Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sur le Pont, Enfield (Garage) - any (bad) experiences?

Options
  • 11-05-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. I have often had my cars serviced there over the years, but lately, my current car has developed a recurring fault that they were to have fixed almost a year ago ("warranty" would be on miles, not time). I have began to hear some bad workmanship complaints about them, and I have now begun to wonder if certain repairs during services in the past were needed at all.

Seanie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

well, certainly the most potentious garage name I've ever heard.... hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

To be honest a lot of garages but especially dealers seem to do unnecessary work. People should really know a little bit about cars, at least enough so they don't get ripped off. Pre-NCT checkups are a good indicator of it. Though theres a distinction to be made between pre-emptive work and unnecessary work. A good mechanic/garage will fully inform you of why the works need doing and why. They'll usually document it for you aswell. If they are light on info and documentation then thats not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've used them (service dept) a few times before. I must say they seem to know their Citroens and we're quite obliging and fixed the car quickly. As with most main dealers they are on the expensive side.

Advertisement