Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working with MSSQL BLOBS

Options
  • 11-05-2006 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Please help a guy out here. I have a MSSQL (and Access) table with two colums one is a student ID and the other is a BLOB (jpg image of the student). I want to imformation to be dumped back to jpg files, with the student ID as the filename. I have a program that lets me view or export the blobs back to jpgs but I need to automate the process. Not much on the net about it and I know its relatively simple.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Thanks but I was looking for something a little less complicated. I'm not good on VB (I use PHP and MYSql for stuff like this). Was hoping there might be a macro or some such that wouldn't require a lot of thought / tweaking. I don't really have time to code it. Would be worth a donation in someones paypal if they could whip me up a quick one.

Send me the table name and relavent fields , also the sql server instance name and the database name and I will have a quick crack at it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Smoggy wrote:
    Send me the table name and relavent fields , also the sql server instance name and the database name and I will have a quick crack at it

Whaddya need that for?

WHy not write something that can take all of these as parameters...via some sort of config file. XML, being all the rage, would be suitable.

jc

as it was just as easy to ask which fields were used.

Any he has sorted it now.

So no config file needed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement