Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news!

Options
  • 11-05-2006 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

at last they have replaced those dreadful toilet tissue dispenser thingies in the girls toilets near the commerce and law section of the library!!!

is it just me thats delighted???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Na I'm delighted too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thank God....my fingers always get trapped in them and I can never get any loo roll out!! Did they give us new luxorious toilet paper as well instead of the usual tracing paper??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Wow it really is the little things in life that make me happy!

I'm headin that way right now to check it out!

EDIT: wow it makes such a difference!! No change in the tissue though

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brilliant! It's about bloody time...I mean...carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Can I have the old ones to sniff?

Ah no really Im happy for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Wonderful. You can never get the paper out of those things.
    Now they just need better hand driers.

Actually I think I know what ye are talking about, worst designed things ever. No change in the mens toilet of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

This is silly. Girls don't go to the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

They seem to be designed so that, while difficult to get the paper out from a normal position, to just stick your head in and get some for a runny nose is damn impossible! The ones in Arts are marginally better....I go down there to get paper for a sniffy nose!

TheVan wrote:
    They seem to be designed so that, while difficult to get the paper out from a normal position, to just stick your head in and get some for a runny nose is damn impossible! The ones in Arts are marginally better....I go down there to get paper for a sniffy nose!

Just wipe it on your sleeve..thats what most guys do isnt it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Panda100 wrote:
    Just wipe it on your sleeve..thats what most guys do isnt it??

a) i won't dignify that ya femenist! :rolleyes:
    b) I won't go into detail about my nasal condition...lets just say tissues are needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

i pick my nose and wipe it on the seats if im honest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

panda100 wrote:
    thats what most guys do isnt it??
    Perhaps. But real gentlemen have a handkerchief in their pocket at all times.

And boys and girls, let me just say after the 10 years I've spent in UCD, I can honestly say the quality of loo paper is far better than it was back when I started!

TheVan wrote:
    b) I won't go into detail about my nasal condition...lets just say tissues are needed!

Ill bet its all the nasal sex you're having. Pervert.

irlrobins wrote:
    And boys and girls, let me just say after the 10 years I've spent in UCD, I can honestly say the quality of loo paper is far better than it was back when I started!
    Back in my day we had to walk 100 miles in the snow, barefoot and there was no toilet paper we had to make do with nettles which we had to pick by hand in the rain...:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Flat ones with a black nozzle (Vortice) - air is burning hot yet does not dry your hands.

Silver ones (Unitherm/Thermair) - excellent! buy more of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i just took another visit there to marvel at the new additions. it really has changed the experience of visiting the ladies. all we have to do now is install seats, a tv and mobile phone chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Gents on Level 2 near the HSSRC, three dryers only one of which works. Lyltec I think it is (white, built in nozzle.) Have them in CSI loo too, every efficient low noise, reliable.

And I think even for my level of nerdiness I've sunk to new lows. I'm discussing the merits of hand dryers??? FFS!

irlrobins wrote:
    And I think even for my level of nerdiness I've sunk to new lows. I'm discussing the merits of hand dryers??? FFS!
    Very very very true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I hope they're not the ones with just normal rolls of toilet paper on them because they don't last kissing time on the weekends - those toilets were about the only ones left in the library that actually had toilet paper by sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

irlrobins wrote:
    Gents on Level 2 near the HSSRC, three dryers only one of which works. Lyltec I think it is (white, built in nozzle.) Have them in CSI loo too, every efficient low noise, reliable.

they've a superbly useful feature in that there is both a Ready and Run light on them just in case you don't feel it on!

I hope they're not the ones with just normal rolls of toilet paper on them because they don't last kissing time on the weekends - those toilets were about the only ones left in the library that actually had toilet paper by sunday afternoon.

Kissing time??

what do ye get up to in those toilets???

I think it might be worth it:)

This ghost posting is crazy!

Must be a cork expression - I do believe i meant no time for those of you who need a translation.

Humbert, I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you.....

Nope they've got the big jumbo rolls..

God this is such a strange topic of conversation

Noice one! I now approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

irlrobins wrote:
    One of the two on the ground floor in CSI is broken though. They can't be that reliable.*

*This topic is so strange and irrelevant that I had to post on it. Ah well, at least I was on topic.

Ok while on the topic of hand-dryers the best ones in all of ucd that i've encountered are in the ladies bathroom on the top floor...they're so powerful!
    Actually I might go wash my handas right now for the craic

• Advertisement

Actually the disabled toilets on the top floor are as good as it gets too. Dear god, the shame.

Advertisement