Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baker Place Club open again?

Options
  • 11-05-2006 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Was in the old baker place club last saturday night at a gig held by the art college. Wasnt too sure if it was going to be a permanent thing or just temporary for the EV+A exhibition.Was Anyone there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

You mean the Wicked Chicken nightclub or....???

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no its baker place,8 euro to get in though,bit steep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Where is that, because the building Baker Place hasnt got any room for another place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

wasn't there something downstairs between the wicked chicken and the precinct? near the toilets? you can go downstairs from outside between the two pubs...

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The old Bakers Place, was the where the Precinct is now, with a nightclub downstairs in the basement.
    The Chicken was where it is now.
    When it was reopened as the precinct, the plan was to open the nightclub downstairs under the ridiculous name of "The Slammer Bar!"
    The whole cop thing!!!
    With a change of ownership, the plans got put on hold, but they do (as far as I know), have a licence for a nightclub downstairs.
    If they are reopening it, I hope to Christ they've gotten rid of those scummy old couches!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The plan is to open it as a late bar/night club downstairs, it should be open by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Ha, ha! I first snogged my husband in Baker Place. We'll have to go back for our anniversary when it opens. Mind you we probably won't get in cause we're too old!

If they are reopening it, I hope to Christ they've gotten rid of those scummy old couches!!!:D

They move them just over to Costelloe's upstairs :D They will fit perfectly in the ambience there!

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Inge Binge wrote:
    They move them just over to Costelloe's upstairs :D They will fit perfectly in the ambience there!

IB

so true...

Inge Binge wrote:

IB

Those couches have VD!:(

• Advertisement

what is VD? something like STD? :D

IB

Yup, same thing.
    Venereal Desease.:D

Advertisement