Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelguns?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Rovi you sod, it takes forever to get coffee stains off LCD monitors...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Civ whatever gun you buy ,enjoy :D . God knows it is a word that rarely appears on any of our threads lately .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

How much disposable income do we have to play with??? :D

Do you have a wheelbarrow?

'Not many are acquainted with this small German company from Ratzeburg, a town located on an island in the Schaale River, about 12 miles from Lu beck. However, Ratzeburg is where some of the finest handguns have been carefully handcrafted since 1964. Production is limited, and the cost is extremely high, due to the many hours of skilled labor required. Thus, most of us admire the samples displayed in catalogs, at international gun shows, or in the windows of the most famous arms retailers. Korth revolvers are rare items, of a recognized original design, executed with the very best workmanship.'

'Willi Korth, a railway engineer passionately fond of shooting and hunting, was designing the action of his future revolvers. Being German, he could not be satisfied taking advantage of lower European manufacturing costs, while copying the best American designs, as many others did. He had to excel on his own terms.

This drive motivated him, when he founded his company in 1954, at the age of forty-one, to select the best available steel-that from MG-34 machine guns scraped at the end of the war. Nowadays, such scrap steel no longer exists, and modern Korth handguns, including the revolver sideplates, cylinder cranes, cylinders, triggers and hammers- or pistol slides and receivers-are machined from forgings made of the most appropriate modern steels: 1,700 psi tensile strength, heat-treated to Rockwell 58C.'

pic-49-1.jpg
    A 6-inch barrel Korth "Sport" revolver chambered in 357 Magnum, with an interchangeable 9mm Luger cylinder, = "Object of Desire" :D

http://www.korth-waffen.de/en/index.html
    http://www.korthusa.com/brochure/gt_korth_revolver.pdf

You could of course try Manhurin.Only slightly more expensive:D .Handmade in France,from all steel parts.And still the only revolver issued to a police force,the French GIGN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Happy New Year,CG,
    Maybe we can get a few demo models to try out. :D:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Sparks wrote:
    How so Civ? I would have thought that anything a revolver can do, a semi-auto can do as well?

A meaningful game of Russian Roulette is difficult with a semi-auto. Every player a winner!

I believe a revolver is categorised as either .357 or .38 depending on the length of the revolver chamber and the metallurgy of the weapon: It's either a .38 or a .357 in description, it just happens that a .357 will shoot .38 rounds. Semi-auto .357s obviously excluded from this.

If I'm feeling generous, I describe my pistol as a .40/357SIG, though officially I just need to declare it as a .40 as that's what I bought it as. Changing between the two barrels takes under a minute.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

No mention of the CZ75?

Me like it :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rafer

Called in to my FO this evening and filled out the application form for a S&W686 .357Magnum ,6in Barrel .smile.gif He gave me the impression that everything should go OK. Already have a CZ75B 9mm which I am getting on very well with. I have shot the club 686 and I am very impressed with the smoothness and accuracy .

Advertisement