Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your summer goals.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

-finish my thesis
    -kiss hot boys
    -start playing gigs again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

My non-exciting plans:
    *join softball league team
    *not do repeat exams
    *get driving lessons
    *get some kind of job
    *go away with boyfriend

yup, no gym for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

- get job ... nearly there already ;)
    - start swimming again, haven't had time since January :rolleyes:
    - pay off at least some of my accumulated credit card debt :rolleyes:
    - resume my various activities, svp, etc and possibly take a dance class ... haven't been able to do any of this stuff for about two years
    - read books that my parents kindly bought me at Christmas that have been gathering dust in my room since I haven't had a chance to read them yet

And the one I really can't wait for:1219.gif
    - have my little sis to stay with me, hopefully about once a month ... she hasn't been to stay with me in about eighteen months so can't wait for some proper time alone with her ... Mini Me's great (although actually an inch taller than me :p) 143.gif
    1074.gif1074.gif1074.gif1074.gif1074.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Sangre wrote:
    Was briefly outside the library today in hawaiin shorts and a navy quickersilver tshirt. Although I'm not tall. Also have black hair and I'm kinda tanned. Did the guy have headphones on?

PM him your bebo. Much easier.
    rain on wrote:
    -kiss hot boys

hey rain_on! did you notice that a majority of your posts here in the ucd forum includes hot boys!! ;) You shouldn't invigilate in the Shelbourne. Just babies there!!! :p

Ok, my summer goals:
    • Finish thesis -> leave college
    • Have an after-ucd-life

After-ucd-life includes:
    • Find proper job
    • Move out of Glenomena
    • Resume hobby
    • KISS HOT BOYS
    • *EDIT: Win someone's heart I know Exar_Khun said it first, it sounds so cute, had to make it a goal of mine, too :o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Try to be a nicer person

Give up the drink

Find somewhere to live

Ask the love of my life out once and for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Grimes wrote:
    You can borrow my stabilizers if you like?
    [/LIST]

*yoink* thank you! I tried it yesterday in my friend's house. I was so bad that in the end he was lying on the ground in his back yard unable to catch his breath from laughing so much. I fell seven times. I think I'm gonna take it off the summer goal list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm sure I'll have more goals later when I think about it but for now
    My goals are to;
    *quit smoking [achievable since most of my smoker mates will be in the US and I've managed it for two years I can do it again]
    *take a holiday somewhere fun [very achievable just have to find someone to come with me]
    *move up a level in work [its already in the pipeline]
    *buy a car [this probably wont happen while I can afford it, in reality I dont need a car as I live smack bang central for everything so I'll probably hold out]
    *spend money on myself [I deserve it after all]
    *do a Rain_On and score some hot boys!! which leads to the next one really
    *try not to sexually harrass the new guy in work [when they said show him the ropes Scraggs they didnt mean like that!]
    *find a place that isnt a total hovel to live in next year
    and most importantly

SPEND LES TIME ON T3H INTERNET:D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Grimey, boneless, keep it to yourselves, no one wants to know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sangre wrote:
    Hmm..won't be able to achieve these goals if I don't get back to changing this criminology essay on ecological theories. It basically postulates that more knackers come out of the Northside because its a kip. Their cronic inbreeding is only a minor factor in their criminogenic personalities.

Oh sangre,do graduate soon...the law world needs you and your opened mind so much.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

My summer goals include:

while in America do the following:
    visit boston, philidelphia, washington DC, possibly niagra falls in canada!
    try magic mushrooms for the first time,
    Drink....alot,
    work.....a bit
    hopefully pass exams and avoid having to repeat

EDIT: Smoke Pot and lots there of

arrive back in mid september after 10 days in the Dominican Republic (cause three months in NYC is just not enough) and at last get to sit my finals!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

- work in a solicitors if i can charm the partner in my interview, think i'll go for the look my avatar sports
    -hit the gym hard
    -enjoy family holiday away (my sister will be finished her leaving cert)
    -try to scare my sister about college
    -go interrailing with my best friends
    -go to loads of nightclubs so i can dance the night away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

o and hit sangre for the northside comment, i know ur in the lib young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Summer goals la la la...

Um
    - Lose weight (because I'm a radical militant feminist, and a hypocrit)
    - Get a raise in work
    - Set up Philsoc's calander of speakers for next year so I don't have to worry about it in September.
    - Dedicate myself properly to some form of pro-choice activism
    - Come to a coherent and consistent philosophy of education (a tad ambitious but at the very least I'll do some reading on the topic)
    - Go to Prague and Amsterdam and spend a couple of days 'mad out of it'
    - Spend a weekend in London
    - Throw a couple of parties, go to more
    - Find a reliable and consistent source of sex
    - Do something with my hair (the girls are suggesting dreadlocks, what do we think?)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dreadlocks? I dread the thought.

Sangre wrote:
    Dreadlocks? I dread the thought.

Little skinny ones... like, not flithy massive ones.
    Has the massive advantage of removing the question 'what the heck should I do with my hair to make it presentable' from my daily routine (I have awful and unruly hair) without the shock value scariness of the alternative solution, namely shaving it all off.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Dreadlocks have their shock value too though.

Not in my idealised mental picture of them though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

- Lose weight (because I'm a radical militant feminist, and a hypocrit)
    If you`re implying that you`re overweight, then i must be morribly obese, i know you only posted that to make me feel bad about myself ;). Besides i dont remember the rule which says that all feminists have to be fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*is a feminist, and is on a diet, but doesn't think the two are necessarily linked*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

So is rain on. Maybe you could link up and offer someone a 2 for 1 offer?
    Do something with my hair (the girls are suggesting dreadlocks, what do we think?)
    God no. Dreads on girls is just so unattractive. In fact dreads and white people just don't mix imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

- Go to Prague and Amsterdam and spend a couple of days 'mad out of it'
    - Do something with my hair (the girls are suggesting dreadlocks, what do we think?)

Well, if you're going to Amsterdam, I can recommend a very reliable source of sex there. :)
    PM me if interested!!

And don't ruin your hair! :cool:

What the fcuk is going on?

i am also goin to add to my goals

rid the world of people with dredlocks........they look dirty and regardless whether u are clean or not people think you are dirty because of those mingin rat tails hanging off your dirty filthy head...........

maybe a braid might be better pretty monster, you could get shells attached to them like monica from friends

DONT GET DREDS YOU WILL LOOK FILTHY DIRTY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

What the fcuk is going on?
    We're talking about our summer goalssmile.gif

humbert wrote:
    We're talking about our summer goalssmile.gif
    You know what I was getting at. Surely you know what I was getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

You know what I was getting at. Surely you know what I was getting at.
    Yea, sorry, couldn't help it:)

i dont but im a bit thick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

tintinr35 wrote:
    rid the world of people with dredlocks........they look dirty and regardless whether u are clean or not people think you are dirty because of those mingin rat tails hanging off your dirty filthy head...........

Ouch! :(

Summer goals:
    *Get a job for the first time.
    *Play ridiculous amounts of bass guitar
    *Maybe start a band
    *Enjoy my free holiday :D
    *Save for/Buy stuff (eg. Nintendo Wii, music related apparatus)
    *Party :cool:

If you`re implying that you`re overweight, then i must be morribly obese, i know you only posted that to make me feel bad about myself .

Yes dear, my secret summer goal is to make you feel bad about youself

*is a feminist, and is on a diet, but doesn't think the two are necessarily linked*

Umm... no not necessarily... it's not a key tenant of feminism or even radical feminims... but I personaly see the diet industry certainly (and any industry focused on the elevation of the kind of beauty one has to pay for) as fundamentally damaging to women and a tool of oppression (for capital's sake, as oppored to patriarchy's sake). Hence hypocricy on my part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Pfft. We're all slaves to marketing/advertising etc. You get used to it. ;)

Advertisement