Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinions appreiciated

• 11-05-2006 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Please help me figure out what to do with my relationship
    Going out with my bf for the last two and a half years but for the last year
    or so we fight every month or so. i can get very hot n cold with him as he can me. He owns a pub so we never get to go out, the only time he calls to see me is after work saturday and sunday nights and this could be up to 3am in the morning yet when i ask him to make more of an effort he says im always giving out about something and that im just being moody. If he has a problem going out he completely cuts me out so how am i meant to feel like part of his life. We really are at a breakingh point.... are we passed it and not to be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Firstly, have you posted this already a few weeks ago in this forum?

Either way, the same advice stands, talk to him, lay your grievances out clearly, and if there is no progress, walk away. Don't waste your time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Star*

hi,

It is tough when you feel you are restricted and being used within a relationship, you need to take a long hard think about whether you want to be with someone that is not willing to make an effort.

Sit down and talk to him, tell him how you feel. Tell him what is going on in your head, as if you don't tell him he won't know. sadly men aren't physic like that - who knew :D

After you have talked, let him air his side of the story but let him know that you understand his job is demanding but that he needs to share some quality time with you in day light hours also not just at 3am in the morning - you are more than a shag buddy at this stage, it is two years and you need to be treated with more love and affection than he is doing at the moment.

If he doesn't see any of this and doesn't how wonderful you are ... i agree with dudara, walk away. you have to look out for yourself, you are a special person and one in a billion and he needs to appreciate that - if he doesn't he is not worth it.

harsh an all as this sounds you deserve to be treated well and if he doesn't do it find someone that will !

hope it goes ok for you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

boggled wrote:
    ... He owns a pub so we never get to go out, the only time he calls to see me is after work saturday and sunday nights...

Or does the pub own him? What about Mon-Fri nights? Do you want to spend the rest of your life in this situation?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

if he doesnt go out with you, at least once a week, break up ,with him, he sounds like a selfish ignorant workaholic, he just,s wants a woman he can talk to,or have sex with,whenever its convenient,hes a user,hes looking for a slave ,not a girlfriend.Maybe he should go back in time to the 18th century, and hire a maid.

Advertisement