Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I need the assistance of Dublin peeps who have big autos!

Options
  • 11-05-2006 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I'm taking a bit of a 'flyer' here, but would anyone who's is familair with auto Mercs or similair fancy doing me a favour in the next week or two?

I'd like someone to demo a used car . If you feel you could give me a dig out. Just reply.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how do you mean "demo" you mean get people to lend you their car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I think he means come with him when he's test driving the car

Isn't that what garages are for? I guess Mike is looking at older cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I mean neither (I dont need my hand holding!) rather I want someone to do the donkey work for me! Give a car a spin and the 'once over' then report back and then take it from there.

Mike.

is it specific cars? I see. thats a good idea, save you a bit of legwork. I'm game for that

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hey Mike, that second Merc looks like it has two aerials on the rear. Could it be an ex-taxi or hackney? Just a thought.

bazz26 well spotted though my car still sports an aerial (on roof) for the ancient NEC car phone so it may be similair (or not). If it is/was a taxi then its been 'clocked' - less than 100k.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Of the two, I would be much more interested in the E200.

Reasons: main dealer seller (probably FSH - they would sell on to trade if not up to their standard), lower miles, higher spec, less owners, newer, nicer colour, lower road tax, not valetted for pics.

I can put you in touch with a top-notch Mercedes expert who is close to Castleknock who might check it (and/or the other car) out for you for a very reasonable fee. PM me if interested in this.

[edit] add: (and/or the other car)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

esel wrote:
    I can put you in touch with a top-notch Mercedes expert who is close to Castleknock who might check it (and/or the other car) out for you for a very reasonable fee. PM me if interested in this

You'd do well to take esel up on his offer there, Mike. BTW since you originally posted you're after a W124, I couldn't stop noticing the vast number of them still around (Dublin). I don't do big miles and I still see at least 10 of them a day - only 3 or 4 of them taxis

Deffo a wise choise to start looking over here, albeit indirectly :)

• Advertisement

unkel this thread is all your fault! :D

esel that sounds like a good offer though the Almandine red is much the nicer colour for me! I'll PM you.

Mike.

Advertisement