Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlecruiser 3000AD / Millenium

Options
  • 11-05-2006 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

I remember back in the day when I first got this and I thought it was going to be the best thing ever. Then I played it and was sorely dissappointed. It had so much potential but it tried to do so much it failed in every area.

Having said this I still have some enjoyable memories, crashing the Battlecruiser on Europa and having to tow it back to GalCom HQ with a shuttle while trying to defend myself from an insurgent attack with my 3 interceptors (the other got smashed to bits in the original collision.)

I'd loved to see this game brought back in some workable form with all the original features intact. Am I mad? Could it even be done?

What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't the guy who made it working on a new version? I remember checking out his site a while ago and he's got loads of versions of it out, each supposedly better than the last. It was a fairly cool idea for a game though. I still remember giggling with glee as I assigned a crewman to one part of the ship and could follow his progress on the status screen as he walked to his new position. A lot of detail went into it which is admirable, but it's just a pity that it didn't quite live up to expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I never played it, and only remember it for the war of words between Derek Smart and Something Awful.

Advertisement