Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

printer not working unless on when booting

• 11-05-2006 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

anyone know why this is....

if my printer is plugged in and turned on when i start my pc it works fine.

but if not and i plug it in and turn it on while already running the pc, then when i click print or print preview or pageset up etc it freezes and i get 'not responding' and have to end task, i've tried to leave it and see if it unfreezes but it doesn't

anything i can do to stop this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Type of connection to the computer?
    OS?
    Printer make/model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

dell all in one with usb connection to dell pc. all like 5 months old.

oh and its XP

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

I had the same problem with a Lexmark all in one a few years ago. Solution was a driver upgrade. Perhaps there is a similar solution from Dell on this. Have you checked with their support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

no, i suppose the sensible thing would be to just do that, it maybe a simple solution

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Un plug usb cable, wait 10-30 seconds and plug it in again.

If you have a USB hub try without it and visa-versa ( might still have some in the €2 shops !)
    try a different USB port on the computer

Or update all drivers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

LOL

Best way to do this is to ring the HP rep and threaten that you will replace all your HPs with Konica Minoltas. A HP engineer will miraculously appear at your door before you hang up and will do the exorcism for you there and then.

OP Stugots suggestion might be good... think Dell printers are Lexmarks.

Advertisement