Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Evans on BBC R2

• 11-05-2006 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Just listened to this show as I was chilling in hotel after a long meeting in London.

Interesting and good music - high production values.

As one other thread says, some of the radio here puts RTÉ to shame...

Wogan, Ross et al are much better listening as well.

In comparison, Darcy, Ryan or Tubridy seem stale...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RosieRo

Chris Evans is a god send, he makes me laugh describing even the most mundane things in his life. His shows always seem like he's just sitting around having a laugh with his mates instead of some of the other more rigid and scripted shows one finds on Radio 2.
    Even so, the quality of British broadcasting in no way compares at RTE's shoddy attempts to emulate it.

Recently the BBC realised they needed to change their station output and suit their audience which is very apparent in their Radio one and Radio two stations. RTE on the other hand know that the majority of Irelands population are under 30, with one of the youngest populations in Europe and yet is run by fusty old men and women who as Graham Norton said "wouldn't know talent if it slapped them in the face". I know no one under the age of 25 who willingly listen to the out moded content of RTE radio.

Advertisement