Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football: Irishgamer.ie's Fantasy World Cup

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

At ths point, the only real differences between the teams will be manager, and captain. Very hard to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

gimmick wrote:
    At ths point, the only real differences between the teams will be manager, and captain. Very hard to call.
    so I'm guessing most people will be choosing the obvious choice of Henry as captain & either Domenech or Klinnsman as manager, so the only way to make a stab at making an 11th hr jump to the top is to go the opposite to the norm and hope for the best.....come on Portugal.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ha Ha Ha. Lemlin fell into the Henry as Captain trao. He He He. You battled manfully all the way buddy but your nerves betrayed you in the end. Ballack was the obvious candidate for captain this game week. Hes a cert to score a penalty against the dirty Italians. Henry will not score this gameweek and you can take that fact to the bank.

I must admit you had Pighead worried for a couple of minutes last week but as always the cream has risen to the top. Well played Lemlin. You were a worthy competitor.

Pighead wrote:
    Ballack was the obvious candidate for captain this game week. Hes a cert to score a penalty against the dirty Italians.
    So why did you pick Saha then?

looks like I was right and everyone of you either picked Henry as capt or another frog...and Domenech or Klinsmann as Manager.....considering I'm in 9th position right now I've nothing to lose. So all I need is Portugal to beat France & keep a clean sheet and I'll go straight to top position. If my gamble doesn't pay off, it won't matter as I would never have caught Jimmy by going with the pack....

COME ON PORTUGAL........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pighead wrote:
    Ha Ha Ha. Lemlin fell into the Henry as Captain trao. He He He. You battled manfully all the way buddy but your nerves betrayed you in the end. Ballack was the obvious candidate for captain this game week. Hes a cert to score a penalty against the dirty Italians. Henry will not score this gameweek and you can take that fact to the bank.

I must admit you had Pighead worried for a couple of minutes last week but as always the cream has risen to the top. Well played Lemlin. You were a worthy competitor.

Ballack was the obvious choice but he didn't score, like I thought. He didn't actually score in the entire World Cup so he and Lampard both cost 11 million at the start of the league and neither scored.

I had Lippi as coach, does he get 2 for a draw or 3 for a win? Peckerman got 2 for Argentina in the last round for drawing but I didn't check what Klinsman got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lippi definitely gets 3. Italy won the match tonight, getting to penos is regarded as a draw.

I had Buffon, Zambrotta (c), Pirlo and Grosso in my FF team. They got 36 points between them.

Lex Luthor wrote:

looks like I was right and everyone of you either picked Henry as capt or another frog...and Domenech or Klinsmann as Manager.....considering I'm in 9th position right now I've nothing to lose. So all I need is Portugal to beat France & keep a clean sheet and I'll go straight to top position. If my gamble doesn't pay off, it won't matter as I would never have caught Jimmy by going with the pack....

COME ON PORTUGAL........

Its whats called a ruse my friend. Pighead lulled the opposition into a false sense of security by claiming he had Ballack when all along I HAD SAHA HA HA HA HA HA!

And before you anoraks come on here and start yelping that Saha ha ha ha ha ha hasn't started a game yet this World Cup let me tell you this: Saha will come on late in the game tomorrow evening and he will score a goal. That is a Pighead Promise. I will say it once more for the mentally challenged.

SAHA WILL SCORE TOMORROW: IMPLYING PIGHEAD WILL BE TOP OF THE FANTASY LEAGUE TOMORROW NIGHT.
    QED

Pighead wrote:
    Its whats called a ruse my friend. Pighead lulled the opposition into a false sense of security by claiming he had Ballack when all along I HAD SAHA HA HA HA HA HA!

And before you anoraks come on here and start yelping that Saha ha ha ha ha ha hasn't started a game yet this World Cup let me tell you this: Saha will come on late in the game tomorrow evening and he will score a goal. That is a Pighead Promise. I will say it once more for the mentally challenged.

SAHA WILL SCORE TOMORROW: IMPLYING PIGHEAD WILL BE TOP OF THE FANTASY LEAGUE TOMORROW NIGHT.
    QED

And how many other predictions have you gotten wrong so far Mystic Piglet? Leave that crap to Meg.

I hope you're all ready to start that thread...:D

eirebhoy wrote:
    I had Buffon, Zambrotta (c), Pirlo and Grosso in my FF team. They got 36 points between them.
    which competitiion?

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:
    which competitiion?
    Metro. :mad: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Lex Luthor wrote:

COME ON PORTUGAL........
    poor decision to pick klinnsman from jimmy willl cost him top spot. All i can hope now is dat henry scores and portugal win so i can stay in top 5 at least(I think)

jimmyboy wrote:
    poor decision to pick klinnsman from jimmy willl cost him top spot. All i can hope now is dat henry scores and portugal win so i can stay in top 5 at least(I think)
    Top 6 has just 2pts between them and next 5 have only another few pts between them....tonights the night if my gamble pays off.

If Carvalho scores, if you hear someone shouting from Naas, thats me.....

Will Henry get anything for winning the peno?

Lemlin wrote:
    Will Henry get anything for winning the peno?
    Don't think it really matters how Henry does as everyone has him in their team.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Don't think it really matters how Henry does as everyone has him in their team.

Not everyone has him as captain though.

• Advertisement

he gets 3 pts for the assist....

My choice in hindsight for Carvalho & Scolari was poor as I forgot the 3rd place play off was left....

As a rookie for Fant Footie, I'll take that experience into the Prem Lge next year....

2 games left though...ye lads at the top have it all to play for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

It's tight at the top of the Metro League.
    Anyone can win it yet :)

Lemlin, Henry got his assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Ah, the view is good from up here :D

An inspired choice to pick Gallas as captain I'm sure you will all agree :)

The list is getting shorter for who is available for the last 2 games.

Ballack is injured. Kahn is playing for Lehmann. Saha is suspended.

I'm 20 points or so ahead of you bacon boy Pighead, are you ready to face the consequences of your unfounded confidence and start that thread?

Also, 25 points ahead in a league I'm in where I get €30 off everyone in the league. €180 coming my way! :D

• Advertisement

So how do I get my three free games from irishgamer.ie?

So how do I get my three free games from irishgamer.ie?
    Well done....

poor old Pighead must be feeling like Zidane at this moment.....:p

even a, and I quote
    Pighead wrote:
    Rookie
    like me finished above you....

I think you should eat your words....especially these ones

Pighead wrote:
    Face it Lex theres absolutely no eveidence of Pighead losing the plot. In fact the veidence suggest hes getting better every day. When it comes to Fantasy Football you may be Lex Luthor but Its patently obvious that I am Superman.

Plus I redeemed myself and made a few good last predictions in the Predictor league and finished 6th and topped the Boards Yahoo competition.

Whats the prize for winning the Irishgamer.ie competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

3rd and 4the place. I'll take it. slipped up in the last 2 GWs was what blew my chances. Well done to whoever won

5th. That'll do me. I'll pm you about your prizes now Cartoon Head. The winner gets 3 games for a console of their choice or the PC. The games are chosen from a list I have.

Congratulations by the way.

Pighead wrote:
    Theres a huge difference between bragging and confidence Lemlin you rascal you.
    Let me state right here and now that Pighead shall finish in front of you in this Fantasy Football World Cup League.

And to spice it up a little bit the loser has to start a thread in After Hours entitled "The Mods are Spanners: Discuss."
    Agreed?

Remember that post Pighead? I finished 5th, you finished 10th. So when will you be posting the topic? I'd like to be online for it :D

Lemlin wrote:
    Remember that post Pighead? I finished 5th, you finished 10th. So when will you be posting the topic? I'd like to be online for it :D

Unfortunately for Pighead the best team doesn't always win. I'm thinking Manchester United losing to Arsenal in the 2005 FA Cup final, Irelands unlucky draw V France in Paris last year and Greece winning Euro 2004. For some unknown reason the cosmic forces have decided to stitch Pighead up and consign him to the role of extremely unlucky loser.

However as well as being devilishly handsome, Pighead is also gracious in defeat and I'm willing to congratulate the lucky few who finished above me in the competition. In years to come you can tell your grandchildren about the glorious summer of 2006 when you beat the legendary Pighead. Well done to all especially Lemlin who despite been an inferior fantasy football manager managed to overcome the odds and beat the superior Pighead.

We had a laugh along the way too. Ha Ha. Remember that mess bet we had stating that I'd start a thread in After Hours declaring that Mods were spanners. He He. Oh you just can't beat a bit of mess betting.
    Anyway roll on Premier League Fantasy Football. Pighead will be back, Bigger Stronger and Sexier.

Pighead wrote:
    Anyway roll on Premier League Fantasy Football. Pighead will be back, Bigger Stronger and Sexier.
    Well, its ready now online for the new season.....

Pighead wrote:
    Unfortunately for Pighead the best team doesn't always win. I'm thinking Manchester United losing to Arsenal in the 2005 FA Cup final, Irelands unlucky draw V France in Paris last year and Greece winning Euro 2004. For some unknown reason the cosmic forces have decided to stitch Pighead up and consign him to the role of extremely unlucky loser.

However as well as being devilishly handsome, Pighead is also gracious in defeat and I'm willing to congratulate the lucky few who finished above me in the competition. In years to come you can tell your grandchildren about the glorious summer of 2006 when you beat the legendary Pighead. Well done to all especially Lemlin who despite been an inferior fantasy football manager managed to overcome the odds and beat the superior Pighead.

We had a laugh along the way too. Ha Ha. Remember that mess bet we had stating that I'd start a thread in After Hours declaring that Mods were spanners. He He. Oh you just can't beat a bit of mess betting.

I'm online now and so are you, could you start the thread please? A bet is a bet after all and I accepted your terms.

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm online now and so are you, could you start the thread please? A bet is a bet after all and I accepted your terms.
    Lemlin you scallywag! Surely you don't really expect Pighead to start a thread entitled All Mods are Spanners: Discuss.
    You wouldn't do that to one of your bestest online buddies. Would You?

Pighead wrote:
    Lemlin you scallywag! Surely you don't really expect Pighead to start a thread entitled All Mods are Spanners: Discuss.
    You wouldn't do that to one of your bestest online buddies. Would You?

I presumed Pighead was a man of honour but it doesn't seem so. You made the terms of the bet and lost. Now you must face your penance.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    I presumed Pighead was a man of honour but it doesn't seem so. You made the terms of the bet and lost. Now you must face your penance.
    It Is Done. Pighead is the most honourable man I know.
    Revenge shall be forthcoming in the Premier League Fantasy Football Manager
    The loser between us must PM coolsmileygirl and organise a lovemaking session as a forfeit.

You are a man of honour Piglet. I salute you in your defeat, you were a gracious opponent.

I look forward to the next time I shall kick your weary ass again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

where can i view the final table.
    i know i didnt win but id still like to look at how well i done

BFassassin wrote:
    where can i view the final table.
    i know i didnt win but id still like to look at how well i done

Advertisement