Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grimloch's shopping list: Assistance required

• 11-05-2006 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm going into town tomorrow. If anything can't be sourced in the city centre, I'll have to make do without. The list is as follows.

1. Pants.

I need a pair of pants for work(in an office). Plain black would be perfect but something with a bit of a bootcut thing going on would be fantastic. Where could I get such a pair and how much would I be needing to spend? I'm not interested in squandering some outlandish amount of money on them.

2. Shoes.

The job will require quite a bit of walking between the post office and all that sort of stuff. I'll need a pair of smart looking shoes that will stand up to a fair bit of walking and not leave my feet in bits after a days work. Any suggestions of brands or shops would be most welcome.

3. Dressing gown.

This is hardly necessary but where could I source a fairly light dressing gown?

Any and all suggestions will be welcome. Thank you in advance.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

You're a guy right?

Try marksnspencers for the dressing gown they've a huge selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

You're a guy right?

Yes.

Marks and Spencers is on my strategically planned route. Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Penneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Tbh, I'd say you could get the whole lot in MandS

Dressing Gowns

ect...
    Yeah pennys have a good selection of work clothes
    but
    Don't buy your shoes in pennys if you're looking for good quailty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Dont buy ANYTHING in penneys if your looking for good quality depending on what your budget is go to Bts for shoes..fitzpatricks also do nice pairs.And id say look in Marks for the dressing gown and pants.

• Advertisement

Pants were accquired in River Island at somewhat reasonable prices and without too much hassle. I then however ran out of money and I deliberately didn't bring my bank card in so that I woulnd't spend excessively.

This is pure conjecture on my part but shoes in BTs and Fitzpatricks sound very expensive. It's been a fair while since I actually bought a pair of shoes for work so I'm not really sure what I should be spending.

100E would get you a good pair. is that above your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Tbh, not many of the shoes in fitzpatricks would be that price. A lot of their men's shoes are handmade and sell for anywhere between €150-250. I'd imagine 90% at least of their shoes would be proper leather soles, and me's shoes of that quality are hard to get for €100, unless you're lucky in the sales (for this reason, my dad only ever buys shoes in the sales, he can be like a girl sometimes over his shoe bargains ;)).

I'd recommend marks and spencers for the shoes. They should have a wide range varying in price and quality. Some people don't like to spend on leather soles 'cos they don't like the hassle of bringing them into a cobblers. I'd imagine marks should have something in the €60-€80 bracket. Work shoes for less than €60 would be hard to find.

many of the shoes in fitzpatricks are around the 100E price tag and are Gant Timberland etc,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

You need to spend a fair amount on shoe's, cheap ones just die to quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

many of the shoes in fitzpatricks are around the 100E price tag and are Gant Timberland etc,

But they will probably not have leather soles. Quality mes's shoes have leather soles. Rubber soles are rubber soles, no matter of who makes the shoes or what name is on them.

It's a matter of personal preference, leather shoes will last a lot longer but they need more upkeep. Sometimes I want a great pair of shoes that I can wear for a couple of years, so I'll spend a good bit on them. But if they're something you just want for a year, and throw away cos they can't be repaired, it doesn't really make sense to pay extra money for them imo.

100E would get you a good pair. is that above your budget?

100 would be acceptable.

Thanks for all the help folks.

Advertisement