Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football: Irishgamer.ie's Fantasy World Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jimmyboy wrote:
    three scoreers for me so far. gerrard, crouch and ljungberg and clean sheet from robinson, terry and melberg. 40 points from 6 players. gr8 start for GW2
    excellent scoring jimmy...and most of it picked up in the last few mins of each game...this WC FF is great...scoring changing every game and top position moving around so much.

eirebhoy wrote:
    And to make it worse, it was Ljunberg who Lampard replaced. :o
    I feel your pain eirebhoy...I dropped Robben for Ballack cos I thought Holland were playing Argie today....was looking at the wrong gameweek.
    Robben will now score again I bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Its Friday that can only mean one thing. Pighedas gonna annoy all and sundry by bragging loud and bragging proud. For all those who can't stand people who are obviously superior than they they are look away.... NOW.

Not a bad start for Pighead. Was hoping to have reached the 100 points mark at this stage but I suppose 93 will have to do. Captain Crouch does the business. 4 clean sheets at the back. Rosicky Garcia Maniche Robben Henry and Crespo to come. Oh and the Czech manager as well.
    Eat Pigheads dust suckers!

Pighead wrote:
    Its Friday that can only mean one thing. Pighedas gonna annoy all and sundry by bragging loud and bragging proud. For all those who can't stand people who are obviously superior than they they are look away.... NOW.

Not a bad start for Pighead. Was hoping to have reached the 100 points mark at this stage but I suppose 93 will have to do. Captain Crouch does the business. 4 clean sheets at the back. Rosicky Garcia Maniche Robben Henry and Crespo to come. Oh and the Czech manager as well.
    You sure its not Bighead?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Lex Luthor wrote:
    You sure its not Bighead?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

My team selections are not paying off at all. I've been scoring very poorly to date. This GW has started better but it's not looking good.

Cech
    Eboue
    Carvalho
    Silvestre

Gerrard
    Alonso
    Ronaldo
    Makelele

Henry
    Van Nistelrooy
    Shevchenko

Edit; I just went on a transfer binge.

Sheva out Crouch in
    Henry out Van Persie in
    Alonso out Rosicky in
    Makelele out Robben in

besty wrote:
    My team selections are not paying off at all. I've been scoring very poorly to date. This GW has started better but it's not looking good.

Cech
    Eboue
    Carvalho
    Silvestre

Gerrard
    Alonso
    Ronaldo
    Makelele

Henry
    Van Nistelrooy
    Shevchenko

Edit; I just went on a transfer binge.

Sheva out Crouch in
    Henry out Van Persie in
    Alonso out Rosicky in
    Makelele out Robben in
    are these for GW3?

You'd be better off waiting until the last game of Week 2 is finished before making any changes because with only 2 yellow cards needed for a ban for the 3rd game, its very easy for players to miss the 3rd game week. The Drogba ban has forced me to lose him for GW3 even though I was planning on keeping him. Thrown a bit of a spanner in the works for my planning for GW3, so a bit of extra thought required now.

Are the yellow cards that are gained in the group stages, reset once they get into the knockout stages?

I'm guessing the knockout stages are classed the same way as the group stages? 2 yellows up to the final means you miss the next game?

Pighead wrote:
    Oh and the Czech manager as well.
    :eek: Is Pighead slipping up?

looks like jimmy has aken the lead with 65 points for GW2 and Shevas stl to play. Bet now that I'll do sh1t in GW3

jimmyboy wrote:
    looks like jimmy has aken the lead with 65 points for GW2 and Shevas stl to play. Bet now that I'll do sh1t in GW3
    Nice work Jimmy...a certain someone is very quiet alright.

GW3 is going to be a pig to pick with a lot of the top teams already qualified and not knowing which players are going to be played or not. Sven is already talking about dropping 2 out of Crouch/Lampard & Gerrard.

I don't think much work is going to be done today or tomorrow looking at all the different transfer permutations I need to make.

Hopefully Sheva can pull a few out of the hat today alright....

• Advertisement

I say sheva will be good 4 GW2 and 3 as they have tunisia and the saudis so they wont be dropping any payers.Alonso wud probably be another good player to have for GW2 +3

jimmyboy wrote:
    I say sheva will be good 4 GW2 and 3 as they have tunisia and the saudis so they wont be dropping any payers.Alonso wud probably be another good player to have for GW2 +3
    depending on whether alonso picks up a yellow today and if they have qualified or not, he might not play

Pighead expects the Legendary Luis Garcia to bang in a couple toda and re-establish the legendary Pigheads lead at the top. I really can't understand why I'm still not top of the pile and I suspect that there may have been a mix up by the lad who tots up the scores but I shan't worry as I will be back.
    Bigger Better Stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ugh. With all this talk of Gerrard and Crouch not playing in the GW3, I'm regretting some of my changes. As Lex Luthor suggested, I should have waited a bit before making such a radical overhaul - oh well, as is the appeal of fantasy management!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fúck Shevchenko anyways. I had a decent position today, but I am one of the few in one of my leagues who doesnt have that him, much less as captain :( . Went from second, to 6th because of him. JERK.

Some clever transfers needed tomorrow, as it is probably very important you hold onto players who are guaranteed to have at least one more match after game week 3.

gimmick wrote:
    Fúck Shevchenko anyways. I had a decent position today, but I am one of the few in one of my leagues who doesnt have that him, much less as captain :( . Went from second, to 6th because of him. JERK.

Some clever transfers needed tomorrow, as it is probably very important you hold onto players who are guaranteed to have at least one more match after game week 3.
    I think you are allowed a complete overhaul of the squad after the group stages, with unlimited transfers every round after that. Remember, points are also doubled in the knockout stages so captain could make or break your week.

Just made my 4 transfers. It was a tough decision. Not going to reveal my hand though as I still have a chance to stay in the top few positions.

Thanks to Sheva, he saved me at teh last minute and kept me in contention.

Confirmed that Crouch & Gerrard will not play tonight...Ballack is also been considered not to be risked as he is on a yellow.

J ust lookin at your team lex and I noticed we have 7 of the same players. Thats the bad thing about only pickin premiership players, most teams are relitively the same due to the lack of choice

jimmyboy wrote:
    J ust lookin at your team lex and I noticed we have 7 of the same players. Thats the bad thing about only pickin premiership players, most teams are relitively the same due to the lack of choice
    I seen that too jimmy, thats why I'm doing the yahoo one aswell. Much better choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Good start to this gameweek for me. Ballack set one up and Lehmann kept a clean sheet and got a bonus point for making a few saves.

• Advertisement

Pighead had Lehman too of course. Another day, another bucketful of points. No offence Lemlin but the rest of your midfield looks pretty damn shoddy. Guessing you didn't get a chance to make your transfers in time. Sickener.

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead had Lehman too of course. Another day, another bucketful of points. No offence Lemlin but the rest of your midfield looks pretty damn shoddy. Guessing you didn't get a chance to make your transfers in time. Sickener.

Checking out my team.... someone must be running scared :D

I have my own reasons for thinking my other three midfielders, Joe Cole, Park and Makele, will pick me up a few points. They're a cheap option anyway, I'd prefer to spend my money on my defence, attack and manager.

Of course, there's also the fact that I can't win to be factored into the equation anyway, so it's not my team you should be worrying about in the first place.

Pighead wrote:
    Your midfield isn't so hot either Pighead..but time will tell. Rosicky against the Italians, Maniche who really hasn't scored big pts yet and Robben against the Argies? Only Fabregas to speak up of but you never know.

Were you feeling a bit left out not having Sheva with all the points he got us last week? And I thought you loved the Legendary Garcia? You suddenly don't think he's a legend anymore? Don't understand either why you swapped Melberg for Gallas? You fancy England to score but yet you don't have any English players with a goal in them? Me thinks Pighead is losing the plot...:p

I'm hoping my decision to keep Lampard instead of Ballck will pay off with Ballack already picking up 6pts. I fancy Owen tonight to score after Lampard shot parried by the keeper. Goal & assist for 2 of my players.

Could someone please look at my team on yahoo cause I dont think the points add up right. http://en.fifaworldcup.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ff/83921?date=2006-06-20&stat_type=S
    cheers
    Jimmy

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Your midfield isn't so hot either Pighead..but time will tell. Rosicky against the Italians, Maniche who really hasn't scored big pts yet and Robben against the Argies? Only Fabregas to speak up of but you never know.

Were you feeling a bit left out not having Sheva with all the points he got us last week? And I thought you loved the Legendary Garcia? You suddenly don't think he's a legend anymore? Don't understand either why you swapped Melberg for Gallas? You fancy England to score but yet you don't have any English players with a goal in them? Me thinks Pighead is losing the plot...:p

I'm hoping my decision to keep Lampard instead of Ballck will pay off with Ballack already picking up 6pts. I fancy Owen tonight to score after Lampard shot parried by the keeper. Goal & assist for 2 of my players.

My midfield isn't so hot?! Are you having a laugh Lex Luther? Maniche against
    Mexico is gonna show us what hes made of and theres definitely a goal and an assist in him. Remember this lad scored 2 wonder goals in the last major championships.

Rosicky is a class player and also a big game player. He'll relish the chance to play against an Italian midfield shorn of their bully boy De Rossi. And as for Robben he has looked very good the last couple of games and I expect him to put in a good performance against the Argies. Garcia is dropped because I don't like what hes done to his hair. Thats the kind of ruthless streak that will win me this damn league.

And you ask me why I swapped Mellberg for Gallas? What a strange strange question. Heres a clue. France are playing Toga and England are playing Sweden. Its not rocket science buddy.

And yes I do think England will score but I also think the French will score and they will find it easier to do so against the Togans, hence the 2 French strikers. Shevs in because hes up against the Tunisians and I expect him to score. And why would I feel left out with Shev scoring last week. ALL MY STRIKERS SCORED LAST WEEK.

Face it Lex theres absolutely no eveidence of Pighead losing the plot. In fact the veidence suggest hes getting better every day. When it comes to Fantasy Football you may be Lex Luthor but Its patently obvious that I am Superman.

Pighead wrote:
    My midfield isn't so hot?! Are you having a laugh Lex Luther? Maniche against
    Mexico is gonna show us what hes made of and theres definitely a goal and an assist in him. Remember this lad scored 2 wonder goals in the last major championships.

Rosicky is a class player and also a big game player. He'll relish the chance to play against an Italian midfield shorn of their bully boy De Rossi. And as for Robben he has looked very good the last couple of games and I expect him to put in a good performance against the Argies. Garcia is dropped because I don't like what hes done to his hair. Thats the kind of ruthless streak that will win me this damn league.

And you ask me why I swapped Mellberg for Gallas? What a strange strange question. Heres a clue. France are playing Toga and England are playing Sweden. Its not rocket science buddy.

And yes I do think England will score but I also think the French will score and they will find it easier to do so against the Togans, hence the 2 French strikers. Shevs in because hes up against the Tunisians and I expect him to score. And why would I feel left out with Shev scoring last week. ALL MY STRIKERS SCORED LAST WEEK.

Face it Lex theres absolutely no eveidence of Pighead losing the plot. In fact the veidence suggest hes getting better every day. When it comes to Fantasy Football you may be Lex Luthor but Its patently obvious that I am Superman.

So what happened you in the Premiership Fantasy League?

Owen has gone off after about 2 minutes Lex, no goal for you there.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:

Guess you should start to learn from the Fantasy Football master. J. Cole has just scored. What was that about a shoddy midfield?

Lemlin wrote:
    So what happened you in the Premiership Fantasy League?

Owen has gone off after about 2 minutes Lex, no goal for you there.
    Finished about 100th in the boards league. Unfortunately my season was ravaged with late Friday night drinking sessions and failing to get up in time to change my time on Saturday morning .

However as I've demonstrated during this world cup campaign I'm totally focused this time around and I've put a stop to the late night drinking sessions. In short I'm back to my best.

Lex what were you thinking off starting Owen up front. Rookie error. PM Pighead for some advice in the next round. I'm always here.

Lemlin wrote:
    Guess you should start to learn from the Fantasy Football master. J. Cole has just scored. What was that about a shoddy midfield?

Lemlin Pighead has misjudged your managerial abilities. I had you down as a bottom half of the premiership type manager. A David O Leary if you will. However I just reckon that you may have enough to break into the elite top 10. Well done Lemlin Jewell

Pighead wrote:
    Finished about 100th in the boards league. Unfortunately my season was ravaged with late Friday night drinking sessions and failing to get up in time to change my time on Saturday morning .

However as I've demonstrated during this world cup campaign I'm totally focused this time around and I've put a stop to the late night drinking sessions. In short I'm back to my best.

A terrible excuse. I might accept that if you couldn't change your team all week but you could. So, how exactly did going out on a Friday night hamper your preparations? I always made my transfers at college during the week.

Pighead wrote:
    Lemlin Pighead has misjudged your managerial abilities. I had you down as a bottom half of the premiership type manager. A David O Leary if you will. However I just reckon that you may have enough to break into the elite top 10. Well done Lemlin Jewell

My first season in the Premiership FF and I won every league I entered - the two Boards ones, the Newstalk 106 one, one with my mates and the official Blackburn one. I think that should be Lemlin Mourinho :D

Lemlin wrote:
    A terrible excuse. I might accept that if you couldn't change your team all week but you could. So, how exactly did going out on a Friday night hamper your preparations? I always made my transfers at college during the week.

Poor old Pighead is misunderstood gain! When I say I started drinking on a Friday and finished on a Saturday I'm talking 8 days. And most of the bars I frequent don't tend to be wireless hotspots.

Lemlin wrote:
    My first season in the Premiership FF and I won every league I entered - the two Boards ones, the Newstalk 106 one, one with my mates and the official Blackburn one. I think that should be Lemlin Mourinho :D

Leeds won the League in 1992. They've won fcuk all since though. One season wonders my friend. Finish top of this league and Pighead might re-assess his opinion. There is a new sober kid on the block Lemlin and hes gonna win everything he enters this year. (By the way in case you didn't realise, that new kid is Pighead)

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Leeds won the League in 1992. They've won fcuk all since though. One season wonders my friend. Finish top of this league and Pighead might re-assess his opinion. There is a new sober kid on the block Lemlin and hes gonna win everything he enters this year. (By the way in case you didn't realise, that new kid is Pighead)

Ah young Padowan, I think you'll find that the master is now above you once more. Order has been restored to the force and I suspect it will stay that way.

jimmyboy wrote:
    Could someone please look at my team on yahoo cause I dont think the points add up right. http://en.fifaworldcup.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ff/83921?date=2006-06-20&stat_type=S
    cheers
    Jimmy
    Jimmy, the points only get added from the active players on the day they played...if you don't make them active, they still score points but they don't get added to your overall score.

Bad start to the week, but I've been doing that in GW1 & GW2. The Aussies will drag me back up later in the week.

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Jimmy, the points only get added from the active players on the day they played...if you don't make them active, they still score points but they don't get added to your overall score.

Bad start to the week, but I've been doing that in GW1 & GW2. The Aussies will drag me back up later in the week.

I'd my best day yet. Got 6 points for Ballack, 10 for Cole and 7 for Lehmann. Terry with 1 point was my only disappointment. I'm right back up in second now.

Lemlin wrote:
    I'd my best day yet. Got 6 points for Ballack, 10 for Cole and 7 for Lehmann. Terry with 1 point was my only disappointment. I'm right back up in second now.
    Lemlins such a bragger isn't he?

Pighead wrote:
    Lemlins such a bragger isn't he?

Ahem...
    Pighead wrote:

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead wrote:
    Lex what were you thinking off starting Owen up front. Rookie error. PM Pighead for some advice in the next round. I'm always here.

And those are just a few I found in about two minutes :D

Theres a huge difference between bragging and confidence Lemlin you rascal you.
    Let me state right here and now that Pighead shall finish in front of you in this Fantasy Football World Cup League.

And to spice it up a little bit the loser has to start a thread in After Hours entitled "The Mods are Spanners: Discuss."
    Agreed?

Pighead wrote:
    Let me state right here and now that Pighead shall finish in front of you in this Fantasy Football World Cup League.
    Thought you were gonna walk away with it?;)

Pighead wrote:
    Theres a huge difference between bragging and confidence Lemlin you rascal you.

And to spice it up a little bit the loser has to start a thread in After Hours entitled "The Mods are Spanners:Discuss."
    Agreed?

If you don't mind starting a thread like that so be it :D

By the way, for anyone that is interested, www.irishgamer.ie. sponsor of the fantasy league here, is now live.

what's the procedure for the knockout stages? all the site says is that the transfers will be unlimited. Does this mean you pick a starting 11 daily and choose a captain?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Thought you were gonna walk away with it?;)

Au Contaire Lex, believe it or not Pighead is delighted that he has at last been challenged for top spot. To be honest I was losing interest and my edge had been blunted. Now I'm razor sharp and can't wait to hear the howls of anguish from the "competition" as I end the tournament on top where I belong.
    Lemlin wrote:
    If you don't mind starting a thread like that so be it

Listen pal there are a measly 6 points between us today. You have 2 playing today and Pighead has 2 playing today. My two are Maniche(Legend) and Robben(Superstar).

You're two are Carvalho(doubt he'll get a clean sheet) and Van Persie(Can't see him scoring today). No offence pal but I know which 2 i'd rather have. Consider that 6 point gap closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pighead wrote:
    Now I'm razor sharp and can't wait to hear the howls of anguish from the "competition" as I end the tournament on top where I belong.

Are these the first instances where Pighead has slipped up from constanlt refering to himself in the third person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It looks like Robben will be rested. I hope you had a better sub than I did (A Cole)!

eirebhoy wrote:
    It looks like Robben will be rested. I hope you had a better sub than I did (A Cole)!
    Pigheads confident Lucas Neill will come in and do a job for him. As well as having a magnificent 1st 11, my bench is phenomonal too.

Maniche scores!!!!! Looks like its gonna be a gr8 week for Pighead unlike me who was in the lead but now will probably slip to about 8 after this horrible start

jimmyboy wrote:
    Maniche scores!!!!! Looks like its gonna be a gr8 week for Pighead unlike me who was in the lead but now will probably slip to about 8 after this horrible start
    So far so bad for me this week.:o

Pighead wrote:

Listen pal there are a measly 6 points between us today. You have 2 playing today and Pighead has 2 playing today. My two are Maniche(Legend) and Robben(Superstar).

You're two are Carvalho(doubt he'll get a clean sheet) and Van Persie(Can't see him scoring today). No offence pal but I know which 2 i'd rather have. Consider that 6 point gap closed.

And I'm still ahead of you Pighead, what exactly is going wrong here? You're beginning to sound like Drogba that time he said he was the best striker in Africa only to play in the Cup final and miss a host of chances ;)

Lemlin wrote:
    And I'm still ahead of you Pighead, what exactly is going wrong here? You're beginning to sound like Drogba that time he said he was the best striker in Africa only to play in the Cup final and miss a host of chances ;)
    Eh have you even checked my team out? Pighead has 7 players still to play this gameweek. You have 5. And seeing as I'm only 4 points behind you I think its quite obvious that normal service shall be resumed come Friday evening.

You must remember Lemlin that you are my inferior. You cannot beat Pighead(at anything)

Pighead wrote:
    Eh have you even checked my team out? Pighead has 7 players still to play this gameweek. You have 5. And seeing as I'm only 4 points behind you I think its quite obvious that normal service shall be resumed come Friday evening.

You must remember Lemlin that you are my inferior. You cannot beat Pighead(at anything)

And the Fantasy Premier League that I beat you at?

Lemlin wrote:
    And the Fantasy Premier League that I beat you at?
    Sorry you're right. I'll rephrase that.
    You cannot beat Pighead (at anything whilst he's sober)

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Sorry you're right. I'll rephrase that.
    You cannot beat Pighead (at anything whilst he's sober)

Artificial claims of drunkeness. You're getting desperate now. Lemlin Mourinho will soon show his supremacy once more.

You remind me of Kevein Keegan in the England job, the pressure will soon get to you and then you'll disappear never to be seen again.

Advertisement