Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flashs

Options
  • 11-05-2006 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

hey there just wonder did any one else see the flash form 2 am to about 5 am this morning the 11th of may.. it seemed to be like lighting but there was no thunder. i and my friends were hiking up mt lenister at the time when they started... after 3 we headed to a local 24 hour pertol station were there were 2 cars of men looking at the flash too.... they were seen by people in the carlow area too any clue...they has been nothing on the news or anything bout them!!!?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

where they BIG? Small flashes can be the sun reflecting off satellites or the iss.

If big it could be plasma... you know what is explained as being a lot of UFO sightings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

Saruman wrote:
    where they BIG? Small flashes can be the sun reflecting off satellites or the iss.

If big it could be plasma... you know what is explained as being a lot of UFO sightings.
    no man.. i know what the sun off the iss looks like ... dude big??? these were huge they lit up the entire sky for bout a sec, no noise.. not lighting ...it was very clear...plus i checked weather charts for the time and there was no report of lighting in those areas and times.. looked like bright fireworks.... visible from bunclody..enniscorty, carlow killeshin, castlecomer and parts of portlaise... too wide of an area t obe fireworks they were mad freaky..i don't what they were

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cool... im curious now myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

I saw one very bright white flash that lit up the whole sky about 3:45am. over the years while stargazing ive seen a few blue flashes aswell in totaly clear moonless skies...its rather odd to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Astro1996 wrote:
    I saw one very bright white flash that lit up the whole sky about 3:45am.

i saw this too, thought at first i was just seeing things, obviously not the case.

would it have anything to do with comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

hellboy99 wrote:
    i saw this too, thought at first i was just seeing things, obviously not the case.

would it have anything to do with comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann ?

can i ask what part of the country were you guys in? those you saw these flashs?

can i ask what part of the country were you guys in? those you saw these flashs?

I'm in Dundalk, Co.Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Tallaght, Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Could have been an Iridium flare. Those things can be really bright.

Son Goku wrote:
    Could have been an Iridium flare. Those things can be really bright.

yeah but look at the distance of the sighting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement