Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football: Irishgamer.ie's Fantasy World Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Joined the Metro one just there. Good work EB, Metro looks a lot better then any of the other ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Roddy23 wrote:
    Joined the Metro one just there. Good work EB, Metro looks a lot better then any of the other ones.
    Wasn't me that posted the link originally but anyway. :)

I've gone with:

Barthez

Zambrotta
    Kromkamp
    Gallas
    Puyol

Ronaldinho
    Nakamura
    Ljunberg
    Kranjcar

Totti
    van Nistelrooy

I orignally had Larsson and Zurawski in but swapped them for Cabanas (sub) and Totti. Larsson and Zurawski will probably score a couple in the group stages. Larsson should murder T&T. :) Overall though I prefer the team I changed it to. Totti's as much as a forward as Ronaldinho is so I don't see why they're both not in the same section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Lex Luthor wrote:
    the id needs to be a 4 digit code. The name is no good. Whoever set up the league needs to request the number through the invite link.

My bad group code is 4425

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

my team(premierleague.com)
    Reina
    Terry
    Carragher
    Heinze
    Maniche
    Gilberto Silva
    Cole J
    Luis Garcia
    Baros
    Cisse
    Van Nistelrooy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

ok so what one are we using then and what passwords do i need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ok, i've entered all of them, which one are we actually going to use :)
    I figure I gotta win one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

For premierleague site I've gone with....

Lehmann

Vidic
    Terry (Captain)
    Gallas
    Heinze

Gerrard
    Cole
    Cahill
    Ballack

Viduka
    Borgetti
    Baros

Hiddink (Manager)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

which one is most people using cos i have no idea? the metro one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

nurse_baz wrote:
    which one is most people using cos i have no idea? the metro one??
    I'm in all three leagues, beats sitting here working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Has anyone got a Group ID# and Password for the Yahoo one yet????

EDIT: I'm in:

Group ID#: 4425

Password: boardsie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Irishgamer.ie is a brand new games website that is launching on the 16th of June. For their launch, Irishgamer are sponsoring our World Cup Fantasy League.

To join the league, just go to fantasy.premierleague.com, pick a team and input the code 204263-37725 when joining a league.

The winner will receive 3 games for the gaming platform of their choice from a list of titles Irishgamer.ie have.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why are there 2 seperate boards leagues? Surely one is enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think Kdjac wants it so that there's one like the Boards Amazon €50 league and then just an all Boards one, like it was for the Premier League.

ps. Shev is in there for 10 million now.

Today's the last day to join.

so which one are most people using i have set up the yahoo one but is there many using the premierleague one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Just had a quick look at teams entered in the boards yahoo league - not many seem to have their team set up properly at present...

As I understand it you can change your team around with the squad pretty much everyday - so day 1 you'd like to use your german and polish players, day 2 you'll want english and ivory coast etc.

At present everyone seems to have their captain set to Henry or Ronaldinho - whoever they think the best player is. The captain should change all the time though for best results - i.e. ballack on day 1 if he plays, Crouch on day 2 etc.

That's my understanding of the rules anyway - you need to set your squad up so you can have as many players playing all the time as possible.

BFassassin wrote:
    so which one are most people using i have set up the yahoo one but is there many using the premierleague one

The Fantasy Premier League one is the only one with prizes. The code is 204263-37725

ive signed up to it now too
    why not do both i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

just squeaked in........
    :D
    the Irish Rovers ride again!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Is the yahoo one like the FF one where the subs are automatically made when a player is not pl;aying

• Advertisement

And I thought Lehmann would be a good choice for goalkeeper :(

The points seem weird. Owen got 4 points for doing SFA and only playing 55 minutes and Joe Cole got 4 for some strange reason.

You need to be constantly changing daily for the yahoo one to make the most out of it. Picking the best 23 players is not the route to go down but picking the best from a few teams is. I'm off to a slow start but I have a lot of players on the bench that will pick me up in the coming days.

Lehmann is now dropped in favour of Sheva.

Sticking with one keeper as they don't seem to pick up many points and going with 9 strikers, 7 midfielders and 6 defenders. Lets hope my plan pays off.

Off to a good start on the PL one apart from Lehmann. Dropped for next phase for Robinson. Terry as captain got me going.

Did anyone in work go for the names in the hat, all throw in a few quid and pick out a team?

We got 8 of us and got a group each which we thought was the fairest option. Happy enough with my Group F...:D

Lex Luthor wrote:

Did anyone in work go for the names in the hat, all throw in a few quid and pick out a team?

We got 8 of us and got a group each which we thought was the fairest option. Happy enough with my Group F...:D

Yep, we all put in a fiver and drew a team each. I got Ivory Coast :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Lex Luthor wrote:

We did this. 32 people went in @ €10 each. Winner takes all. I got, wait for it...............

Tunisia. :(

Not a bad start for me in the premiership one. 23 points from 4 players so far. I got Shevchenko in late so hopefully he plays. Only 9% of teams have Sheva and he's relatively cheap.

besty wrote:
    We did this. 32 people went in @ €10 each. Winner takes all. I got, wait for it...............

Tunisia. :(
    i done this @€;10 as well and got czech republic which im reasonably happy with as i think there is 1st 2nd and 3rd place prize money

eirebhoy wrote:
    Not a bad start for me in the premiership one. 23 points from 4 players so far. I got Shevchenko in late so hopefully he plays. Only 9% of teams have Sheva and he's relatively cheap.

I've 11 from four. Looks like you could be the early leader!

BFassassin wrote:
    i done this @€;10 as well and got czech republic which im reasonably happy with as i think there is 1st 2nd and 3rd place prize money
    I did for ten euro aswell and got England. Happy days. And in the FF I ahve 25 points out of six players so good start

got 24pts from 6 players and still Sheva and Cahill to play for me, so starting a lot better than in the EPL last year.

I just put in the code & password for the yahoo one and it has put me at the bottom of the table with 0pts although I have accumulated 80.5 already. Whats up with that?

Can someone else click on my team (Accrington Stanley) and see what pts are showing up for me? When I do it shows 80.5, but in the group it shows 0...?????????????

• Advertisement

Top of the boards prem league for the time being! :)

my points all updated this morning...sorry eirebhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's been a bad few days for me,
    Ballack was injured(didn't know)
    Ronaldo subbed off
    Ruud subbed off
    Lampard didn't score.

Nonetheless, on 22, so come on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

only 19 points for me but half my team has not played yet

I stupidly wasted a substitution by putting Gerrard in the team and then replacing him with Lampard. :) Anyway, hopefully no injuries as I have no more subs to use for gameweek 2.

On 2 players on my Metro team have played so far.

I'll wait a few days before making any subs, although I've dropped Lehmann already so 3 left to use. Anyone know what the deadline is for subs for Group Phase 2? The site is down at the moment.

Robben saved me this week...

Still got Cahill, Viduka, Gallas & Sheva to play this week and Hiddink also.

I would like one of the above not to play as my sub is Nuno Valente and he got 5pts last night. Chances of all of the above getting 5 each is slim. Sheva might get me 10 though...:D :D

I have a nose bleed at the moment...not used to being this far up the table...

2 Words....Tim CAHILL:D

I had Rosicky and Nakamura in my Metro team. :) They're all doing it for me.

I have Rosicky in my FF team so when he is added i=on Il be up 2 42 points wit Gilberto, Sheva,Henry and the Brazilian manager still to get me points.
    PS. I cant believe Roy has retired

• Advertisement

i had rosiky in as my captain today :D

jimmyboy wrote:
    I have Rosicky in my FF team so when he is added i=on Il be up 2 42 points wit Gilberto, Sheva,Henry and the Brazilian manager still to get me points.
    PS. I cant believe Roy has retired
    good work jimmy....I'm up to 47 after today..can't believe I forgot about Rosicky...I have him in my yahoo team but forgot about him in the PL one.
    Gallas & Sheva left for me this week, so its hotting up at the top.
    (Lucky 13)

GW1 over...just goes to show it's not over till the last game...well done eirebhoy...just pipped me in the last game.

Roll on GW2...anybody make any changes? I used all my 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Hmm is this the premierleague version you're referring to?

Yeah I've used all 4 changes, you really are limited for choice though :/

Lex Luthor wrote:
    GW1 over...just goes to show it's not over till the last game...well done eirebhoy...just pipped me in the last game.

Roll on GW2...anybody make any changes? I used all my 4.
    I put Lampard in as he'll probably get a goal/assist against T&T. Switched Terry to my captain as he'll most likely keep a clean sheet and a treat at set pieces.

I put Sheva in as captain because Tunisia or the Saudis didn't look up to much this evening.

Got rid of Baros and Borgetti because both are injured and C. Ronaldo because he's a waste of space half the time.

• Advertisement

I've already started to panic AS USUAL and dropped Robben as I thought he wouldn't be up to much against the Argies...brought in Ballack for him but he didn't do as much as I thought he would.

The only good thing I did was not to switch from Terry as capt to Ballack yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Damn i was sure i had changed my captain to Gerrard!!

eirebhoy wrote:
    I stupidly wasted a substitution by putting Gerrard in the team and then replacing him with Lampard. :) Anyway, hopefully no injuries as I have no more subs to use for gameweek 2.

On 2 players on my Metro team have played so far.
    I should have stuck with Gerrard.

And to make it worse, it was Ljunberg who Lampard replaced. :o

three scoreers for me so far. gerrard, crouch and ljungberg and clean sheet from robinson, terry and melberg. 40 points from 6 players. gr8 start for GW2

• Advertisement
Advertisement