Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's Noisy Cat

Options
  • 11-05-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Folks,

My neighbour across the road has a cat - the last few nights/mornings I have been awoken by a loud "cry" - it was like a baby or something, so I went outside and investigated. It was my neighbour's bloody cat. It's REALLY loud and irritating - any tips on how to deal with this? (Humanely of course).

Cheers, Oreillykm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Probably an un-neutered tomcat. Talk to your neighbours and persuade them of the sense of getting him neutered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Alun wrote:
    Probably an un-neutered tomcat. Talk to your neighbours and persuade them of the sense of getting him neutered.
    Alun, what's the main benefits of having the cat neutered? We've got a 1 year old cat and I say to my sister (the owner) every so often to have him neutered, cos as far as I know it makes them more sedate, less likely to roam, etc. But I'm really just guessing, cos the main reason is that I don't want him runnin around the neighbourhood shaggin everything he sees and creating a load of kittens that'll have nobody to look after them! there's a few strays around here.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i always find a bucket of cold water over it helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DaveMcG wrote:
    Alun, what's the main benefits of having the cat neutered? We've got a 1 year old cat and I say to my sister (the owner) every so often to have him neutered, cos as far as I know it makes them more sedate, less likely to roam, etc. But I'm really just guessing, cos the main reason is that I don't want him runnin around the neighbourhood shaggin everything he sees and creating a load of kittens that'll have nobody to look after them! there's a few strays around here.

thanks

you talking about cats or humans....?!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

emm... cats -- I said that!

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote:
    Alun, what's the main benefits of having the cat neutered? We've got a 1 year old cat and I say to my sister (the owner) every so often to have him neutered, cos as far as I know it makes them more sedate, less likely to roam, etc.
    Those are very valid reasons, plus he'll be less likely to get into territorial scraps with other toms.
    But I'm really just guessing, cos the main reason is that I don't want him runnin around the neighbourhood shaggin everything he sees and creating a load of kittens that'll have nobody to look after them! there's a few strays around here.
    And that is the number one argument. There are already enough unwanted, abandoned kittens in this world without your sister's cat contributing to that number.

GET HIM SNIPPED, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 oreillykm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice, basically it's a horny cat then? Will have to talk to my neighbour about this!!

Oreillykm

oreillykm wrote:
    Hi Folks,

My neighbour across the road has a cat - the last few nights/mornings I have been awoken by a loud "cry" - it was like a baby or something, so I went outside and investigated. It was my neighbour's bloody cat. It's REALLY loud and irritating - any tips on how to deal with this? (Humanely of course).

Cheers, Oreillykm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

a bit of chickn laced with sedalin will shut him up!!:D :D:D

(intended as a joke!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

It's probably already neutered and simply wants to get into its house:D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

what's the main benefits of having the cat neutered?

Male cats in particular live longer, healthier lives. Less chance of getting into scraps over females/territory = less chance of contracting FLV or FIV in a fight.

Much reduced chance of developing prostate cancer, and, for very obvious reasons, zero chance of developing testicular cancer :D

• Advertisement

Much reduced chance of developing prostate cancer, and, for very obvious reasons, zero chance of developing testicular cancer :D
    Good one, Gordon! I missed that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

As the otehrs said, get him snipped.
    Where I work (Chinese take away) we have 10+ wild cats living next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Also, I dont know what age he is, but if hes young, it wont be long before hes scent marking (spraying urine onto walls, tables etc) when hes in the house, *THAT* I doubt she will like ;)

Advertisement