel free to make your suggestions

Toni (Italy)
    Srna (Croatia)
    Pauletta (Portugal)
    Simao (Portugal)
    Joaquin (Spain)
    Postiga (Portugal)
    Kuyt (Holland)
    McBride (USA)
    Terry (England)
    Gerrard (England)
    Aimar (Argentina)
    Sorin (Argentina)
    Kaka (Brazil)
    Klose (Germany)
    Borgetti (Mexico)
    Fonseca (Mexico)
    Torres (Spain)
    Pirlo (Italy)
    Totti (Italy)
    Donovan (USA)
    Koller (Czech Rep)
    Rosicky (Czech Rep)

• Advertisement

I'm in the premier league one and linked to Boards league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Is it this or next Thursday that this is supposed to start? Link seems to be down (for me at least) at the moment...

The yahoo one looks a bit pants to be honest......
    I signed up yesterday and today when I went back my team had dissappeared. There were also a shed load of players missing to pick from.
    Today is the go live date so I hope that they were just testing stuff yesterday and its ready to rock today.
    The scoring system on Yahoo looks rubbish as well....
    Pity the premierleague one doesnt have all the players.
    Anyone know of another free online one?

where's the damn link to start creating your team? I'm just looping through intro pages at the moment / it's working about as well as the yahoo ticketing website (same thing!).

I can't find it either. Maybe its not starting til later?

The links were all working yesterday and you were able to select a team from a very limited set of players.
    As I said, I signed in again to day and the link to my team etc were all gone as were the links for creating teams-which leads me to believe yesterday was testing and the full game will be available sometime today.
    I hope to god its a lot better than the test setup yesterday!

Of course it will be! :D

Yahoo FF is always the best one around.

I just did the one with the Premiership players there. It's the same layout as the usual one. If there's enough people doing it, we can start a league?

There is a league.

3958-1291 is the code.

is the link available for the Yahoo one? I clicked on teh one above but don't know where to register:confused:

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:
    is the link available for the Yahoo one? I clicked on teh one above but don't know where to register:confused:

I think we're all in the same boat, just waiting for a link to appear on that page!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

takin bleedin ages, i know who i want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

are there any alternative besides yahoo and PL.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

http://www.asda-lovethegame.co.uk/

Basically the same interface and structure as Fantasy Premier/International League, (probably made by the same people), but you choose 12 players from any team -- not just Premier League. At first, I liked it, but then I saw its really easy to get a good team. I have a deadly team for 100 million.

See attachment --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

http://channel4.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx
    this one is good, no value on players but you can only choose 2 players from each team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i setup a team on metro
    Got this team for 95 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

here is my team from the asda one. lets hope that yahoo one will be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stuckied now to rummage for a prize.

Heh 2 tickets to Richmond Park for the lucky winnner or an EL ground of their choice. :D

Best prize ever!!!!!!

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Stuckied now to rummage for a prize.

Heh 2 tickets to Richmond Park for the lucky winnner or an EL ground of their choice. :D

Best prize ever!!!!!!

kdjac

Meet and greet from Andy O'Callaghan, with a meal at the exclusive "chip van" restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The link in the OP is working now but it doesn't seem like a great system at first glance.

not likiing the yahoo one at all. you cant beat the premier league one for the format, pity they didnt include very player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

kippy wrote:
    Nice one, Not sure if it has been mentioned before but:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com
    are doing one based on players who play in the premierleague only,
    Kicking off in a few days.
    done and dusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Joined both, prefer the premier league one coz u have a valued limit.

BTW, where the hell do u submit your team after u pick everybody???!!

Not quite sure how the yahoo ff is going to work (read the rules dammit!), I picked most of my midfields and forwards by just grabbing the players with lowest odds for tournament top scorer - then picked the defense from the top countries that I hadn't already taken 3 players from.

p.pete wrote:
    Not quite sure how the yahoo ff is going to work (read the rules dammit!), I picked most of my midfields and forwards by just grabbing the players with lowest odds for tournament top scorer - then picked the defense from the top countries that I hadn't already taken 3 players from.
    I think we should set up a league on a better site, it's brutal if you ask me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yahoo one is a bit crap by virtue of the fact that you don't have a budget. Picked my team anyway.

Has anyone set up a boards group for it yet?

edit - just did there, group name boards.ie password boardsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,512 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

is there any league on Boards for just the Premier League one? Just entered my team. Under the lovely name of Bognor Regis

Sorry, just ebtered it there. Under name Bognor Regis of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

you should try www.Fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk it is better than www.Fantasy.premierleague.com because you can pick all players in the world cup, not just the premiership players

ok, I'm set up for the yahoo one.

23 players to choose fro your squad and 11 for your team from that.

Does anyone know the format of the yahoo one? ie. when you pick your starting 11, how long that 11 is valid for? Its not that specific. it just says you can make 2 transfers during the group stage. Can you change your 11 daily? or is that 11 you're starting 11 for the group stages and so on so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think you can rotate the 23 players as much as you like, but once the group stages have started you can only drop 2 from the roster and recruit 2 new players. Up until the WC starts I think you can completely rebuild your roster.

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote:
    I think you can rotate the 23 players as much as you like, but once the group stages have started you can only drop 2 from the roster and recruit 2 new players. Up until the WC starts I think you can completely rebuild your roster.
    ya but I assume the starting 11 only score in that day?

so on day 1 of WC, do you pick the 11 players playing that day and then on Day 2, pick another 11 for that day if possible? Or can you change in between matches?
    It'll probably even itself out over the course.

Its easy enough to pick a good 23, but then the fun starts trying to pick 11 out of that. I like the format also but the rules & scoring are not that clear.

I can't join the group on http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/ff/index.html, I tried having the ID boards.ie and the password boardsie as posted above, are these correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

can someone soon, settle on what we're using.

Garret wrote:
    www.Fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk is the best by far, it has all the players, a transfer budget, a comprehensive scoring system

I've set up a boards league. Register, create your team go to join private league, the code is 52553-9442
    I am a member of that, but I cannot log onto it any more, I don't know why, it doesn't say the password/username is wrong, and when I asked them to send my password details they were the same and they still didn't work! I like the Fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk but it doesn't let me in anymore

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    There is a league.

3958-1291 is the code.
    Thanks MJS.

Marts wrote:
    I can't join the group on http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/ff/index.html, I tried having the ID boards.ie and the password boardsie as posted above, are these correct?
    the id needs to be a 4 digit code. The name is no good. Whoever set up the league needs to request the number through the invite link.

entered metro, similar to asda, except for the lying about where you live part.

I've set up a league for the Metro one if nobody has done so already:
    57357-10000

It's definitely the best. You get points for a shot in the Yahoo one.:confused:

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,512 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can ya change the formation on the PL one? i have 3-4-3 but want 4-4-2

Mushy wrote:
    Can ya change the formation on the PL one? i have 3-4-3 but want 4-4-2
    Just replace a defender with a stiker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement