Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa?

Options
  • 11-05-2006 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

hey i just want some info from people who have gone to america to work/live by getting a visa. Is it difficult to get a visa? Is it ok if a member of the family vouch for you who live in the states? I know the embassy in in ballsbridge but does anyone have info on the procedure and whether or not its difficult to get into the united states to work? do you have to go for an interview?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

please im me if you have details id greatly appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Afaik the family member in the US will have to petition for you on your behalf over there. You will have to go for an interview in Ballsbridge, unfortunately it does take quite sometime for it to be all said and done, about 3 months or so in most cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

Afaik the family member in the US will have to petition for you on your behalf over there. You will have to go for an interview in Ballsbridge, unfortunately it does take quite sometime for it to be all said and done, about 3 months or so in most cases.

This is usually the case. I recommend checking out http://www.visajourney.com for more information. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Read the green card sticky at the top of the forum.

Advertisement