Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taskbar icon

Options
  • 11-05-2006 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

:cool:
    Hi I would like some help completing the development of a program.

Just to give you some background, Im not a developer (apart from db related guff completed in university) but I have some expertise in web development mostly in asp/vbs and creating wsh scripts to aid n/w admin.

What I want to know is how can I put an icon in the task bar and map it to an asp page or exe?:confused:

thanks
    alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You could write a script to create it as a shortcut in the quick launch folder, then force the quick launch folder on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

wingnut wrote:
    You could write a script to create it as a shortcut in the quick launch folder, then force the quick launch folder on.
    Please never force a users settings to do what you want rather than what they want. Its a nice fast way to get a bad reputation.
    What I want to know is how can I put an icon in the task bar and map it to an asp page or exe?
    The icon is put there by an application that is running in the background, so your best bet would be to use something like C# to create a small process that you can start on log on, which when clicked will do what you want.

C# 2005 EE makes it the work of a few minutes, though it does mean that your users will need to have the .NET 2.0 framework installed.

Advertisement