Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Final - Liverpool v West Ham (everything)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Aquos76 wrote:
    Hobart mate, I dont recall any Man U supporters making any idiotic comments when it went to 2-0.

This is Liverpools day, so lets for once not turn this thread into another useless pointless Liverpool/ Man U thread.

I thought this => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51367305&postcount=45

and this => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51367310&postcount=46 where a little uncalled for. But to be honest, I couldn't really give a flying fook. We won in the end!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Great game, great performances, great goals, great drama.

Twas great! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think that the emergency services around the world do not appreciate it though, heart-attacks aplenty and alot more kids called Pepe and Stevie around liverpool this time next year ;)

I agree 100%,I often wounder if any studies have been done into fans hart rates/problem's when watching a game like the last two Pool cup finals.I am in my 20s and could feel the strain.I remember that young lad down in Kerry (I think it was kerry) who passed away watching the European cup final last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

(Troll Mode on) Everyone is saying the FA Cup is back to its former glories and that it's been in poor shape for some years, which is true. Which team devalued the Cup more than any other?(Troll Mode off)
    I agree 100%,I often wounder if any studies have been done into fans hart rates/problem's when watching a game like

After my dad died of a heart attack we were visited by a friend of his who's own father died of heart failure during during the Liverpool - Arsenal season decider in 1989 (he ws a Pool fan). The team really should come with a health warning.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Just sent the last of the congratulations texts...that's 21 altogether...I know too many pool fans. Think I'll cry now. :D Can't beat FA Cup day though, i'm glad the match was such a cracker today, I love this tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Quite a few pop their clogs during games. A relation of my dads died many years back during a West Germany WC match, forget the opponents but they won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

fade2black wrote:
    Can't beat FA Cup day though, i'm glad the match was such a cracker today, I love this tournament.

Cracking game for sure. Watched it in the Dinn Ri in Carlow. Magic atmosphere. I'm delighted for Carragher. It would have been soul destroying for him if his one mistake all season had cost Liverpool the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Best fa cup final ever.

Hammers should have won and won well, Pardew in the 60 odd minute settled for 3-2 a foolish mistake considering who they were playing. If he had of went for a 4th he a hero. He choose to be negative and well Gerrard had other ideas.

Pool were very poor and after 62 games they looked knackered, Reo Coker had a great game but alas not to be him lifting the cup.

I have a feeling when i read tru this thread later someone will be banned.

Well done pool.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

ace match :D

..kind of got bored about hearing about 'what happend last time pool where in a cup final' though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

i love how people here post updates, as if everyone here isnt watching the match =D

Some people are in work, plus it helps when looking back over a thread to see what score it was when someone said something (e.g. - last seasons CL Final). :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

great great game,
    not knocking the hammers but in fairness all there goals were more or less pure luck,
    and liverpools goals were pure class,
    great game to watch nearly started cryin on a few occasions

You also have to remember that we won the FA Youth cup this year,I am not sure if this "double" has been done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

any update on alonso? is he very bad, any worries for the world cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Did Xabi not go off 'just in case' so to speak?

I got the impression he just couldn't last the 90mins rather than he got injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Dub13 wrote:
    You also have to remember that we won the FA Youth cup this year,I am not sure if this "double" has been done before.

It has, by coventry. WHo were also 2-1 down at half time. Or something similiar. Martin tyler mentioned it in commentary.

It has, by coventry. WHo were also 2-1 down at half time. Or something similiar. Martin tyler mentioned it in commentary.

I watched it on the BBC,not a mention of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great football match, pure entertainment. Gotta feel for West Ham though, they were the better team and deserved the win bt up steps Gerrard to drag Liverpool to the win as usual.

Great advertisement for football, well done both teams

I cant see how people think Liverpool were lucky,you could look at it from another angel that Liverpool were in fact unlucky with the 3 west ham goals having a big element of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dbnavan wrote:
    Didnt have to see ur sig to find out that you where a man united fan, we score an Og, have 2 good Goals Disallowed, 3-1 down, we win on penos thanks to an equaliser from an injured player, and we mugged them???

Cop on! what do you want us to do win blindfolded? Great win by the pool

Its the CL final from last year all over again.. We were obviously lucky again today and didn't deserve the win.. Even though the 3 goals that we conceeded were off the softest nature possible.

Liverpool had 63% of the possession ffs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Well what a game! Best FA cup final i have ever seen. I dont know how people can say WH were mugged so badly considering 3 of their goals were very jammy compared to the 3 liverpool scored.

Gerrard showed just how class he is again. 1 assist and 2 goals, pure quality. Decent E/W bet for top goalscorer in the world cup. I think the 64 odd games caught up with liverpool in the 2nd half, especially in extra time. i was worried we wouldnt even have 5 fit players to take the penos. Sissoko was had a decent game. Ran himself into the ground.

Cisse should be sold for changing his boats at half-time, a disgrace. Alonso wasnt fully fit, shouldnt of started really. Had a poor game.

THe defence did quite well. Carragher would of been disappointed for the first one, unlucky though. Bad goalkeeping for the 2nd, and a complete fluke for the 3rd. Great save by reina in the last minute though, thank god it fell to harewood!

Great end to our season, its be another excellent one. Rafa has had two brilliant seasons, hopefully the 3rd will get us the premiership.

Now a perfect finish would be England and spain going out in the first round, with cisse getting the golden-boot award.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Steve Mclaren's first job as manager - "Here you go Stephen (hands over captain's arm band) - congratulations."

Well what a game! Best FA cup final i have ever seen. I dont know how people can say WH were mugged so badly considering 3 of their goals were very jammy compared to the 3 liverpool scored.

They had the ball in the liverppol 6 yard box and it went in, hardly jammy , like they want it to go in and were trying to get it in.

Hate when people say goals were jammy, the team were trying to score so were rewarded. :p

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

another amazing final, many similarities to istanbul. another excellent save at the end of extra time to send it to penalties.

excellent stuff from stevie g, i really thought it was over at 3-2 and what a strike in the 91st minute. also excellent goal by cisse (the red boot was it? :p)

reina looked quite dodgy during the match but that save in extra time and the penalties, i forgive him :D

also well done to riise, you could see what it meant to him to score the peno after his being saved in istanbul.

looks teed up for the premiership next season then :)
    i've said it before, but rafa was the best signing for this club in years!

YNWA.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

Going by some of the posts here, we must be the luckiest team in the world.:rolleyes: Rafa and the boys should do euro millions;)

West Ham played very well, but got 3 of the luckiest goals I seen in a long time. While 2 of ours were well taken and the 3rd a classic.
    IMOP Liverpool’s overall performance was not as good as usual, but our class and belief got us trough.

ps it always amazes me how other teams, who have won cups, always deserved it or at least that is how their fans remember it.:confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

tap28 wrote:
    ps it always amazes me how other teams, who have won cups, always deserved it or at least that is how their fans remember it.:confused:
    I doubt that, I don't think many people (Gooner or not) would remember last year's final as being a deserved win...

I wouldn't say Liverpool were lucky today but I think West Ham can rightly feel they were a bit unlucky, to be so close to winning it at the end of the 90 and then again at the end of the 120. There's just no accounting for Stevie G these days. If Rooney is out and Sven builds his team around him, England could go far this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

I doubt that, I don't think many people (Gooner or not) would remember last year's final as being a deserved win...

funny enough I would agree with you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

It's a funny thing, the more we practice the luckier we get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Dub13 wrote:
    I cant see how people think Liverpool were lucky,you could look at it from another angel that Liverpool were in fact unlucky with the 3 west ham goals having a big element of luck.
    Agreed.Liverpools goals were all top class and Crouch's goal was ruled out for offside - a very close decision. If that had counted it would have changed everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Thank god thats over....really looking forward to the charity shield now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 globalconspirac

A fantastic game. Rafa is the business and with Stevie G anything is possible. I always love FA cup day but today was brilliant. Roll on next season and maybe we'll do it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

which of gerrards goals do you think was better:his 2nd goal today or the goal he got against Olympiakos at anfield?

i think that the skill needed for the Olymoiakos was alot greater but the distance and power in todays shoot was sweet to though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

ace match :D

..kind of got bored about hearing about 'what happend last time pool where in a cup final' though :p

You mean when they lost to Sao Paulo FC in Tokyo ? Or maybe you mean the last domestic cup final they played in when they lost to Chelsea ?

Cracker of a game - Liverpool didn't start as well as they should/could and the hammers really stepped up and capitalised on that. As a Liverpool fan I can honestly say I'm disappointed for West Ham. Someone's got to loose these games and today - despite giving it their all (and then some) - it was their turn. On the other side I'm over the moon that LFC won.

Joked with a few of the lads in the pub at the start as to how long sicknote would last in this final - very dissapointed to see him go off considering he's been playing very well in the later half of the season. Should have put a few quid on it

Roll on Chelsea in the Charity Shield in Aug or whenever it is.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Here are a few pics from todays game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anybody got a link to highlights of the game?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:

No bother mike,3 mb line :D Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Am I the only one who thinks Liverpool deserved to win it. They played some great football at times. Some of the one-touch around WH box was great. All 3 of Wh's goals were luck/errors whereas Liverpools 3 were all great goals. What the hell was going through Carras head when he tried to flick the cross backwards out into the box instead of driving it into the stand, he could'nt have know what was behind him. As for reina's error, schoollboy stuff.

Anywho doesnt matter what people think cos Liverpool won, yay.

Spose Gattuso will say that liverpool did'nt win this one either. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great match ,Pool totally deserved win.
    WH goals were ALL flukes and nobody can deny that.
    Gerrard is just a legend and deffo up there with the best in the World.

YET ANOTHER TROPHY.
    Thats 6 trophies this century i think,no other British club can match that :):):)

Dcully wrote:
    Great match ,Pool totally deserved win.
    WH goals were ALL flukes and nobody can deny that.

How where they flukes? If Carra had of missed it a WH player would have had a tap in, the player did cross so Wh did their part in the goals. Ands it simple Stekelly the only people who didnt think pool deserved it were non pool fans :)

Same reason everyone who wasnt a man utd fanw anted Wigan to win the other cup. Little clubs need love too.

kdjac

6? Pah you mean 9!

2001 - 5
    2003 - 1
    2005 - 2
    2006 - 1 (could have another in August!)

Mike.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    How where they flukes? If Carra had of missed it a WH player would have had a tap in

No, Pepe had it covered :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

just in from work and cant wait the bbc highlights,sounds a cracking game

kaimera wrote:
    No, Pepe had it covered :)

If you mean covered as in with butter or something.

:)

kdjac

yeah pepe had it covered, i think he called it and carra tried to leave it for him, but it caught his trailing leg. felt bad for him considering he rarely does wrong. thankfully didn't hand the cup to the hammers.

downloaded that 30mb video above and none of my software plays it

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

what happend to the pic in your sig? :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

eyerer, if you don't have it already, download VideoLAN (VLC)

I think Reina had it covered, though don't think he shouted, so Carra thought he'd try clearing it.

eyerer wrote:
    what happend to the pic in your sig? :)

internet lost them.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:

No no, nothing like that.

Covered in that WH wouldn't have scored with a tap in like you claim.

eyerer wrote:
    downloaded that 30mb video above and none of my software plays it

I downloaded it & can't find it!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

amazing game of football, mad seeing the players falling down through cramp etc. what a game

• Advertisement
Advertisement