Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football: Irishgamer.ie's Fantasy World Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead reminds me of Alex Ferguson. Takes no shit, hated by many and loves his scotch. I reckon the key to who will be ahead this gameweek will be our captains.
    Henry V Shevchenko.
    Who will prevail?
    Pighead and Thierry FTW.
    By the way have you agreed to putting that thread up in After Hours if/when you lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead reminds me of Alex Ferguson. Takes no shit, hated by many and loves his scotch. I reckon the key to who will be ahead this gameweek will be our captains.
    Henry V Shevchenko.
    Who will prevail?
    Pighead and Thierry FTW.
    By the way have you agreed to putting that thread up in After Hours if/when you lose?

Yeah, no bother. I won't be losing though. Henry couldn't score in a brothel for France half the time.

Lemlin wrote:
    Yeah, no bother. I won't be losing though. Henry couldn't score in a brothel for France half the time.

Half the time? You mean 1 goal for every 2 games? Hmmm thats a pretty good average in anybodys book. Shevchenko has 30 goals in 66 international matches. Does this mean that Shev couldn't score in a Ukrainian brothel slightly more than half the time?

Face it Lemlin you're on the ropes and you're starting to babble like my old friend Babbly McBabblerson. Give up the ghost.Concentrate on your "The Sunday Game" League. Pighead has this league wrapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lemlin wrote:
    You remind me of Kevein Keegan in the England job, the pressure will soon get to you and then you'll disappear never to be seen again.
    Actually, that's me at the moment Lemlin...dropped to 15th place but very few points between me & top 5, so hopefully a good few goals from the aussies tonight will give me a boost. No doubt they'll be followed by a few yellow cards again with the aussies & the croats kicking lumps out of each other.

Pighead wrote:
    Half the time? You mean 1 goal for every 2 games? Hmmm thats a pretty good average in anybodys book. Shevchenko has 30 goals in 66 international matches. Does this mean that Shev couldn't score in a Ukrainian brothel slightly more than half the time?

Face it Lemlin you're on the ropes and you're starting to babble like my old friend Babbly McBabblerson. Give up the ghost.Concentrate on your "The Sunday Game" League. Pighead has this league wrapped up.

You're paying an awful lot of attention to my team and the leagues I'm in. If I'm Lemlin Mourinho, you must be Arsene Pighead the "voyeur" :D

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    You're paying an awful lot of attention to my team and the leagues I'm in. If I'm Lemlin Mourinho, you must be Arsene Pighead the "voyeur" :D
    The Day Of Reckoning has arrived Lemlin. By that I mean todays the day when I overtake you for the 1st and last time. This time there will be no claming your way back into contention. I hope that you've learned from this experience.
    Thank you and goodnight

Pighead wrote:
    The Day Of Reckoning has arrived Lemlin. By that I mean todays the day when I overtake you for the 1st and last time. This time there will be no claming your way back into contention. I hope that you've learned from this experience.
    Thank you and goodnight

My captain Sheva has started the day well for me.

Lemlin wrote:
    My captain Sheva has started the day well for me.
    Pighead reckons that 2 goals from my captain Henry should be enough to put me back on top. And lets face it. The master will get at least 2 goals. I also expect Saha to come off the bench to bag one late on.

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead reckons that 2 goals from my captain Henry should be enough to put me back on top. And lets face it. The master will get at least 2 goals. I also expect Saha to come off the bench to bag one late on.
    I hope you're right about Henry...I need some points to get some respect from GW3...terrible

All to do for next round

Pighead wrote:

I'll be amazed if Terry scores more than one for France.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    I'll be amazed if Terry scores more than one for France.
    You have seen Thierry Henry play before right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Pighead wrote:
    Yeah, he's on par with Robbie Keane at international level. :) With the team France currently play though they're counting on him to get the goals.

What's the situation for transfers now we are in the knockout stages? How many do we have?

Pighead wrote:

What did I say? You've obviously seen Henry play alot for Arsenal but not for France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lex Luthor wrote:
    What's the situation for transfers now we are in the knockout stages? How many do we have?
    Unlimited transfers.

Lemlin wrote:
    What did I say? You've obviously seen Henry play alot for Arsenal but not for France.

He could have got 2 quite easily tonight if he'd have had a decent strike partner. Trezeguet put paid to that though. Can't believe Domenech didn't bring Saha on in the 2nd half. What a shoody manager he is.

Anyway, although Pigheads not happy with his 2nd place he knows for a fact he can improve on that in the 2nd round.. Take time over your transfers Lemlin. One bad decision and its Game Over for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

I' ll take 3rd place coming from an awful start to this GW. Henrya nd Sheva brought it back for me.
    Now for GW4 my half of my team depends on England doing well and if dey keep a clean sheet all the better

Pighead wrote:
    He could have got 2 quite easily tonight if he'd have had a decent strike partner. Trezeguet put paid to that though. Can't believe Domenech didn't bring Saha on in the 2nd half. What a shoody manager he is.

Anyway, although Pigheads not happy with his 2nd place he knows for a fact he can improve on that in the 2nd round.. Take time over your transfers Lemlin. One bad decision and its Game Over for you.

And Ireland could eaisly have beaten Israel twice and be at the World Cup but they're not :) Terry doesn't play well for France, that's just the way it is.

I didn't have much respect for Domenech anyway but then I saw an interview with him where he said astrology helped him pick players for the squad!

The same goes for you. Just make sure you don't spend too much time looking at my time and wondering what I'm doing next Mr Voyeur.

Pighead wrote:
    Can't believe Domenech didn't bring Saha on in the 2nd half. What a shoody manager he is.
    I can believe it all right...thats Domenech for ya...Saha would definitely have made a huge difference. Trez should have put Henry through on more than one occasion and he didn't.

Roll on GW4...hope its better than last week....Back into the Top 10 at least

Just looking at whats left to choose from...I'd say everyone will have very similar teams. The double points will make a huge difference so capt choice will be crucial...

Just picked my team for GW4....happy enough with my choices..lets hope they pay off. Not sure about what capt to choose though

I've been back twice and made a few changes already, just can't make my mind up. Lets hope there is no vodoo curse on England or I'll die this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

99 points for me:(
    bad so far but still in with a shout:rolleyes:

Pigheads just made some fantastic alterations to his wonderful team. Its been a marvellous tournament for the chokers and I'm expecting another sensational points total this gameweek. Absolutely splendid.
    Wake up and change your team Lemlin. Pigheads wants to win this fair and square. Piggy Power.

Pighead wrote:
    Pigheads just made some fantastic alterations to his wonderful team. Its been a marvellous tournament for the chokers and I'm expecting another sensational points total this gameweek. Absolutely splendid.
    Wake up and change your team Lemlin. Pigheads wants to win this fair and square. Piggy Power.

I'm going to eat you for breakfast my little bacon friend. People must be sick of the sight of me on top of FF leagues :D

I increased my lead last gameweek and outscored you by 14 points bacon boy, I plan to do the same this gameweek.

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm going to eat you for breakfast my little bacon friend. People must be sick of the sight of me on top of FF leagues :D

I increased my lead last gameweek and outscored you by 14 points bacon boy, I plan to do the same this gameweek.

Pighead vill crush you.

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead vill crush you.
    Surprised you dropped Maniche...I thought he was a legend to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Oh it's on!!
    3rd place and climbing steadily :)

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Surprised you dropped Maniche...I thought he was a legend to you?
    It was a tough choice and Pighead didn't like doing it but I thought bringing Fabraegas in would compliment the team better. In fairness to Maniche he took the rejection well and said he understood completely.

Disappointed my captain Rooney didnt bag a goal for me but as long as Fabregasa outscores Alonso tomorrow night it won't have been too bad a gameweek.
    C'mon Cesc lets be aving you.

Pighead wrote:
    It was a tough choice and Pighead didn't like doing it but I thought bringing Fabraegas in would compliment the team better. In fairness to Maniche he took the rejection well and said he understood completely.

Disappointed my captain Rooney didnt bag a goal for me but as long as Fabregasa outscores Alonso tomorrow night it won't have been too bad a gameweek.
    Will Fab get a game? He's been used sparingly so far.....

As for maniche, I took your advice and picked him and I applaud you....I've climbed nicely up the table but with only Alonso left to play for me this week, I'm expecting a sharp fall again

Do clean sheets apply for the 90mins or if the game goes into extra time? I'd hate to think I was 20seconds away from a clean sheet with Cooper and lost it by that idiot Lucas Neill.

Pighead wrote:

You're as bad as Sven, playing an unfit captain ;)

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    You're as bad as Sven, playing an unfit captain ;)
    Never ever compare Pighead to that Swedish turnip. I see myself as more of a Kevin Keegan type adventurous crowd pleasing manager. Only difference being I win stuff and I most certainly ain't no bottler.
    Fabregas to propell Pighead back into top spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I'm up to second now. poor captain choices I fear have cost me dearly so far!

Pighead wrote:
    Fabregas to propell Pighead back into top spot.
    Not in this World Cup...

Up to 8th at the moment and with double points to be added, might even jump a place or 2.

Team selection for the 1/4 finals is done for the time being, but not too much to choose from and the games are hard to call. Should be an interesting one

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Not in this World Cup...

Up to 8th at the moment and with double points to be added, might even jump a place or 2.

Team selection for the 1/4 finals is done for the time being, but not too much to choose from and the games are hard to call. Should be an interesting one
    just realised double pts not added till 1/4 finals

The fun starts again tomorrow and Piglet still hasn't caught me.

Lemlin wrote:
    The fun starts again tomorrow and Piglet still hasn't caught me.
    Now listen here Lemlin Pighead strongly advices you to put on your helmet arm pads and knee pads too. Because you my friend are heading for a FALL. A mighty big FALL!

I've astonished myself yet again with the team I've picked for the quarter finals. Sometimes when I'm picking my team I feel as though I've been possessed by the ghost of Busby or maybe Ramsey.

Pigheads in your slipstream and he's about to go into overdrive. Watch this space.

• Advertisement

My team is in....not much choice there....

Then I wiped it clean to see if I could get another starting 11 and no chance, so I'll stick to what I have.

Best of luck everybody...I think this is the week that whoever comes out on top will be the winner because after this everyone will have the same starting 11.

Pighead wrote:
    Now listen here Lemlin Pighead strongly advices you to put on your helmet arm pads and knee pads too. Because you my friend are heading for a FALL. A mighty big FALL!

I've astonished myself yet again with the team I've picked for the quarter finals. Sometimes when I'm picking my team I feel as though I've been possessed by the ghost of Busby or maybe Ramsey.

Pigheads in your slipstream and he's about to go into overdrive. Watch this space.

What.... you mean you just picked about 7 English players again, including an injured captain :D

Shevchenko or Rooney?
    Shevchenko or Rooney?
    Shevchenko or Rooney?
    Shevchenko or Rooney?

I got 15mins to make my choice between these 2 strikers....what do you think?

Both playing against tough defences....

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Shevchenko or Rooney?
    Shevchenko or Rooney?
    Shevchenko or Rooney?
    Shevchenko or Rooney?

I got 15mins to make my choice between these 2 strikers....what do you think?

Both playing against tough defences....

Italy's defence is far tougher than Portugal's but Sheva is far fitter than Rooney. I'm sticking with Shevchenko.

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm sticking with Shevchenko.
    me too....

• Advertisement

32 points today. Not bad. I've extended my leave at the top but anything could happen with double points...

except Piglet overtaking me of course :p

up to 6th myself with 24pts from yesterday from 3 players & my manager. Only downside is I've used my captain and he didn't do well for me.

I think France could win this one tonight...not sure about the other game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Big jump up to 2nd - sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Yeah a bunch of new names in the top ten after that round

I really scuppered myself by picking a non-player :/

I'm in 7th. Can't win it anyway. My aim is to finish above Piglet!

Lemlin wrote:
    why not? I think anybody above 270 still has a chance....

Lex Luthor wrote:
    why not? I think anybody above 270 still has a chance....

Check out my sig. I work for the sponsors so can't win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

1st by 1 point brilliant. It all goes down to who you pick as captain and which manager now

jimmyboy wrote:
    1st by 1 point brilliant. It all goes down to who you pick as captain and which manager now
    I was able to pick 11 players, 10 of them I know will play in the semi's, the 11th is probably not going to play and my 12th player is Crouch cos he's the cheapest forward. I opted for Lehmann instead of Robinson last week and threw away 12pts and my capt was rubbish.
    Lehmann it has to be now. Captain choice is going to be crucial. Manager choice will be just lucky.

At least with France playing Portugal, there will be at least 4 players to choose from that side for the final. With only 10pts between the top 10, it can be won by anyone....whats the prize anyway?

Lemlin wrote:

Pigheads aim is to climb Mount Everest and be met at the top by two scantily clad Swedish strippers offering to breath life into my hypothermic willy. . Like your aim though, I have a horrible feeling that its not gonna happen.

Choose wisely Mr Lemlin as we both know there is a whole lot of pride at stake here. Whoever wins this tussle is obviously the greater man.

Can't believe that its impossible to pick a 1st 11. What a sham of a competition. Pigheads outraged. The victory shall still be mine though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement