Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"N.R.A.I or is it M.N.S.C.I " TV Coverage

Options
  • 11-05-2006 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I believe that tomorrow on RTE2 at 7.30pm O.B sports programme are featuring highlights of the recent F Class International.

I think its only fair to advertise this and for those begrudgers and those with big chips on their shoulders just in case they watch it accidently as it could cause damage to their mental health maybe even change their opinions:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kink

This the coverage of the event on the range there 2 weeks ago right?

I will be definitely watching with a sense of pride as my club is on the d'telly! is it the highlights of the weekend?(coz does that include the nights out too...coz if I know the lads on the range they would be worth looking at too)

On a small side note: I headed over on the Sunday to see what was happening, and was amazed at the place, the flags, the improvements even the turn out all added to the great atmosphere that was present! I never thought I would see anything like this when I started shooting a few years ago. The pure professionalism and standard which has been set by the lads should not be gone unrecognized!

Now back on topic...Do you think u'll be able to see me on d'telly? I better get my mother to watch it incase this is my 15mins of fame:cool: :D :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Well done the Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland ( MNSCI) AND THE National Rifle association of Ireland ( NRAI )for getting the coverage on t.v. for shooting,
    Can there be more posetive coverage like this from the MNSCI AND THE NRAI.
    WELL DONE AGAIN, We look forward to more of the same in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 springer

Well done to all involved in such a successful International and for bringing it to a much wider audience through the coverage on OB Sports.I am very proud to have been involved and compliments to all the lads at the M.N.S.C.I and the N.R.A.I

I think the future of F Class shooting in Ireland looks very bright indeed and not forgetting the other shooting sports also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

Well what can I say "not bad at all" For a while there I thought they were not going to show it (phew)
    The new target system worked a treat "very impressive".It was also great to see the facilities for the disabled.
    The coverage was very short ,although it was good but would have been even better if it were longer.Ah well maybe next time.Hopefully sooner rather than later and from what I hear the camera crew may need a higher magnification lens for the next International because I believe all going well the lads down at the midlands will have their 1,000 yrd range fully completed.I look forward to this as Im sure everyone else is in the shooting sports.
    Well done Midlands and also to the N.R.A.I .Keep up the good work and long may it continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Streaming video clip now available on the RTE website (requires Real Player)-
    http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/228-2139999.smil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭17HMR

As someone who has never shot at anything more than 150m away it was really interesting to see how the longer range folk go about their business.

Tell me though - how on earth do you zero your scopes at those distances ? Is it done incrementally at 50m, 100m (where you can see the results) and so on out to 600 and beyond so that you are at least on the card ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

More photo' are now up on www.nrai.ie of the international, and report of the f-class league match on last sunday 14 may 2006.

In answer to your question 17hmr yes your elevation is done to set distances from 100 yards to 1200 yards in increments of 100 yards.

The thrick is knowing you windage at the different distances wheather its a 20 mile per hour wind at one thousand yards or a 5 mph wind at 300 yards or if the wind is a full value wind at 9 o'clock or half value at 1 o'clock.

Mirage is also a difficult thing to deal with especialty with a wind as the v bull is like a bouncing ball on the target.

There are many variables in long range shooting and many many books have been written about it.

Advertisement