Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Final - Liverpool v West Ham (everything)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kewell should do himself a favour and stay at home on cup final days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Stekelly wrote:
    Kewell should do himself a favour and stay at home on cup final days. :)

Not really, we tend to win once he goes off :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

get this into ya's........

some great reactions..

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=113896&page=1

and my fave quote....

"poor final, WH bottled it big time" ....how can anyone say it was a poor final???

actually this one is better

"Anyone can fluke their way to triumph in a short knockout event. That is why it takes sustained success to prove anything in these crapshoot environments. Liverpool success means nothing. " :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

What a Final.
    What a captain.
    What a club.

and whats that irregular thumping in my chest, they've gotta stop doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I don't get where all this "aww the best team lost" rubbish is coming from. Weest Ham got 3 jammy goals and did little else. Instead they waited to counter and rarely managed to do so. All three of Liverpool's goals were class acts and they came exactly when they were needed.

Better team lost? Yea right. Eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

That was an excellent FA Cup Final. One thing about Liverpool, and that is they continue to give their fans a roller-coaster ride of their life in these finals! An engrossing match, and one that will go down in Liverpool and FA Cup folklore.

Neutrals must have enjoyed it. Of course for West Ham fans, their taste will be bitter-sweet, but they will not feel as if they were robbed and were magnanimous in their defeat.

It was a final where the unexpected became expected, so when at 3-3 at full-time, I think both sets of fans knew that either team could take it, yet both would be able to walk away with their pride intact, if not their fitness!

Poor Jamie, he was very unlucky that his og went in. It was a good move by West Ham, as they had split the defence with a good third-man pass move, but Carra had done enough to deal with it and Reina had it covered.

Reina had a nightmare and a stormer. It must have been the nerves of the situation for his 1st error. He spilled one that he should have held an Ashton was already there for a simple finish.

Liverpool dug deep in their resolve, which was good to see, the spirit shown in Istanbul appearing again. And they got their rewards almost immediately when Cisse finished with aplomb from a Gerrard deep cross.

Liverpool kept chasing the game, they had the better of the play and Stevie scored with a great finish to make it 2-2. At that stage spread betters must have swayed towards Liverpool as they had their tails up. But then, disaster struck again!

Reina's 2nd mistake was schoolboy error stuff, a simple mis-judging of a cross. He wont be the last keeper to have this happen to him, but it was a costly mistake at the time and cross like these should be saved.

And from then one, there was over 20 mins left of normal time, the feeling wasnt good for Liverpool. Injuries were occuring, players were being subbed off, Kewell, Alonso, Crouch. Morientes, Kromkamp, Hamman on. Liverpool didnt create enough, Morientes had a chance but it was snuffed out on the 6 yard box, ad the game seemed to be petering out to a win for West Ham.

Then, Gerrard, who was suffering significantly from cramp along with other players, collected the ball far out in the 91st minute and let fly a fantastic shot from all of 35 yards. It was a brilliant goal. It was no more than Liverpool deserved as it would have been a shame to lose a final on 3 defensive/goalie errors.

And so, that brought extra-time, with all subs used and many walking wounde, it was a game of attrition. I think the rules should be changed to allow any of the remaining subs to be used in extra-time. Liverpool seemed to have the worst of the injuries, until Harewood got a knock. I felt sorry for him as he was reduced to hobbling. His injury was important, as when West Ham got a final chance, after Reina brilliantly saved a shot onto the post, the ball fell to Harewood and the poor guy hadnt the physical capability to get off a threatening shot.

Before that, Kromkamp got a lot of the ball, as Liverpool bodies seized up, Sissoko, Gerrard and even the most athletic player, Cisse, but Kromkamp wasnt very good I thought, at leas he didnt become Krom-cramp! (geddit?).

And so it went to penalties. At this point in terms of the mindsets of the players and psychologically, the advantage was with Liverpool. Indeed, Reina had a reputation for saving spot-kicks, and this had filtered over to the West Ham players. Interesting to more or less visibly see that Rafa told Cisse that he wasnt going to be taking one, it looks like Hyypia was preferred, although as it turned out his penalty was poor and was saved.

But Reina did his work well, getting down well and fast, saving the 1st penalty brilliantly I think it has to be said. He saved two more also good saves, and so Liverpool won the penalties 3-1 with a penalty to spare (like Istanbul).

Just as Dudek was the hero of the CL final at the end, so was Reina at the end, but for both games, it was total team effort, and a certain Stevie Gerrard, had a huge part to play in securing both trophies.

A long season for Liverpool players which told in the end as the heat sapped the strength from the players legs and lactic acid in the muscles cramped up players.

No-one can say that Liverpool didnt deserve the win in the end, and a fitting end to the season.

redspider

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

I don't get where all this "aww the best team lost" rubbish is coming from. Weest Ham got 3 jammy goals and did little else. Instead they waited to counter and rarely managed to do so. All three of Liverpool's goals were class acts and they came exactly when they were needed.

Better team lost? Yea right. Eat it.

i agree with mr. pie. if anyone thinks west jam, oops i mean west ham' deserved to win that then i've pretty much just 2 words for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

mada999 wrote:
    get this into ya's........

some great reactions..

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=113896&page=1

That thread was classic. they all start turning on each other at the end when we won the shoot out :p

similar to the one chelski fans had on the night of the champions league final. They were loving it up till half time going on about how the pool were shown up for what they were by milan. they stopped posting half way into the second half though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I do feel sorry for the West Ham. But there's no way I'd agree they were unlucky or they deserved to win. Their goals were an OG, a keeper's error and a fluke, they came up against Liverpool playing below par, and in extra time Liverpool as a team was out on its feet.

West Ham should really be kicking themselves for their performance in extra time. If they had really went for it, I'm sure they would have won.

Stevie Gerrard - you are simply magnificent. I'll have to think a little further on this, but in my book he's either become just level or gone just ahead of Graeme Souness as the greatest midfielder ever to play with Liverpool.

Extraordinary record Liverpool have in penalty competitions down the years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well I guess I'd be lying if I said I was strictly neutral, but I'm glad we got a game worthy of being a final. Congrats and all that to Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

It's already been said but West Ham made some great goal scoring opportunities and were rewarded for doing so. They also came close to scoring some great goals on occasion, particularly the Dean Ashton effort. To say they were jammy is just downright pathetic and I'd imagine this is what you would have been saying if West Ham managed to beat you yesterday. Well done to those Pool fans who recognised the excellent contribution of West Ham yesterday and that they were tremendously unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Er while West Ham showed great endevour the goals were due to poor Liverpool errors and a fluked cross. That does'nt take anything away from the Hammers attacking play or indeed defence really the Pool goals were all top class.

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well done to those Pool fans who recognised the excellent contribution of West Ham yesterday and that they were tremendously unlucky.

Everyone recognises their excellent controbution but apart from hitting the post pretty much everything else in terms of scores was pure and utter luck of the highest degree imo,having said that they did attack very well.
    Same reason everyone who wasnt a man utd fanw anted Wigan to win the other cup. Little clubs need love too

Not really,we didnt care who won that one,sure isnt that the egg cup,[thats what man u fans call it when ever Pool win it] :D

Dcully wrote:
    lol surprise surprise to read this junk from you.
    I dont normally get into discussions on boards soccer but ive seen the same crap from you week in week out,dear lord you sir are obsessed with putting LFC down at every opportuinty.

Quote:
    Well done to those Pool fans who recognised the excellent contribution of West Ham yesterday and that they were tremendously unlucky.

Everyone recognises their excellent controbution but apart from hitting the post pretty much everything else in terms of scores was pure and utter luck of the highest degree,i mean are you blind? ALL three goals were flukes.
    Then again,no your not blind your just blinkered

Absolute nonsense. How is that even putting Liverpool down? I'll tell you what mister I don't get involved in discussion boards:rolleyes: go find some quotes by me where I'm putting Liverpool down at every opportunity. You like to believe that I'm just a typical Man Utd fan who constantly puts down Pool but the actual case is that I'm a soccer fan who's prepared to offer an opinion in this ever growing Liverpool forum.

but you see you won't, like all the people before you who have said that this is the crap that you always see from me...you're not going to provide any evidence to back your idiotic statement up. You just don't like someone speaking ill of your favourite team.

fade2black wrote:
    It's already been said but West Ham made some great goal scoring opportunities and were rewarded for doing so. They also came close to scoring some great goals on occasion, particularly the Dean Ashton effort. To say they were jammy is just downright pathetic and I'd imagine this is what you would have been saying if West Ham managed to beat you yesterday. Well done to those Pool fans who recognised the excellent contribution of West Ham yesterday and that they were tremendously unlucky.

Nobodys saying they didnt create anything, but the fact is you get nothing for chances created only ones converted and the goals they got were down to very bad Liverpool errors and a botched cross. so if they had'nt got the 3 iffy goals would they have still deserved to win it havign been beaten 3-0?

• Advertisement

Er if you bothered to look i deleted that bit as i got you mixed up with someone else,shall remain nameless.
    You musta been replying with steam from your ears when i was editing,what can i say lol,sorry.

edit:
    I'm a soccer fan who's prepared to offer an opinion in this ever growing Liverpool forum.

Actually after reading that ,it really says it all about you :D

Ive apologised for getting you mixed up,accept it or not im not fussed,if you want to continue this another way im more than willing too :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dcully wrote:
    what can i say lol.
    Sorry perhaps?

But If the goals they scored were down to poor Liverpool defending isn't that part and parcal of the game? Football is about offensive as well as defensive play. Liverpool's three goals were bordering on sublime on occasion and I'd even have doubts about the first one being disallowed but their defending in the first half was atrocious.

Sorry perhaps?

LOL sensitive bunch here arent we :rolleyes:
    I have already apologised.

That's 3 times you've edited the same post now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm sorry, lucky? What the **** are you people on about?

First Goal:

Alonso gives the ball away - lucky?
    Ball crossed in - lucky?
    Carragher miss kicks it - lucky?

Which of these parts is lucky?
    All of them are to do with the talent levels of the players

Goal number 2:

Shot on target - lucky?
    Reina fumbles it - lucky?
    Ashton nicks it in - lucky?

Goal number 3:

Ball crossed into the area - lucky?
    Reina positioned incorrectly - lucky?
    Ball goes into net - lucky?

Perhaps the 3rd goal had luck in it, but what appears common in all of the goals?
    Mistakes by liverpool players.
    That's why all the fans are calling it luck, but it's not possible to comprehend that when a mistake is made by a liverpool player, it's not due to luck, it's due to the skill level of the player.

It's why Alonso, Carragher and Reina are behind Xavi,Rio and Casillas.
    It's to do with skill.

People make their own luck, Liverpool fans should know this best of all, that's why the ball always seems to ball to Gerrard, and how in big big games, it always goes flying into the back of the net.
    It's to do with skill.

There is luck in this game, like an offside decision, or a weird bounce, or a deflection, but this is to due with player skill, mostly on the part of the goalie.

btw, Mike,
    Er while West Ham showed great endevour the goals were due to poor Liverpool errors

Are any goals, any goals at all, scored due to pure skill? Are you suggesting that Liverpool's goals weren't due to West Ham mistakes?
    Cause they were, all of them,

1st goal: Right back lost his man
    2nd goal: Foul given away when it shouldn't have been OR Reo-Coker lost his man
    3rd goal: Benyun missed the clearance OR Reo-Coker lost his man

THe only difference between these goals?
    You noticed the mistakes

You want to talk about real luck, real undeniable luck? That Gerrard was born

And why does that worry you so much??
    Maybe im hung over from yet another night of celebration :D

You seem to want to agro agro and agro some more since my origional post :rolleyes:
    I said i got you mixed up and duely apologised,what more do you want?
    Did i commit such a huge crime by upsetting mr fade to black?

Life must be tough with all that anger within you.

Luck (or bad judgement) in that 99 times out of 100 carra puts that ball into the stand instead of trying to flick it back out. But let's face it, he's been rock solid for a few years now, he's allowed a mistake on occasion (I'd rather he did'nt do it in the cup final thpugh)

BTW Rio>Carra, you're having a laugh. Rio is still running from that Joe Cole turn the other week.

Reina made a balls of a simple catch, it never should have come up.

Alonso was having a total off day, maybe due to being less than 100%? still no excuse for sloppy play. He isnt behind Xavi btw, they'll be playing together in the middle.

The 3rd one was a total fluke. Any other day that sails over the bar and everyone gives him stick for a terrible cross.

PHB wrote:

Nah, we'd have just made a slightly different one.:D

Haha...this is hilarious. I replied once to your post, what are you talking about? You just changed it to take out the abuse, then changed it again to add in the apology, and then again to make another jibe..i can't keep up. :p

Dcully wrote:
    LOL sensitive bunch here arent we :rolleyes:
    I have already apologised.
    Everyone can see plain as day that you edited in your apology after. Keep digging that hole.

Luck (or bad judgement) in that 99 times out of 100 carra puts that ball into the stand instead of trying to flick it back out. But let's face it, he's been rock solid for a few years now, he's allowed a mistake on occasion (I'd rather he did'nt do it in the cup final thpugh)

BTW Rio>Carra, you're having a laugh. Rio is still running from that Joe Cole turn the other week.

Alonso was haivng a total off day, maybe due to being less than 100%? still no excuse for sloppy play. He isnt behind Xavi btw, they'll be playign together in the middle.

The 3rd one was a total fluke. Any other day that sails over teh batr and everyoen gives him stick for a terrible cross.

Yup pretty much it in a nutshell.

LOL @ PHB, Rio-Carragher ,jaysus man what are you on? i want some of it.

Haha...this is hilarious. I replied once to your post, what are you talking about? You just changed it to take out the abuse, then changed it again to add in the apology, and then again to make another jibe..i can't keep up.

like i say is that such a crime?
    Maybe i should have left the post as it was and not apologise?
    It can be done if you wish,seems thats what you want,say the word ,tis no problem:D
    Everyone can see plain as day that you edited in your apology after. Keep digging that hole.

Digging a hole?
    I call editing a thread to apologise common decency ,again i ask you ,would it have suited you better if i didnt apologise?

er! can i add an edit here?is it allowed?

Just wanted to say to fade and pepe,shoot me guys for my cardinal sins:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

PHB wrote:

First Goal:

Ball crossed in - lucky?
    Carragher miss kicks it - unlucky?
    PHB wrote:
    Goal number 2:

Shot on target - lucky?
    Reina fumbles it - unlucky?
    Ashton nicks it in - lucky, yes lucky
    PHB wrote:
    Goal number 3:

Reina positioned for cross correctly - unlucky
    Ball goes into net - lucky, yes

Your posts are full of crap tbh. If you're maintaining that there was no luck in at least 2 of the goals the hammers got yesterday, well then go back to the opticins while you are on your way to the phsychiatrist's place. Take another 2-3 of those green tablets, and calm the fook down.

Remember folks this is the guy who claimed Forlan scored 2 goals every 3 games he was with Manu. Should show you the quality and calibre of his posts.:rolleyes:

Double post..

well then go back to the opticins while you are on your way to the phsychiatrist's place. Take another 2-3 of those green tablets, and calm the fook down.

lmao thats classic :)

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote:
    Digging a hole?
    I call editing a thread to apologise common decency ,again i ask you ,would it have suited you better if i didnt apologise?
    I've no issue with the apology - I was the one who suggested you do it. The part where you get pugnacious and pretend that the apology was there all along, is poor form.

As fade2black says, hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The opposition scoring one goal for you, their keeper dropping the ball in front of your striker 2 yards out, scoring from a mis-hit cross and having a perfectly good goal scored against you disallowed isnt lucky?

A bit of a stretch, no?

West Ham played well, they had a good attitude, but they got the breaks. Liverpool had to create their goals through pure skill, to come from behind twice and deserved the win. A neutral would have to feel for WH after getting the breaks only to have them cancelled out again, but thats football. Any other conclusion can safely be put down to sour grapes by Man Utd fans.

I never said apology was there all along BUT IT WAS ADDED IN WHILE YOU WERE POSTING so by the time i was replying to you yes i had already apologised,is that beyond your comprehension?

Lol man have you nothing better to do on a Sunday morning but come on here and nit pick?
    You should ask PHB for some of them green tablets ,i might prevent you getting so worked up over something so trivial :rolleyes:

Yes, West Ham did play well. No question. And deserved their lead. But don't tell me there was no luck involved. Thta's just pure rubbish. Fair play to them, they put it up to Liverpool and gave them a kick in the arse. But the quality of Liverpool's play and the never say die spirit in the team won out in the end, and deservedly so.

Sorry for this thread going off topic,this pepe dude seems hell bent on crucifying me for my HUGE crime :rolleyes:

CiaranC wrote:
    The opposition scoring one goal for you, their keeper dropping the ball in front of your striker 2 yards out, scoring from a mis-hit cross and having a perfectly good goal scored against you disallowed isnt lucky?

A bit of a stretch, no?

West Ham played well, they had a good attitude, but they got the breaks. Liverpool had to create their goals through pure skill, to come from behind twice and deserved the win. A neutral would have to feel for WH after getting the breaks only to have them cancelled out again, but thats football. Any other conclusion can safely be put down to sour grapes by Man Utd fans.

:rolleyes: lol any conclusion that's not by a liverpool fan must be sour grapes by a Man Utd fan...:D

Dcully wrote:
    I never said apology was there all along BUT IT WAS ADDED IN WHILE YOU WERE POSTING so by the time i was replying to you yes i had already apologised,is that beyond your comprehension?
    Yes, I believe you. Honestly.
    Lol man have you nothing better to do on a Sunday morning but come on here and nit pick?
    You should ask PHB for some of them green tablets ,i might prevent you getting so worked up over something so trivial :rolleyes:
    I'm not getting worked up in the slightest, but it looks like you might be, just a little.

Dcully wrote:
    Sorry for this thread going off topic,this pepe dude seems hell bent on crucifying me for my HUGE crime :rolleyes:
    I suggested that you apologise as you were in the wrong. You just don't seem able to apologise without adding caveats that hint that it's not you, it's everyone else who is wrong.

I'm not getting worked up in the slightest, but it looks like you might be, just a little.

lol no,im just well amused by your sensitivity :D

• Advertisement

I suggested that you apologise as you were in the wrong. You just don't seem able to apologise without adding caveats that hint that it's not you, it's everyone else who is wrong

lol life must be tough man if you get so upset by something so trivial.
    The word chillax come to mind

LOL this guy is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Shut up with the OT nonsense, seriously.

LOL lol :D chillax man take a chill pill,,,, :) :rolleyes::D LOL HAHA :rolleyes: you guys need to cool-aid :rolleyes: :D LOL!!! :rolleyes:,,, , .. . ,.,

Yes, this is deeply upsetting stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

For a second I thought this was the CS board of four years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, but the best players in the world do it right 100 times out of a 100, that's the difference between them.
    It's to do with skill.

Alonso was haivng a total off day, maybe due to being less than 100%? still no excuse for sloppy play. He isnt behind Xavi btw, they'll be playign together in the middle.

I was referring to their national positions, Xavi and Alberto(Is that his name, I'm not 100% sure) will be Spain's middle pairing if fit.

As for Rio vs. Carragher, I obviously disagree, and so does the national team selection under Sven, and I'd imagine so will McClaren.
    The 3rd one was a total fluke. Any other day that sails over teh batr and everyoen gives him stick for a terrible cross.

Yep, much like Smicer's shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

PHB wrote:

I thought it was a cross?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, but the best players in the world do it right 100 times out of a 100, that's the difference between them.
    It's to do with skill..

did john terry not score an og this season? By your logic, chelsea should'nt have conceded when Terry was playing because he's world class and never made a mistake.
    PHB wrote:
    As for Rio vs. Carragher, I obviously disagree, and so does the national team selection under Sven, and I'd imagine so will McClaren.

regardless of the Rio V Carra debate, sven hasnt a clue how to pick his best team. Sure the David beckham marketing machine is guarenteed a spot whether playing well or not.

PHB wrote:

I must have been paying less attention than I thought, I was sure he left last summer. didnt see him sneak on yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please this is just boring!

The British public voted with thier remote controls
    11m watch FA Cup shoot-out on BBC

Steven Gerrard lifts the cup after Liverpool's dramatic victory
    The BBC's coverage of the FA Cup Final was the most-watched sporting event of the year so far, according to unofficial overnight figures.

The match started with 6.8 million viewers, but rose to 11.3m as Liverpool won the penalty shoot-out which decided the tie against West Ham United.

600,000 on Sky.

I wonder if Reo-Coker has played his way into Svens final squad selection?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

It's to do with skill.

do you even know what you're talking about or do you like talking crap?
    i'm glad rio's (or xavi or cassilas for that matter) never made a mistake otherwise your point about him being better than carra, considering its players like him you're referring to when you say they do it right 100 times out of 100, would be complete rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PHB wrote:

First Goal:

Ball crossed in - lucky?
    Carragher miss kicks it - lucky?

Which of these parts is lucky?
    All of them are to do with the talent levels of the players

Goal number 2:

Shot on target - lucky?
    Reina fumbles it - lucky?
    Ashton nicks it in - lucky?

Goal number 3:

Reina positioned incorrectly - lucky?
    Ball goes into net - lucky?

Perhaps the 3rd goal had luck in it, but what appears common in all of the goals?
    Mistakes by liverpool players.
    That's why all the fans are calling it luck, but it's not possible to comprehend that when a mistake is made by a liverpool player, it's not due to luck, it's due to the skill level of the player.

It's why Alonso, Carragher and Reina are behind Xavi,Rio and Casillas.
    It's to do with skill.

People make their own luck, Liverpool fans should know this best of all, that's why the ball always seems to ball to Gerrard, and how in big big games, it always goes flying into the back of the net.
    It's to do with skill.

There is luck in this game, like an offside decision, or a weird bounce, or a deflection, but this is to due with player skill, mostly on the part of the goalie.

btw, Mike,

Are any goals, any goals at all, scored due to pure skill? Are you suggesting that Liverpool's goals weren't due to West Ham mistakes?
    Cause they were, all of them,

1st goal: Right back lost his man
    2nd goal: Foul given away when it shouldn't have been OR Reo-Coker lost his man
    3rd goal: Benyun missed the clearance OR Reo-Coker lost his man

THe only difference between these goals?
    You noticed the mistakes

The goals were 3 of the softest goals I have seen Liverpool concede all season. There was a massive amount of good fortune about all three goals with the 3rd goal being a complete and utter accident that was the last thing that the WH player had on his mind. The 2 other goals were mistakes made by Liverpool players..

That is not meant to discredit West Ham's performance. Up until the second goal they pressured and hurried Liverpool into making mistakes. They got their tactics spot on from that perspective. I feel slightly sorry for them because they give Liverpool a good run for their money and their spirited performance was so close to working out..

HOWEVER, those who are arguging that Liverpool were lucky or undeserving of the victory are delussional.. Liverpool scored 3 quality goals that were credted through their own skill and not because of mistakes by the West Ham defence. You all know that goals were quality with the third goal possibly being goal of the season by a player that was obviously injured.

It really is a disgrace at this stage that oppossing supporters will not give the never die attitude of Liverpool in big finals the credit that they deserve. They are a superior team to West Ham in every aspect and the best player on the pitch made a massive contribution to Liverpool's victory.

Now can you please just shut the **** up and just talk about how exciting the match was instead of continuely moaning and bitching about the same old things and using the same old boring arguments. PLEASE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Advertisement
Advertisement