Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hosting question

Options
  • 11-05-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

This might seem like a stupid question to most of you but I'l ask anyway..........
    I have bought hosting with webhostingireland and a domain name with NTT/Verio. I cant seem to figure out how to make the domain name link to my hosted files (obviously I'm a complete noob). I have gone into my domain name settings and put down the server given by my host. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Basically you need to update the DNS settings for the domain to point to your new host's nameservers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

cool, cheers mate. I really appreciate the advice, totally lost here!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

there doesnt seem to be anywhere that I can change the DNS. The only menue that will let me input any values is under DOMAIN SERVICES/EDIT DELIGATION, which asks for 4 servers which I have given. There is absolutely nothing else I can do. Is it possible that it might take a few days? I only purchased this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

yeah, give it until tomorrow to propogate

Advertisement