Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

audible buzz when i turn on Panasonic 32" CRT

• 11-05-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Hello all just wondering has anyone heard of this problem. I bought a new 32" Panasonic CRT (TX32PM11) last year and I have it set up to a 5.1 system/ sky digital/ PS2 and everything's working great but every time I turn on the TV I can hear this buzzing sound. It is loud enough too and it is definitely from the TV. I've heard about this issue with large plasma/lcd but not with CRT! Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

from the tv or the tv speakers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

the TV! i think its actually just the noise of the tv powered up cause even if i mute/turn off everything else its still there. its not as loud as i was thinking yesterday tho just means turnng up the volume a tick or two more

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think it might be a noise coming from the scan coils. Maybe a dodgy capacitor?

Though there are a few members here who are much more technically minded than I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

byte wrote:
    I think it might be a noise coming from the scan coils. Maybe a dodgy capacitor?

Though there are a few members here who are much more technically minded than I.

One of the lads in the office that the same problem, he got the 32" slim model, he got it changed for a new one. I think he was told that it was electrical noise from the components.

Is yours still under warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

is it a very high pitched noise??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i just was on avforums and they have pages and pages on this problem...u may want to have a gander over there...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259519

u may find some ideas...

The Doktor wrote:
    is it a very high pitched noise??

Electrical noise normaly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

the noise is not that loud but its constant from the moment i turn on the tv...i dont even think its a fault it may just be the noise the tv makes. i might go into the shop where i bought it and see what they say....

TommyGun wrote:
    Electrical noise normaly is.

Why is that?

If the noise is a high pitched "ringing", it may be that a core in one of the coils is a little loose. Give the TV a bang and see does it go away. (seriously)

• Advertisement

The Doktor wrote:
    Why is that?

Most electrical components will operate at certain frequency's, most are outside what we can hear. Sometimes they can operate outside there spec. and we can hear it. Or sometimes we can hear the noise during normal conditions. We had a customer issue in Norway recently where he could hear the electrical noise on the fan-less laptop and he thought is was an issue, but when we tested it, the noise was well within spec. If you listen to an electrical devise when there is no other mechanical motion you mayhear a low a high buzz, this is the back ground noise, this is normally OK. If it is high enough for you the hear it on a TV there may be a problem with an internal component.

The following article may help.

http://www.ciphersbyritter.com/RES/NOISE.HTM

There are a lot that you can hear too... including the lop stage in a tv, which is at 15.625Khz. Also the degaussing coil in the tv operate at 50hz, both of which u can hear.
    Turn the sound down on ur tv... u can hear the lop.
    u may also get a ringing in a tv caused by the loose core in one of the may coils.. often its not all that high frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

This sound,s crazy but i also had a buzzing noise from my slimfit samsung crt.
    I reckon the relitive short tube and high vlotage capacitors causes the noise.
    Ever walk to a power plant and "listen" to the electrical components.
    Probably the same issue.
    I did notice however a high pitch whistling type noise that would come from the tv every so often.
    I placed a magazine under the tv and the noise hasnt been heard since:D
    crazy as it sounds it did work;)
    This was on a slimfit 32 inch samsung crt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I've got something kind of simillar on a Sony 26 inch.......

It makes a fairly low but audible sharp humming noise after being on a while....

Problem seems to be due to overheating, as when it's just turned on it doesen't happen, but when it does, it happens on ALL channels.

Advertisement