Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Moderator

Options
  • 11-05-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

This is for those of you who haven't been following the drama of the mod threads.

Basically, I'm finished college this year (I hope) and so myself and Truckle have asked for Hullaballoo to be my replacement.

Also, as I'm doing my finals at the moment I would appreciate it if you could all use the report post function if any problems arise as I won't have time to check in from now on. The mod changeover should happen as soon as Cloud gets a chance anyway.

If you really need to get in contact with a mod please contact Truckle.

Steph

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

So we're home... alone? hmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

look forward to working udner u hullabaloo :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ahh that's cool, a step up from Sangre, but a step down from Daveo :cool:

lookin forward to antagonising you hulla!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I've been promised free reign by hullabaloo. So don't bother reporting any of my posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

too late, sorry... i should read your posts before I report them in future :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sorry to see you go Peachy!

Hullaballoo is a good choice though. I envision him being firm and fair, like a comely maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Hullaballoo - good choice. Maybe we can renew our joint reign of moderating terror in the UCD forum like in the Legal Discussion.

On second thoughts, this one's too much work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Thanks for everything you've done for us, peachy. Be sure to drop by from time to time, hope that whatever life brings your way is nothing short of what you deserve. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I hope that you will still come to the odd beers. It would be a shame if you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I hope that you will still come to the odd beers. It would be a shame if you didn't.

Shes not moving to Alaska!:D

Thx Pchy

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thanks all for the encouraging comments. I am aware that some of you might find this a hard nut to crack, but I will do my best to keep the standard of the forum at its peak for as long as possible.

As peachy has let you know, I am strict on spam, but I am not a demonic overlord, so relax on that one. No one should be afraid of me.

I think there has been enough attention drawn to the issues with spam so that neither of the mods will have to worry too much about it now.

I'm off to study land law for my finals now, so happy posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Thought it might be Hullaballoo. Good choice, seems like a decent lad... good luck! :)

I'll miss you Peachy! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thanks guys.

I'm sure I'll make it to the next beers :)

Best of luck with everything.

Steph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

muha ha ha ha ha ur one of us now!!!
    do u feel naked without 4 stars!!!

ah no thanks ur a peach and best of luck to hullaballoo

As peachy has let you know, I am strict on spam, but I am not a demonic overlord, so relax on that one. No one should be afraid of me.
    You introduced one-strike banning in your other forum:eek:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You introduced one-strike banning in your other forum:eek:
    That's completely different though. That involves potential legal ramifications for boards.ie so I'm not going to risk that. Would you? I don't want to have DeV bearing down on me over some guy suing boards on foot of something that happened in one of the fora I moderate. Would you?

Anyway, one thing I won't be doing is defending how I moderate the Legal Discussion forum in here, that's something best left to the Feedback forum.

Anyway, one thing I won't be doing is defending how I moderate the Legal Discussion forum in here, that's something best left to the Feedback forum.
    I have no problems with your moderation -when I was there you were nice and fair, but last time I popped by I saw the sticky and was shocked.
    I get the reasons it just seems harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yore ma seems harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Ode To Peacheh.....

(to the tune of 'Out of Reach' by Gabrielle)

Knew the spam, wasn't right
    I was stupid, for a while
    Not okay by you,
    but I posted like a fool....

So confused,
    Boards not amused,
    What are we ever gonna do?
    Out of peach, not fair,
    We miss your tender modding care,
    out of peach, when I post
    I miss our gracious host

Catch myself, from dispair,
    I will see you at boards beers...
    Keeping busy, til that day..
    Somehow I will be okay..

But I'm...
    so confused,
    boards not amused,
    what are we ever gonna do?
    Out of peach, unplanned...
    Can't go on, might as well be banned
    Out of peach, and I see..
    there's no mod like her for me.

So much thread, so much spam
    takes awhile to read and
    I hope that in time
    you'll laugh at my rhyme
    won't think i'm stalking
    youuuuuuu

so confused,
    boards overused,
    so we turn to hullabaloo,
    out of peach, but we'll see
    if life after steph can be....
    out of peach, she's got her degree...
    still one more year for me.

On a more serious note, thanks for everything Steph, hope to see you at beers.

All the best to Hullabaloo!

Sangre wrote:
    Yore ma seems harsh
    Testing...testing...one...two...testing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

elmyra wrote:
    Ode To Peacheh.....

(to the tune of 'Out of Reach' by Gabrielle)

Roffle! That was quality!

Cheers hun. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That was great elmyra!

Best of luck in the future peachy, and to hullaballoo in his new responsibilities!
    :)

Advertisement