Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quality timber merchants

Options
  • 11-05-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi guys,

just wondering if any of you, well in the midlands or the south in particular, can recommend somewhere where I could get quality timber for roofing. My house is a sort of tricky , arent they all , one off build. I had hoped for C24s but a few lads, even one guy with his own merchants said this is impossible ,as mostly the timber is just graded as that , when in fact it might not be of that quality. I dont mind spending the money as the roof is quiet big and as its going to be a main feature of the house , I want it right. There are two roofs involved, one has to be C18 at least, so if anyone has any advice on where best to source the stuff, it would be well apppreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Give Coen's in Tullamore a call. They have a huge choice and might be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

Stapeler,

Have heard of them before but never dealt with them. Will give them a shout

Mike

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Tipperary Mike,

Coens should be a good bet alright, or Kilmurray precast in Mullingar.
    Failing that any timberframe company will be able to sell you C16-C24's no problem, as they will be using them constantly.

Mcmahons of Limerick, have stores nationwide, and are heavily involved in supplying the timberframe market, including all the cls timbers, and stress graded timbers.

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

That sounds like a good idea. Might give McMahons a twirl alright as well. As you probably know yourself, well I only know what I hear am no expert, some guys claim that a lot of the timber is grown too fast and its hard to get top quality stuff, so hopefully some of these suggestions should do the trick.

Sound

Advertisement